Sign in to follow this  
XXX

Is there a reason why the GH3 doesn´t offer both 25p and 30p?

I kind of new the EU version doesn´t have 60p and for slomos this would have been a tad nicer than 50p, but I didn´t pay much attention to it.

Now I have a client from the states who needs 30p and I can´t offer it.

I looked at the new Nikons and Canons and they all seem to be switchable!

How come the GH3 isns´t?

Is there a way to put a US firmware on it temporaryly?

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It is stupid. Fingers crossed that Vitality figures something out.
By the way, you can actually shoot 60p on the EU GH3. Just select slow mo 40% and it records at 60p and outputs a 24p file. If you don't want slow mo you can just speed up the clip, it looks fine. No sound, but if you're using an external recorder that's not a problem.

I don't even get why they don't just make them global cams.. If it has something to do with taxing or something they should offer the other rates as a firmware download or something.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By funkyou86
      Hi, my cage for GH4/3 is for sale. Never used. I thought I can use it with GH5, but it does not fit. 
      PRICE: 37 euros + shipping. Shipping from Slovakia to EU.

• By Paulo Teixeira
      First 2 videos are in 4K 30p. Last video was shot in 1080p30. You see a little less noise in 1080p because of the crop and that's why I decided to shoot it in that mode. All clips done in fully automatic. Shutter was always at 60. 

• By vesubio
      Ok guys, here you have the Intro of Brokenman, the first 5 min, thanks for supporting the movie, I hope you enjoy....coming soon full movie....

thanks for sharing.. Lumix GH3 +Tokina 11-16(2.8), Voigtlander 25mm (0.95)

• By Julien Miscischia
      Hi fox ! This is my last edit, a short film about freestyle snowboarding. A beautiful day in a marvelous park (La Clusaz) with the two killers Matteo Cuny and Nicolas Palladio. Top of the pop, we finished with a beautiful sunset. So glad and happy to have shot this.
      Comments are welcome dudes! Some pics of the session can be found here : http://www.switchmag.fr/decouverte/2015/11391-session-park-a-la-clusaz-matteo-cuny-nico-palladio.html 
    • By Sebastien Farges
      Hi anamorphic friends,

I'm working a lot these past months so I post less than usual ;)

Here is a teaser of the new album of Arthur H, a famous french singer. It was done before last summer, shot on GH3 + my baby Hypergonar 1.75x on my Qioptiq 35mm f1.6 MeVis-C C-mount lens.
      Badfully I didn't have the GH4 yet ;)

My actual work is a 26mn Making Of a long feature movie, shot by me in 4K anamorphic in Ethiopia last november. Stay tune.

Thanks