GH4 4K w/FS700 and 3D VFX

jcs

We wanted to try compositing basic 3D VFX in the background with GH4 4K video (inspired by videogames I used to write). I used 3DS Max to create a simple scene with an alpha channel and tried to composite everything in Premiere Pro CC. Unfortunately, PPro (and AE) have issues with the 3DSMax alpha channel (not a premultiplied color issue) and the low levels of the alpha channel appear to get clipped, cutting off subtle glows, etc., making correct compositing impossible. So I moved the background plate into 3DS Max and rendered the 3D elements directly on top. I had originally planned for a much more complex 3D scene, including having objects come out of the background and go around her head, but the time spent trying to work around the compositing issue took too much time.

• 11 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes you can use compositing basic 3D VFX in the background. I am graphic designer and I have lots of experience about the 3D composition. I belong from New York and I am working in this field since last 3 years. You said  that the 3D compositing taking too much time. As you said about the motion background I was also looking for that same to create my 3D motion graphics in New York.