Lenses - Sticky Topic

11 hours ago, kye said:

The K35 looks like it has more wide-angle distortion, almost like it is a wider lens that's closer to the subject, but that isn't the case.

Of the more affordable lenses around, what are the ones that stand out? and why?

While I think some of the FD L lenses are at ridiculous prices (24 1.4 especially) I till think it I a lovely lens and I wish I had kept my 50 1.2 L and that my 85 1.2 L did not have the dissolving bearing issue.     The 85 L can be had for (sort of) reasonable prices (be careful about the bearing problem).

I think most older lenses now should be looked at individually because you do not know how hard their "lives" have been or if they were even good copies to begin with.

Shot from my FD 24 1.4 L at 1.4 on my old A7s.

DSC09273.JPG

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got myself some new glass for Christmas. I do prefer native lenses but the Sigma Speedbooster combo works really well! Screengrabs from GH5 + Speedbooxter XL + Sigma 35/1.4 + Black Pro Mist 1/4. 

Just got a Voigtlander 40mm 1.2. Haven't had a chance to test in video yet. But DAMN

A few stills from a shoot last night all on the Pocket 4K XL and CZ 35mm 2.8. 

Posted Images