Black bars makes everything more "cinematic"

IronFilm

39 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Whatabout the 007 aspect ratio? Cinematic no matter what you're shooting:

VJe8v99.jpg

Interesting. I’ve tried this aspect ratio and found that it makes my footage so cinematic on my Canon Kiss M!  Better than Peter McKinnon!  And yes, I shoot in 30p because I luv it and not because canon removed 24fps :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Haha, I bet you'll enjoy this one too @kaylee

omg 😆 

its sooo funny cuz its true, ive p much done all that stuff at one time or another 😂

update: got one message only from sloogan floogan, confirming his existence. the plot thickens...

@Andrew Reid + @BTM_Pix any chance you all can meetup for the vlog with sloog...? id like a long form thing: spend like 20 min having curry, 20 min doing some nonsense and 3 min shooting. im getting into vloggers now i just discovered adam the woo

• Super Members
1 hour ago, kaylee said:

@Andrew Reid + @BTM_Pix any chance you all can meetup for the vlog with sloog...? id like a long form thing: spend like 20 min having curry, 20 min doing some nonsense and 3 min shooting. 

Well we are meeting up again (in a different country) later this month but considering our last escapade involved forgetting to bring lens adapters, cables, doing deep focus shots with a lens adapter that didn't focus to infinity on the only lens that was common to all cameras we were supposed to be comparing and only having a tripod that would struggle with the weight of a postage stamp then three minutes of shooting is quite optimistic.

As I've just managed to pick him up his very own Contax Zeiss 35-70mm that I will be handing over to him (so I can stop him using mine) then it might well become an homage to that lens.

Although I wouldn't rule out me forgetting to bring both of them.