Lenses

Andrew Reid

6 hours ago, Thomas Hill said:

Thanks.  There was nothing interesting for me in the discounts, but I found something else I liked....  *sigh*

I thought I'd just have a quick look for 85mm lenses, and I found some Rokinon 85/1.4 lenses.  Then I couldn't remember what the killer lens was from @BTM_Pixs advertisments for alchoholism lens tests, and for the 85mm lineup it was.....

On 3/14/2019 at 1:18 AM, BTM_Pix said:

CONCLUSION ?

My own view is its not really worth pixel peeping between the Samyang 85mm f1.4 and Contax Zeiss 85mm f1.4 when they are as close as this.

The Samyang though.....bargain.

and the 24mm tests for a little triangulation....

On 3/17/2019 at 4:42 AM, BTM_Pix said:

CONCLUSION ?

Less contrast on the RPP makes it look a bit smoother but we again we are quite a fair way from night and day differences. 

The Samyang though.....bargain.

So this leads me to the question - is Rokinon 85/1.4 the same as Samyang 85/1.4?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't think I have posted this before, mainly because I look terrible in it. Several years ago I used the Tokina 28-70 and a SLR Magic anamorphot together and on a super35 sensor (Samsung NX1) and it worked. It gave a very pleasant look as well. I'm wondering if using the new SLR magic adapter would enable it's use on full frame. If so that would be a full frame anamorphic zoom for ~$2000.

11 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

I don't think I have posted this before, mainly because I look terrible in it. Several years ago I used the Tokina 28-70 and a SLR Magic anamorphot together and on a super35 sensor and it worked. It gave a very pleasant look as well. I'm wondering if using the new SLR magic adapter would enable it's use on full frame. If so that would be a full frame anamorphic zoom for ~$2000.

That looks great Geoff. I love the color of your videos/grabs. I tend to always try to add some kind of BS stylized grade although I prefer a natural “cinematic” look. What camera was that shot with?

1 hour ago, mercer said:

That looks great Geoff. I love the color of your videos/grabs. I tend to always try to add some kind of BS stylized grade although I prefer a natural “cinematic” look. What camera was that shot with?

Thanks, it was shot with the NX1. 

1 hour ago, homestar_kevin said:

That looks great! this is the SLR magic 2x or 1.33x? 

These are the ones with the 62mm rear thread? Any clamp or anything, or just a step down ring on the lens?

It was the 1.33x with a simple step down ring.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, Geoff CB said:

I don't think I have posted this before, mainly because I look terrible in it. Several years ago I used the Tokina 28-70 and a SLR Magic anamorphot together and on a super35 sensor (Samsung NX1) and it worked. It gave a very pleasant look as well. I'm wondering if using the new SLR magic adapter would enable it's use on full frame. If so that would be a full frame anamorphic zoom for ~$2000.

Love the colors and the lighting. Do you still need a single focus like a Rapido if you use an SLR Magic anamorphot?

27 minutes ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

One of my gripes with the OM to EF adapter is that it does not lock the OM lens into place, my lens is kind of loose on it, which bugs me when I try to adjust my aperture or when I take it off the camera. Focusing and zooming is not an issue though.

Yeah adapters aren’t as good as Edmika conversions. I’ve found that KF Concept is the best adapter for EF. But if you really like the lens, you may be able to find a permanent Leitax adapter for it.

1 hour ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

@mercer very, very nice work. Your compositions and awareness of natural light are really improving!

Thanks! Being a hobbyist, I don’t have a lot of time to practice, so unfortunately it’s been a slow path but it’s good to hear I’m going in the right direction.