Jump to content
salim

NX2 rumors

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The most recent rumor says, Trump will soon resign from his US presidency and will convert to Islam. When announcing this officially, the White House event will be shot exclusively on the NX2 - and brought to American people in TV by an Iranian broadcast company. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arikhan said:

The most recent rumor says, Trump will soon resign from his US presidency and will convert to Islam. When announcing this officially, the White House event will be shot exclusively on the NX2 - and brought to American people in TV by an Iranian broadcast company. :grin:

I MUST REFRAIN FROM THIS...I MUST REFRAIN FROM THIS...I MUST REFRAIN FROM THIS... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a fresh look at some old NX1 files because I can now open them natively in latest Mac OS

I was astonished at the high quality of the NX1 h265 files, compared to the Edit Ready converted files I used back at the time (I tried every h265 conversion software)

I think if Mac native h265 had been available at the time the NX1 would have been better received 

I think all the DR problems, heavy contrast, highlight clipping you often see on NX1 footage is due to bad h265 conversion software,

the native files look superb on a new High Sierra MacBook Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing how this thread is populated by many NX users... what's next when the gear begins to fail, gets damaged, etc?

For me: 4k for 1080 delivery is a massive editing gamechanger for corporate interviews; the NX1 4K works fantastically for this use. Footage is very clean, and I've grabbed B-roll in factories and offices up to 2000iso; sometimes needs NR that high, sometimes is fine - 4k to 1080 often solves many noise issues.

APS-C looks fantastic with my Nikkors and even antique 1960's Canon FL primes. Really dislike going smaller sensor.

AF with the kit lens is pretty amazing on gimbals and steadicams. Another huge game changer, my Kessler/monitor setup is getting dusty. I can knock out ten b-roll shots where I used to get one out with the crane.

Fantastic stills camera for well-lit shoots; the EVF just kills for fast-moving action stills or changing light.

Fantastic camera with studio strobes using the EVF and Nikkors, screen set to "framing mode" - when there's enough focusing light. In dimmer situations with packs and heads, Nikkors are a no-go if I'm shooting 5.6 or slower. Don't have one of the fast native zooms, but plenty of Nikon bodies for those situations. Still on the fence about finding the 50-150, it's still a pricey-ish lens, but would make the NX more useful with still gigs. But I do mainly video. But then when I do stills, I get hired for really tough gigs, lighting big factories, 5 packs and a dozen heads, stuff like that, so the more tech, the better.

The main things for me are APS-C, that crisp 4K, 60p and 120p available, great for nonprofit/hospital kids/drama - and truly functional AF on a gimbal. The biggest issue for me is I'd love some Sony-level low light capability, that stuff is gorgeous. Wouldn't mind 4K at 60p, too. I could consider full frame, not excited about 4/3. Maybe I should be.

So if my NX gets stolen tomorrow, what would make me a happy camper? Used NX? Sony-something? GH5S?? (My next camera may be the BMC 4K studio and a 4K recorder, for higher-end gigs and keying - but that's another shooting scenario, I'd still use the NX1 often).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, M Carter said:

Seeing how this thread is populated by many NX users... what's next when the gear begins to fail, gets damaged, etc?

For me: 4k for 1080 delivery is a massive editing gamechanger for corporate interviews; the NX1 4K works fantastically for this use. Footage is very clean, and I've grabbed B-roll in factories and offices up to 2000iso; sometimes needs NR that high, sometimes is fine - 4k to 1080 often solves many noise issues.

APS-C looks fantastic with my Nikkors and even antique 1960's Canon FL primes. Really dislike going smaller sensor.

AF with the kit lens is pretty amazing on gimbals and steadicams. Another huge game changer, my Kessler/monitor setup is getting dusty. I can knock out ten b-roll shots where I used to get one out with the crane.

Fantastic stills camera for well-lit shoots; the EVF just kills for fast-moving action stills or changing light.

Fantastic camera with studio strobes using the EVF and Nikkors, screen set to "framing mode" - when there's enough focusing light. In dimmer situations with packs and heads, Nikkors are a no-go if I'm shooting 5.6 or slower. Don't have one of the fast native zooms, but plenty of Nikon bodies for those situations. Still on the fence about finding the 50-150, it's still a pricey-ish lens, but would make the NX more useful with still gigs. But I do mainly video. But then when I do stills, I get hired for really tough gigs, lighting big factories, 5 packs and a dozen heads, stuff like that, so the more tech, the better.

