Blackmagic 6K FF Price Drop

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
17 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

I was thinking about picking up a used pocket 6k pro, for the internal nd's + I already have a bunch of cfast

I've also been waiting for a cheap used 6K Pro as I think its the sweet spot with the internal NDs, tiltable screen and reasonably priced EVF.

This changes things for me there too.

This with its EVF is about £1700 (cheaper really as there are quite a few used EVFs round that will knock £200 off that price) so its still cheaper than the 6K Pro and it puts into sharp relief the PIXSYS 6K with its EVF which is about £2000 more.

I think at this price that if I was getting PIXSYS then I would pick one of these up as well to get a 2nd matched camera, albeit it with a very different form factor.

Great, you guys! The newly sparkled enthusiams could be channeled into an Eoshd filming challenge. Last one was five years ago:) @kyewould be in and put his GX85 up against the Blackmagic Full Frame Raw Cine Beast. My camera of choice for that would be the classic Cinealta F3 in 8bit Slog internal mode to contribute some additional spiceyness.

What do you think? Some Magic Lantern goodness in the mix or some Z9 mayhem or some Canon Ti 8bit mastery... Let's get rollin!😊

I'd be glad to add something with my recently-acquired Komodo-X or my C70, but there's no way I'm ever going to refer to my camera as a "beast."  I shot a 48hfp thing with the K-X this last weekend and I definitely want to have more excuses to shoot with it and get comfortable before my next planned shoot in June.

Wish I had more money.

On 5/21/2024 at 9:09 AM, Emanuel said:

And now to those who still think this is not possible with this camera...

...let alone the skin tones possible to extract from this combo beauty there ; )

Emmanuel, this looks fantastic, and I just mentioned it in another thread so I thought I'd  come here and state the same thing...

As much as I like the image from these BM cameras... and this is just gorgeous... I am starting to notice when I look around at the low to no budget film community that everyone is using a BM camera now and everything looks the same. It seems the influencers on YT have developed a canned cinematic look, that although looks nice, it's also rather boring looking in some ways... or I guess the better way to say it is that it looks too similar to everything else.

But...

I really must say that it looks fantastic and if I had the money, I would have ordered one by now, especially at this price.

53 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I wonder if that indicates they've ceased production of this camera?

Or maybe they want to place another order with the factory but there is too much stock out there to make it an easy decision, so it could be part inventory management, part PR, and part market testing.

I'm just guessing of course, but I have noticed that retail tends to prioritise moving units over profit.  I've heard people before say that they'd prefer to be moving units even if it was without any profit margin at all rather than make profit but have very low throughput.  I don't pretend to understand why..

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Hope not, this is the deal of the month IMHO, who knows with no much competitors for a few months, and hope for many time to come and many sales,, what else? : ) I think I will love it ;- )

On 5/22/2024 at 9:23 AM, BTM_Pix said:

The offer would appear to be unit limited rather than specifically time limited then.

IMG_5491.thumb.jpeg.a3c03985591b3045d08a9ecaa13aeda5.jpeg

The price has gone up all over europe. But b&h in the states still have the promo. What gives? I was about to pull the trigger and now I can't get it anywhere.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, zerocool22 said:

The price has gone up all over europe. But b&h in the states still have the promo. What gives? I was about to pull the trigger and now I can't get it anywhere.

Yeah, if you go to their main site which defaults to USA then the offer is up there at the top of the page.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com

Change it to the UK (or any European country) however and it is not there.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk

But if you fancy a little break in Cancun, though, you are back in business

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/mx

10 hours ago, IronFilm said:

My guess is that sales were really low at the normal price to start with and that the announcement of a box camera dropped them to approximately 0.  Better to make a bunch of sales at break-even or even a slight loss than to write off a bunch of inventory.

Or this model was selling better than the Pyxis but they want to push that camera as their next gen of cameras.

Either way it's a good deal and equivalent to the famous OG BMPCC fire sale of 2014.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Or this model was selling better than the Pyxis but they want to push that camera as their next gen of cameras.

Either way it's a good deal and equivalent to the famous OG BMPCC fire sale of 2014.

I still think a decade later there still hasn't been a sale as good as those US$500 BMPCC cameras!

Also, thank you very much for making me feel ollllldddd by reminding me it was a DECADE ago! 😮 🤣

(as if it wasn't bad enough for me already right now, having a birthday tomorrow 🤯 )