A6700 - FX30 sensor 👀

SRV1981

9 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

This supposed "problem" isn't something that's widespread, and your sky is falling stuff is just silly. OMG, a user has a problem with one lens, there are still hundreds of others that work fine. 

Cheers

Chris

I just dont know why people feel offended if their favourite brand is under attack, a fault is a fault. There are people with problems with some combination of lens and sony camera and that is a fact

It's more than just one user have problem with one lens, the more you trying to argue it just make you look the same as those sony shell on youtube lol. Like any fault you just brush it off as non issue, but unfortunately its is a problem for some people, but not me since I only use Sony lens on my Sony camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Nothing I said was false and nothing you said proves otherwise. Sony is putting out features like breathing compensation that only work with Sony lenses. It requires specific communication between the lens and the camera to computate the correction needed. If they wanted to they could work with third party lens manufactures to make it work with them, but they won't because they want people to buy their lenses.

It's not 2016 anymore. Sony now has a large lens lineup and has become a leader in the market. They really don't need to play nice with third party companies anymore, because they really don't need them to boost the system anymore. Bless your heart for giving any of these companies the benefit of the doubt, but my original statement strands: it would not shock me at all to see Sony clamping down on third party lenses in order to try and sell more of their own. And there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing so, as a few lines of code can make third party AF lenses useless if they so choose. 

More nonsense. No camera manufacturer has opened up camera body code to allow others to tinker with it, so yes focus breathing is Sony lens only. Duh. You make it seem like Sony engineers wouldn't have to do massive amounts of extra coding to make focus breathing work with 3rd party lenses, it would take a ton of work, testing and so on. No camera company would do that.

This paranoia about Sony bricking 3rd party lenses is also complete nonsense. The backlash would be massive and they'd be hit with lawsuits from every manufacturer. You could hit them with a class action from every owner of 3rd party glass as well. It's pointless arguing this, the E-mount is open and has been since 2011 - that's a fact, your tinfoil hat theory is nothing but hyperbole.

Enjoy your camera. 

Chris

6 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

I just dont know why people feel offended if their favourite brand is under attack, a fault is a fault. There are people with problems with some combination of lens and sony camera and that is a fact

It's more than just one user have problem with one lens, the more you trying to argue it just make you look the same as those sony shell on youtube lol. Like any fault you just brush it off as non issue, but unfortunately its is a problem for some people, but not me since I only use Sony lens on my Sony camera.

I'm not offended at all, my camera is just a tool to get the job done. I'm not brushing it off as a non issue, I said more than likely the lens needs a FW update, like lots of lenses need when a new body is released. But claiming its widespread simply isn't true.

I mean here's a quote from a DPreview post about Samyang.

"I wrote to Samyang support and they wrote back that they want to analyze it as soon as they get an A6700 delivered. However a firmware fix could take month before it will be fixed."

Shocker, needs a FW update. And they don't even have a camera to test it. LOL!

Chris

Chris

7 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

I'm not offended at all, my camera is just a tool to get the job done. I'm not brushing it off as a non issue, I said more than likely the lens needs a FW update, like lots of lenses need when a new body is released. But claiming its widespread simply isn't true.

I mean here's a quote from a DPreview post about Samyang.

"I wrote to Samyang support and they wrote back that they want to analyze it as soon as they get an A6700 delivered. However a firmware fix could take month before it will be fixed."

Shocker, needs a FW update. And they don't even have a camera to test it. LOL!

Chris

Chris

I never said it was widespread issue, I just said it sucked that those people who only have samyang or the sigma aps-c lens with a6700 are fucked unless they buy sony lens or that 18-50mm in the mean time.

And yeah it is a shocker that Sony rather send their camera to youtubers than 3rd party lens manufacturers, so there you go about Sony and 3rd party relationship, Sony doesnt give an arse about them.

Though to be fair this 3rd party lens issues isn't limited to Sony, some 3rd party EF lens also have problems with R body when usind the adapter.  The 150-600mm is the prime example. AF doesn't work on C70, or work half arse on EOS R body, but Canon EF lens works perfectly fine on those R/Cinema Body.

5 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

I never said it was widespread issue, I just said it sucked that those people who only have samyang or the sigma aps-c lens with a6700 are fucked unless they buy sony lens or that 18-50mm in the mean time.

And yeah it is a shocker that Sony rather send their camera to youtubers than 3rd party lens manufacturers, so there you go about Sony and 3rd party relationship, Sony doesnt give an arse about them.

