Jump to content
Neumann Films

“The Middle Path”: A Lumix GH5s Short

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Lukes post 1 page ago, seen here, clearly shows a 2x anamorphic.

39 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

I can't see them releasing a non 4k camera

If 2x anamorph, then Luk filmed in the known Lumix 4 to 3 mode with 3328 x 2496px, the same  like the  GH4 and G7 4to3 video modes.

Luks screegrab would then be 50% downsized in each width and height. The   2x anamorph image was then 6656 x 2496 pixels large and original captured image was 3328x2496 px, giving us a 4to3 ratio, the same as on the GH4 and G7 4to3 mode for anamorphic shooting.

If we keep the sensor heigth with a pixel count of 2496 and expand width for 16 to 9 ratio, it would give us a sensor with about 4438 x 2496 pixels.

So it could be a sensor with 4438 x 2496 pixels in 16:9 ratio, my bet in S35 size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
32 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Luks screegrab would then be 50% downsized in each width and height. The   2x anamorph image was then 6656 x 2496 pixels large and original captured image was 3328x2496 px, giving us a 4to3 ratio, the same as on the GH4 and G7 4to3 mode for anamorphic shooting.

It's so nice to theorize :D

the IMX294CJK is 3704 (H) × 2778 (V) in opengate.

If you crop just 10% (to get rid of maybe minimal vignetting... then we are there). I really wouldn't mind a S35 sensor tho either :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DBounce said:

Luke, are these frame crabs from the ***** **** ? 

I only just realised that is the right number of asterisks for "LUMIX GH5S"

 

8 hours ago, mercer said:

I am by no means an expert on this but don’t you only need 8mp for 4K Video? So a 12mp sensor would be more than enough for good 4K Video while also making it easier to downsample the 6K to 4K in camera for a clean 4K image free of artifacts? Isn’t that why the a7s has near perfect 1080p?

With that being said, I believe the rumor states that the mystery camera will be geared towards high end video, so it’s quite possible that it is a S35mm sensor with an EF mount. Since the EVA1 has an EF mount and there seems to be a whole in their product line... then a $3500 S35mm 12mp GH5s could fill that gap.

 

Oh god no, please not another EF mount!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JordanWright said:

I can't see them releasing a non 4k camera

Don’t worry, it’s not going to be a s35 sensor. The announcement of the Leica DG Elmarit 200mm f/2.8 bundled with a 1.4x teleconverter for $3,000 makes it abundantly clear they’re firmly committed to the micro four thirds sensor for mirrorless. Maybe 8K video? That’s already on their roadmap...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jonpais said:

If you examine Mr. Neumann’s video carefully, you’ll notice that the color orange and the American flag figure prominently, so I’m wagering it’s some kind of surveillance camera.

All good videos should have these.

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I only just realised that is the right number of asterisks for "LUMIX GH5S"

 

So like post number three from this thread? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we consider ***** **** a mere distraction - just as clinging to our sordid earthly ways prevents us from attaining true enlightenment - the title of Mr. Neumann’s short, The Middle Path, refers unmistakably to the Noble Eightfold Path, a series of Buddhist practices and mindsets that will lead one to the liberation from samsara. And therein lies the key - eightfold - on which Panasonic is pinning its hopes to free the unwashed masses. Hence 8K, which, downsampled, will reduce to  nought the noise and artifacts which for so long have clouded our perception and hindered our spiritual growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jonpais said:

If we consider ***** **** a mere distraction - just as clinging to our sordid earthly ways prevents us from attaining true enlightenment - the title of Mr. Neumann’s short, The Middle Path, refers unmistakably to the Noble Eightfold Path, a series of Buddhist practices and mindsets that will lead one to the liberation from samsara. And therein lies the key - eightfold - on which Panasonic is pinning its hopes to free the unwashed masses. Hence 8K, which, downsampled, will reduce to  nought the noise and artifacts which for so long have clouded our perception and hindered our spiritual growth.

This made my day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two days ago, in other topic I've already said that clue is the title.

But now I suspect that - regarding his profound insiders insights/informations, eastern spiritual/teleportation relationship and searching for tight connection with best anamorphic lens - creature/being in robotic scafander is Jon himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I originally though the "***** ****" was "super 35mm" and that it wasn't a new variation of the GH5, but rather a PL- mount adapter with a focal reducer built in to make m4/3 sensor into s35 sensor (like a speedbooster for PL glass), though Luke saying the adapter is by Wooden Camera throws that idea out the window. I really don't think it's a whole new camera so much as an add-on enhancement for the GH5. Just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sam rides a mtb said:

I originally though the "***** ****" was "super 35mm" and that it wasn't a new variation of the GH5, but rather a PL- mount adapter with a focal reducer built in to make m4/3 sensor into s35 sensor (like a speedbooster for PL glass), though Luke saying the adapter is by Wooden Camera throws that idea out the window. I really don't think it's a whole new camera so much as an add-on enhancement for the GH5. Just my two cents.

Yeah I still think it could possibly be a paid hardware/firmware upgrade or an add-on to enable more features

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neumann Films said:

BOT.jpg

The skintones are absolutely stunning.

Here is the bts of that shot.

5a1de07bd9a01_ScreenShot2017-11-28at5_14_40PM.thumb.png.77d11dfeff4dba1c6cef41822e9205bc.png

What is curious to me is why Luke would choose to shoot that shot from the roof of the car. Why not shoot from the ground? Maybe the dolly had something to do with it and he just decided to get that shot while the robot was up there. Maybe the extra 4 feet played a factor? Maybe the white paint worked as bounce? The final image is very nice. Colors look fantastic. And it takes a decent amount of DR to get such nice exposure on a subject that is that backlit without proper lighting or bounce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

White cars are always good for a big bounce!  I started below on the dolly but got up on the car for a closer angle :)

I was just about to say that the white car makes the perfect bounce.

Good to know the new camera has IBIS... doubtful you held that monster lens on a close up steadily without it.

I think the real question is... what camera was the BTS shot taken with? And are you contractually obligated to say a Panasonic? Lol. 

And is the robot’s name Eva One?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mercer said:

I was just about to say that the white car makes the perfect bounce.

Good to know the new camera has IBIS... doubtful you held that monster lens on a close up steadily without it.

I think the real question is... what camera was the BTS shot taken with? And are you contractually obligated to say a Panasonic? Lol. 

And is the robot’s name Eva One?

Absolutely not contractually obligated but they sent us 2x GH5's for the previous video and that's all we use now.  So this is using a GH5 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...