Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, mechanicalEYE said:

I have no answer for you, but I'm not seeing reddish tint with the smaple on my monitor, and I haven't seen any with my personal Eterna footage. 

Interesting. I see reddish tint on my oled (Alienware 13R2) in midtones.

• Super Members

Wouldn't worry about it. This is Fuji we're talking about. Not only do they fix things they will also ad additional features via firmware.

Panasony and Canikon could learn a thing or two from them. After using Blackmagic, Bolex and Fuji one can easily become a bit spolied with solid updates and fixes.

I can confirm I also discovered that DR400 autofocus inconsistency was the problem, and when on DR100 it is really good from my tests. DR200 also seems good and I'm unsure if it's the same as DR100 or slightly worse at this point. Seems like this is something that can be fixed. Is there a technical reason why performance would be worse at DR400?

DR100 uses straight sensor processing whereas DR200/400 use off-sensor processor trickery to get that extra DR. My guess is Fuji hasn't compensated for the extra DR settings in video mode (which weren't available on XT2) hence AF struggles at DR200/400 because of this. Surely a firmware update will fix this, in the meantime DR100 seems the only option for AF-C.. annoying but at least looks like we got an explanation for the inconsistent AF reports. someone should shoot this up to Fuji HQ..

31 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You can't fix Everything with a firmware update. This thing seems pretty rushed just like Panny did with the EVA1. Sony pushes a lot of stuff out, and hard for others to keep up.

and Sony fixes their mistakes by pushing out a new camera, is this really the way people prefer?

If this bug is reported to Fuji by enough people, it will probably be fixed soon

3 minutes ago, Django said:

someone should shoot this up to Fuji HQ..

no. As much people as possible should.

• Super Members

Sony doesn't fix jack in my experience, they are the absolute worst in that respect imo. Not bugs and definitely not adding stuff like Fuji and Blackmagic. Fuji are quick on the ball so I wouldn't worry one single bit about it. 

Personally I never ever shoot outside of DR100 so it doesn't matter anyway :)