Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, j-oc said:

Mine arrived this morning. I've got some work to do now but I'll be playing with this after lunch if you have any questions.

_DSF6002.jpg

Awesome. Could you please check how smoothly it transitions between exposures in different priority modes? (P, A, S, M with auto ISO). And also if it the autofocus jitters much on static or near-static subjects

@j-oc: Congrats & bon appetit!  i'm curious about the touch to focus, if it can do a smooth rack focus?  

does natural live view on F-Log apply a view-assist like function to preview footage? 

also can't find anywhere in the manual if the H1 has dual-level axis level indicator (like GFX50) or single-axis like XT2?

Oh geez, you  guys are making me jealous. I had no idea the camera was out so soon! It's in stock in UK stores too. Looks like I can't afford it for now though so i'll be sticking with my G85 or maybe replacing it with the XT2. Ultimately I will probably get a Sony a7 III, but for the price of the body alone I can currently get an XT2 + 18-55mm f2.8, 23mm and 35mm f1.4's. 

1 minute ago, Inazuma said:

Oh geez, you  guys are making me jealous. I had no idea the camera was out so soon! It's in stock in UK stores too. Looks like I can't afford it for now though so i'll be sticking with my G85 or maybe replacing it with the XT2. Ultimately I will probably get a Sony a7 III, but for the price of the body alone I can currently get an XT2 + 18-55mm f2.8, 23mm and 35mm f1.4's. 

I thought you sold your X-T2? Didn’t you own one? Sorry, can’t keep track of everyone!

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I thought you sold your X-T2? Didn’t you own one? Sorry, can’t keep track of everyone!

Yeh I've actually owned the XT2 twice before. This would be my third time hah! The last time I sold it was in Summer last year so I could buy two G85's for use in documentary type work I had in the second half of the year.

24 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

So... reasons why you would choose Sony over Fuji? I believe you’ve owned both, am I right? Sorry to put you on the spot...

I understand why Fujifilm have created a specific video mode. It means that it’s straightforward to have completely different settings for photo and video modes. 

I cant even change the parameters on my xpro2 but I wouldn’t want to use my stills settings for video. This would mean multiple menu changes before I could press the record button. On the X-H1 is just a matter of turning the dial and pressing the shutter release and then back again. So I think there are cases to be made for both.

Would surprise me if the AF is less good than my X-Pro 2, which I think is more than adequate for what I do. Especially with lenses powered by linear motors like the 16-55 2.8 or the newer “fujicrons”. 

5 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Good luck to those guys going along the A7III... LOL :-)

It is tempting, it fixes so many issues I (and a lot of people) had with the older series, and the price is right, and has an S35 mode as well, I love S35, I wouldn't change a APS-C camera for a full frame, no way, but when the full frame has the S35 option as well, and costs as much, then..bonus! I said that before I knew anything about any A7iii or any other camera, the Fuji doesn't bring a lot to the table for NON Fuji users, I do not see a lot of people changing system for Fuji (actually I must have said those exact words), and then I declared enemy of the state number 1 and the such! It is just an educated guess, I love Fuji, and hope them the best, but they have to worth my money, because they are very hard earned!

Edit: As I said before, for Nikon users, Fuji is the preferable mirrorless system (at least around my circle of friends and co-workers), when the Nikon mirrorless is reality, a lot of the Nikon crowd will go back.

@j-oc I would like to know more about the touch operations, touch focus functions and how good the camera feels ergonomically. Also, how the camera feels with the (mandatory) battery grip.

Congrats to your new camera, enjoy!