The main things for me are APS-C, that crisp 4K, 60p and 120p available, great for nonprofit/hospital kids/drama - and truly functional AF on a gimbal. The biggest issue for me is I'd love some Sony-level low light capability, that stuff is gorgeous. Wouldn't mind 4K at 60p, too. I could consider full frame, not excited about 4/3. Maybe I should be.

So if my NX gets stolen tomorrow, what would make me a happy camper? Used NX? Sony-something? GH5S?? (My next camera may be the BMC 4K studio and a 4K recorder, for higher-end gigs and keying - but that's another shooting scenario, I'd still use the NX1 often).

My conclusion is to graduate into a proper cinema cam which is why I think BMD and Kinefnity are great logical steps in that evolution. Plus, that Blackmagic image. Lovely. 

That being said, I'm not going to sell my NX1. I'm keeping it until it literally has a stroke. Not the perfect camera, but plenty good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, M Carter said:

Seeing how this thread is populated by many NX users... what's next when the gear begins to fail, gets damaged, etc?

For me: 4k for 1080 delivery is a massive editing gamechanger for corporate interviews; the NX1 4K works fantastically for this use. Footage is very clean, and I've grabbed B-roll in factories and offices up to 2000iso; sometimes needs NR that high, sometimes is fine - 4k to 1080 often solves many noise issues.

APS-C looks fantastic with my Nikkors and even antique 1960's Canon FL primes. Really dislike going smaller sensor.

AF with the kit lens is pretty amazing on gimbals and steadicams. Another huge game changer, my Kessler/monitor setup is getting dusty. I can knock out ten b-roll shots where I used to get one out with the crane.

Fantastic stills camera for well-lit shoots; the EVF just kills for fast-moving action stills or changing light.

Fantastic camera with studio strobes using the EVF and Nikkors, screen set to "framing mode" - when there's enough focusing light. In dimmer situations with packs and heads, Nikkors are a no-go if I'm shooting 5.6 or slower. Don't have one of the fast native zooms, but plenty of Nikon bodies for those situations. Still on the fence about finding the 50-150, it's still a pricey-ish lens, but would make the NX more useful with still gigs. But I do mainly video. But then when I do stills, I get hired for really tough gigs, lighting big factories, 5 packs and a dozen heads, stuff like that, so the more tech, the better.

The main things for me are APS-C, that crisp 4K, 60p and 120p available, great for nonprofit/hospital kids/drama - and truly functional AF on a gimbal. The biggest issue for me is I'd love some Sony-level low light capability, that stuff is gorgeous. Wouldn't mind 4K at 60p, too. I could consider full frame, not excited about 4/3. Maybe I should be.

So if my NX gets stolen tomorrow, what would make me a happy camper? Used NX? Sony-something? GH5S?? (My next camera may be the BMC 4K studio and a 4K recorder, for higher-end gigs and keying - but that's another shooting scenario, I'd still use the NX1 often).

I still have my NX1 too and i still prefer the 4k it produces to my GH5. I only use the GH5 for wildlife and some events, the combinaison of great IBIS and the lightweight of the M43 telezoom lenses is hard to beat. However, for everything else, i use my NX1 with the 30mm, 45mm, 85mm and the 16-50mm S.
I will probably go to Sony with the A7III but i can't see a lens similar to the 16-50S or as good as the 50-150mm in the Sony system, the lack of good and affordable zoom is my main concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting test above.

I used the GH5 on a couple of series jobs (demanding TV shows) and I didn't like the ergonomics, menu system, a bit noisier than the NX on low ISO e.t.c Also it seemed like every camera had few issues (one you couldn't turn it off quite often, some issues with batteries, etc that was just before Christmas, I am not sure if they have addressed them with a new firmware update). I loved the 12-100 4f Olympus lens, amazing for run and gun situations, this lens could drag me to the system, of course 4f m43 is nowhere near 2f APS-C, but it starts from 24mm equiv (my favorite focal length!) and goes up to 200mm, which is amazing for a do it all lens (the S goes up 77-78mm equiv. but you have a few focal lengths 24mm until close to 30mm, with 2f, like a bunch of wide and wide-ish primes).

My systems I want to consist from 2-3 cameras at least (1 pro body, and 2 others with different form factors, for every day use, and B, C cams on low budget jobs), so I have 4 NX cameras (2 NX1 and NX500 and NX3000) and several lenses, as well as 4 flash guns (which I don't use ever!) and most of the accessories. To move most of that on another system I would need to sell everything, plus my car!

I probably stick to my NX system for a lot more than I though, and I am still waiting for the C100mkIII (which I thought it could be the C200, but I do not care much about raw, and it is a little bit expensive for what it is and for my use, without any middle codec in built).

