COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

2 minutes ago, Mokara said:

Oh...I see the great leader is now proclaiming that he knew it was going to be a pandemic all along.  Even after all the BS he has been spewing for the last week. Because, you know, he just MUST be right ALL of the time 🙄

Man, they need to get that clown out of there RIGHT NOW ☹️

Another political diarrhea post.  Why?  Who the cares ?   Be part of the solution or get out of the way. 

Your post about who you like or hate doesn't matter anymore.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Interestingly, the nations with the lowest numbers also took the biggest SARS hit in 2003.  Those countries didn't mess around, knew what's at stake, and they're practically a flat-line on the charts.

You are correct.  Look at Singapore and other countries.  They wear mask and practice social distancing all the time.  And I would guess the fast food and food service protect themselves and the customer with the same precautions.

This has never been discussed in the U.S. and needs to be addressed.  Good or bad that's what the world will look like when this is over.

2 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Another political diarrhea post.  Why?  Who the cares ?   Be part of the solution or get out of the way. 

That IS part of the solution, lol. In times of crisis you need competent leadership, not a showman.

3 hours ago, Super8 said:

You mean the hospitals that collapsed?  Keep loving China when they are the origin of this.  Do some research and then think.

Also, China isn't reporting real numbers now and have pulled back how much they're testing.

I don't think the previous 2 months of data support that graphic. 

No hospitals collapsed. What collapsed was a hotel that was being used for quarantine purposes.

Here's a news flash.  Why were infected with corona virus people from China flying all over the world before countries locked them out?  Italy, Japan and U.S. outbreaks happened because of this.  If this were Americans that did this the out cry would be none stop.

3 minutes ago, Mokara said:

No hospitals collapsed. What collapsed was a hotel that was being used for quarantine purposes.

Thanks for the clarification.

12 minutes ago, Super8 said:

And the good news is you're wrong like the last doom and gloom predictor from France.  China has 1.386 billion people and they have 198,091 cases and 7,961 deaths.  it took the U.S.3 months to get here.  China also has 108,403 active cases and 7,020 of those cases are serious or critical.  94% of the cases are mild.

Take the time to look at charts to see what numbers have increased, and what numbers from which countries have started to flatten out. 

Those numbers you are quoting are world wide, not for China.

20 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Another political diarrhea post.

Says a guy sitting on the toilet. 😉  I kid!  I kid!  Don't take that joke too seriously.  But it's kinda like the poop calling the other turd brown, you know? 

Speaking of jokes, less than a week ago people were making ha-ha's about the CDC, WHO, and COVID in right wing watering holes like the FNC.  Mocking the virus hand-wringing.  Somehow claiming it's a hoax.  This week it's suddenly incredibly serious and we all need to be part of the solution.  Not that I disagree with it being serious and all, but funny how rhetoric works.

Maybe COVID will shake loose a little bit of that nonsense and we'll give facts and science a bit more prestige?  Oh, for a silver-lining.

27 minutes ago, Super8 said:

It's not about hate, it's about wanting competent leadership during a global pandemic the likes of which most of us have never seen in our lifetimes. 

Our president is an idiot. If you can't get beyond your own politics and realize that then you're the one with the problem. 

It is literally, in the literal sense, impossible to deal with this in any meaningful way without addressing the idiot we have as a president. 

His incompetence has contributed to this mess here in the US, and he has been among the leading source of disinformation. His other awful qualities really aren't relevant (like the racism) but they certainly do not help. 

14 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Says a guy sitting on the toilet. 😉  I kid!  I kid!  Don't take that joke too seriously.  But it's kinda like the poop calling the other turd brown, you know? 

Speaking of jokes, less than a week ago people were making ha-ha's about the CDC, WHO, and COVID in right wing watering holes like the FNC.  Mocking the virus hand-wringing.  Somehow claiming it's a hoax.  This week it's suddenly incredibly serious and we all need to be part of the solution.  Not that I disagree with it being serious and all, but funny how rhetoric works.

Maybe COVID will shake loose a little bit of that nonsense and we'll give facts and science a bit more prestige?  Oh, for a silver-lining.