It's a new body, even Sony lenses need FW updates, don't you get that? Have you ever updated FW on your lenses? Lots of new camera releases have a lens FW update to optimize its functionality. There are tons of YouTube videos with 3rd party lenses on the a6700, this discussion is silly, the 18-50 clearly isn't the only lens that works with the body.

I'm out.

Chris

6 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

It's a new body, even Sony lenses need FW updates, don't you get that? Have you ever updated FW on your lenses? Lots of new camera releases have a lens FW update to optimize its functionality. There are tons of YouTube videos with 3rd party lenses on the a6700, this discussion is silly, the 18-50 clearly isn't the only lens that works with the body.

I'm out.

Chris

I dont have to update my Sony lens when I got the new Sony camera, they just works fine, can you name a Sony lens that needs update for the new Sony camera body? I m not talking about optimising performance, just not crashing or af-c keep pulsing like those third party lens do. Of course new firmware will give better performances, but with Sony lens you generally wont have operational issues.

2 hours ago, ntblowz said:

I can't imagine identifying so much with a billion dollar corporation that I have to defend them no matter what. It really is a weird part of this hobby/profession (and honestly, many others.) It's little wonder why these companies think they can get away with things, they'll have an endless number of people defending anything and everything without being on their payroll!

Just now, newfoundmass said:

can't imagine identifying so much with a billion dollar corporation that I have to defend them no matter what

To be fair its mostly a Sony thing in our community. A lot of video/hybrid shooters these days know nobody other than Sony (a side effect of superiority of one brand's marketing strategy over the rest of industry), so when you question Sony, you're in fact questioning their career. 

12 minutes ago, Eric Calabros said:

To be fair its mostly a Sony thing in our community. A lot of video/hybrid shooters these days know nobody other than Sony (a side effect of superiority of one brand's marketing strategy over the rest of industry), so when you question Sony, you're in fact questioning their career. 

You see it a bit with Canon too, though I do agree that Sony has supplanted Canon when it comes to people defending them no matter what. 

38 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

You see it a bit with Canon too, though I do agree that Sony has supplanted Canon when it comes to people defending them no matter what. 

I feel so seen. My entire identity is based on the name printed on my camera. How insightful LOL! 

Meanwhile Canon unleashed its lawyers to crush all 3rd party lenses. And Sony is the big corporate devil because Samyang needs to update its firmware. You just can't make this shit up. Keep jousting at those windmills.

Common sense isn't very common these days, especially on the internet.

Cheers

No signs Sony will close its system.  Sony can close its system.  I remember when I bought the m1 MacBook at launch and I couldn’t use google drive for almost a year. It is infuriating and so I get a6700 users who expected a seamless transition. 

many views can but simultaneously true and not be undermining each. 

2 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

I feel so seen. My entire identity is based on the name printed on my camera. How insightful LOL! 

Meanwhile Canon unleashed its lawyers to crush all 3rd party lenses. And Sony is the big corporate devil because Samyang needs to update its firmware. You just can't make this shit up. Keep jousting at those windmills.

Common sense isn't very common these days, especially on the internet.

Cheers

You're the one being defensive, man. I chose not to respond to you because there wasn't any reasoning with you, and you wouldn't concede anything so what's the point? Maybe when multiple people notice something about you there's something to it even if you can't see it? I don't know.

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

You're the one being defensive, man. I chose not to respond to you because there wasn't any reasoning with you, and you wouldn't concede anything so what's the point? Maybe when multiple people notice something about you there's something to it even if you can't see it? I don't know.

Bless your heart.

On 8/30/2023 at 9:06 AM, ntblowz said:

Though to be fair this 3rd party lens issues isn't limited to Sony, some 3rd party EF lens also have problems with R body when usind the adapter.  The 150-600mm is the prime example. AF doesn't work on C70, or work half arse on EOS R body, but Canon EF lens works perfectly fine on those R/Cinema Body.

On MFT, DFD in Panasonic cameras only works with Panasonic lenses, Dual IS only with Pansonic lenses, Olympus Sync IS only with Olympus lenses.

Don't know how Panasonic is playing their ball on L Mount. (for instance, I like Panasonic a lot)

On Fuji, my Viltroxes are fine with the new X-S20. But they are very active on firmware updates (albeit I think that could be one more for the 75mm 1.2, there is room for improvement)