Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

image.png.5eed1c7143de679ddefcbcae780bc03b.png

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pocket-cinema-camera-4k-european-launch-event-registration-50396784138

Today directly from my email inbox:

To the European Launch of the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K!

Join us and the Blackmagic team in London on Wednesday, October 10th to mark the introduction of the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. You will see the first projects shot with the camera, meet the filmmakers and get some hands-on time, as well as a night of music, food and drinks!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

From my experience with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera and color temperature, I found the BMCC looks better in daylight 5600k lighting rather than 3200k tungsten.  I have read that this is the case with most modern sensors - they are optimized light sources closer to Daylight than tungsten.

I am thankfully for the test being done, but shooting in daylight may have been a better light source for real world comparison sake.

It would be nice to have seen the GH5 with GHAlex LUT.

I saw the comment about using the version 4 color science with the Pocket the would be welcome as well.

Adding these refinements and BRAW sensor output tuning (when available) and we may see that the Pocket 4k will be more competitive in the skin tone category against the Alexa.

This test shows the potential but not the final image that can be had from the Pocket 4k pending BRAW and version 4 colors science is applied under Daylight conditions.

Even under daylight well exposed it was clear which camera was which with the gh5 having a rather pale green desaturated look to the skintones. The pocket had some vitality to the skintones but was a bit too sharp for my liking. And the alexa was head and shoulders above the others.  

2 hours ago, JordanWright said:

I just read on the BM forums that CVP only had 1 camera delivered to them.

Pretty much the same thing here in the states, only 50 cameras arrived this week, and all were demo cameras for stores. This info is from Hot Rod Cameras. I'm first on their list, and they have promised me a camera next week as they have been promised by US BMD distribution to receive another order next week, but they do not know the volume of the shipment yet.

1 hour ago, Snowfun said:

Now I just feel guilty... 

But it is a nice one.

Haha

I'd go on that forum and say "Yeah, that's my one but funnily enough I'm off on holiday for a month so won't be able to even get it out of the box til I get back" and watch them all lose their shit ;)