The hoax part was the fear that the left media was spreading about not doing enough.  The fear stirred up by the media was about how poorly and unprepared the GOP gov was. 

Fast forward less than a week and the GOP gov stepped up and locked everyone down.  The seriousness this week is about the lock down and preventing the spread.  The other worry is not knowing how long this will last.  The word is from that orange guy is we will be this way until August.

Not sure why you think either political side loves science more than the other.  One side says climate change isn't that they say and the other side destroys unborn fetus or baby. You can take which side of science you like but you might want to think before you spin that science thing around.   The CDC was unprepared for this and that tells you something. And that something was not under funding.

12 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

It's not about hate, it's about wanting competent leadership during a global pandemic the likes of which most of us have never seen in our lifetimes. 

Our president is an idiot. If you can't get beyond your own politics and realize that then you're the one with the problem. 

I'm not the one with the problem.  I shouted loud and clear that now was not the time to talk politics. 

1 minute ago, Super8 said:

The hoax part was the fear that the left media was spreading about not doing enough.  The fear stirred up by the media was about how poorly and unprepared the GOP gov was.

Yes, I agree that people were stirring up fear about how unprepared the GOP was because the POTUS was saying stuff that was stirring up fear about how unprepared the GOP was.

4 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Not sure why you think either political side loves science more than the other.

The evangelicals running the creation museum down the street flying their TRUMP 2020 flag would like to have a word.

10 minutes ago, Super8 said:

I shouted loud and clear that now was not the time to talk politics. 

"Not the time to talk politics" seems to happen often when the GOP is forced to pivot and adapt to reality. 

Anyway, I stand by my statement, even though I'm not practicing it at the moment, that hopefully the rhetoric will wind-down a bit and be tempered in the "new normal" in the aftermath of all this.

I need to read back a few pages but did I miss the part about "which mask" were the ones that protected us the most? or what other countries are actually doing to stop the spread.

I'm an American born and raised, I believe Jesus Christ died for our sins and I will vote for whoever I want.

2 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Yes, I agree that people were stirring up fear about how unprepared the GOP was because the POTUS was saying stuff that was stirring up fear about how unprepared the GOP was.

The evangelicals running the creation museum down the street flying their TRUMP 2020 flag would like to have a word.

"Not the time to talk politics" seems to happen often when the GOP is forced to pivot and adapt to reality. 

Anyway, I stand by my statement, even though I'm not practicing it at the moment, that hopefully the rhetoric will wind-down a bit and be tempered in the "new normal" in the aftermath of all this.

You left out this part:

"One side says climate change isn't that they say and the other side destroys unborn fetus or baby."

Science says a fetus is alive and one side tries to say it's not true.  Where's your science now?

5 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Not you really can't get politics out of your head.  I've been saying this since I posted on this thread.  This is a pantomimic and not time for politics about which side you like or who you dislike.

I's sad you just can't stop blaming the other side.  That side is the side you didn't vote for and the side you hate. That has nothing to do with me.

3 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

That's cool.  Free country so good for you!

Curious though, do you think evangelicals respect science as much as people that are not evangelicals?

Why do you call Christians, evangelicals?

15 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Why do you call Christians, evangelicals?

I'm calling evangelicals evangelicals because evangelicals are the ones running the creation museum down the street with the TRUMP 2020 flag flying in front of it, and you asked me why I thought a certain political side held science in a lesser esteem, so I offered you an example of evangelicals, who overwhelmingly support the figurehead of the GOP, as not accepting scientific evidence because they run a creation museum down the street.

And not that it matters much, but you should know my best firnd is an evangelical and we have these go-rounds about stuff all the time.  Usually ends about the same as it's going here too.

17 minutes ago, Super8 said:

This is a pantomimic and not time for politics about which side you like or who you dislike.

Shall we set aside an appropriate time that you're more comfortable with?  By all means, I don't want you to get upset trying to defend your opinions.  Let's mark the calendar to pick up the debate.  I'll bring the berets and white face paint.  Although, to be honest, it's going to be hard to debate if all we can do is express ourselves visually.