As I hybrid system it has everything I need, covers me 100% for photography and the occasional job, as a video camera, I do not even shoot 4K yet (5% per year, it used to be less!) so I believe I start have time to spend with this camera. The only think I miss is a S ultra wide zoom (like the stabilized Fuji 10-22mm) and I wish the 45mm was stabilized for video. Every thing else, I have. Even the fish eye (which I use quite often) is exceptional and a rarity among APS-C systems.

IBIS, I do not care (I use monopods, gimbals, tripods anyway) and I am waiting to see the Sony A7siii and what direction Canikon will take with their new mirrorless. So far I haven't seen anything impressive, except the GH5 and GH5s, spec wise, but so many people own them, I could find one any day, if I need 10 bit. 

Also, my sweet spot is APS-C. I love the S35 aesthetics, it is right for the job (not too much shallow depth of field like full frame and all these gimmicks, but easily reachable on APS-C for specific situations, unlike smaller sensors) and you save a lot on glass (size and weight). I do not really like full frame for a lot of reasons (mostly physics!) but the S35 modes on full frame cameras can ease my negativity.

Definitely do nothing before I see the Canonikons. They are still in the top (or close, for Nikon!) after so many decades, for more than one reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beritar said:

I will probably go to Sony with the A7III but i can't see a lens similar to the 16-50S or as good as the 50-150mm in the Sony system, the lack of good and affordable zoom is my main concern.

Sigma just released an entire Art series for the e-mount. I find the Art line comparable to Samsung's S line in many regards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The above video is shot with an 18-36, and in general I am not that impressed by that lens. I used one recently on a speedboosted GH5 and it was ok, but not something that could drag me away from the S. Shooting with a Sony APS-C, I can imagine using the 16-70 or even the cheap 18-105 more. Even for m43, I would prefer the Olympus 12-100 as a workhorse lens. In general, I prefer to shoot native lenses for various reasons anyway.

The Sigma is 28mm (equiv.) which a lot less wider than a 24mm lens, and goes up to 55,44 while the NX to 77, a lot more tele, and not that slower than the Sigma (especially in the wider focal lengths).  With the S lens, you can have a nice wide shot at 24mm and later on do a double portrait or even a portrait shot (or photo) even if you are not very close, with the Sigma, in reality you are somehow limited. If it was a 16-36 lens, maybe it would be more in favor, as the 2mm are important in APS-C world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beritar said:

I still have my NX1 too and i still prefer the 4k it produces to my GH5. I only use the GH5 for wildlife and some events, the combinaison of great IBIS and the lightweight of the M43 telezoom lenses is hard to beat. However, for everything else, i use my NX1 with the 30mm, 45mm, 85mm and the 16-50mm S.
I will probably go to Sony with the A7III but i can't see a lens similar to the 16-50S or as good as the 50-150mm in the Sony system, the lack of good and affordable zoom is my main concern.

The Zeis lenses are pretty good, albeit pricy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am definitely not one to stoke the rumor fires, and I really don't want to get my hopes up for something that doesn't end up happening, but has anyone seen this video about an announcement on March 15? In my mind it can only point to a camera. but hey, maybe it's just a cell phone that can by synced to a flash.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except if Samsung went f%#& all about everything, and have a cine camera with the guts of an NX2, for 3000$€£ and 265/264/pro res internal and external raw! 

"Buy this if you want to do cinema, for everything else an S9 will do the job"!(without the exclamation mark, because they will be dead serious about that statement!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Except if Samsung went f%#& all about everything, and have a cine camera with the guts of an NX2, for 3000$€£ and 265/264/pro res internal and external raw! 

"Buy this if you want to do cinema, for everything else an S9 will do the job"!(without the exclamation mark, because they will be dead serious about that statement!).

This looks like the rumor set to be released tomorrow:

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-and-ucsf-introduce-my-bp-lab-a-smartphone-app-for-blood-pressure-and-stress-research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Except if Samsung went f%#& all about everything, and have a cine camera with the guts of an NX2, for 3000$€£ and 265/264/pro res internal and external raw! 

Im have good news for you: I just shot RAW video with the NX1...RAW VIDEO in 25p - nice workflow with 25 DNGs per second. Just an unbelievable quality (in my eyes).

Problem: I'm just writing my graduation exams...after that I'll download the footage (DNG images) and describe the methodology. It's quite special but it's great for my purposes. With the 60mm 2.8 at F6 an unbelievable detail and sharpness.

It's quite exciting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...