V-log unlocked for free!

Aragonnarun

I was wandering around a Chinese filmmaking forum and someone said that he found a bug in the firmware 2.3 and unlocked V-log L for free.

So I came back home and tried. It really worked. Just did a test shot with Hugo in the sofa and loaded it in resolve with the Vlog lut and did a little adjustment. Here are the before and after frames. P1060708.thumb.png.84c32320b100c8890fdde00858769_V1-0002.thumb.png.81b873bfe8c75

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for sharing the method. (?!)

Panasonic coming up with such a cumbersome workaround to upgrade so it can't be hacked and then... voilá. Still. If you support their efforts bringing it in the first place, you might as well tip them for it.

(I already paid for mine, it's just silly that the camera already has it, but I can't use it until Panasonic ships out my key, so yeah it's nice to have an early preview)

Hi guys, it's not a hack at all. I would rather call it a bug than a hack.. it's actually really simple. I was gonna order it from the japan amazon yesterday and $99 is really not bad. I don't want to say too much in case getting into legal issues, but I'll just give you guys a hint: try to connect your camera to your Panasonic app on a smartphone.  ;)

Hugo likes taking the caps off bottles?

yes! Hugo loves bottle caps! Try to visit him on his instagram page: hugobritbull.  ;)

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

THANKS Aaron! I am figuring the bug out. Glad I can get now as it's not available for purchase in my country. I believe this is the only morally-viable case for you guys to do it, if it's available buy it. 99 dollars is not money.

So I'll just borrow it for a few days as prototype testing, for non-commercial and without publishing footage or sharing the method. Just like early testers were obligated.

And I'll definitely pay for it as soon as I am allowed, in a week, and if it doesn't get available by then, I'll connect to the Panasonic app and remove it.

(if I don't, I am stealing a product, with all the religious, moral, and legal consequences stealing provokes, just as low as shoplifting a product in the grocery store). 

THANKS Aaron! I am figuring the bug out. Glad I can get now as it's not available for purchase in my country. I believe this is the only morally-viable case for you guys to do it, if it's available buy it. 99 dollars is not money.

So I'll just borrow it for a few days as prototype testing, for non-commercial and without publishing footage or sharing the method. Just like early testers were obligated.

And I'll definitely pay for it as soon as I am allowed, in a week, and if it doesn't get available by then, I'll connect to the Panasonic app and remove it.

(if I don't, I am stealing a product, with all the religious, moral, and legal consequences stealing provokes, just as low as shoplifting a product in the grocery store). 

Agreed, im buying it for my gh4.

This is less a hack, and more of a massive oversight by panasonic. From a couple of posts, with no method I was able to get it working in 30s. I'm torn whether it is stealing or not. I legally updated the firmware and used a panasonic app in the way it was intended, I didn't have to change any code, or use a difficult workround. As a broke student I am able to use it until I have the funds to pay for it.