Bozzie

Olympus M5 Mark ii Cinematic // Color Grade

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I like it. Good job!

Actually, with your fondness for the forgotten cameras of yesterday, I think you may really like the E-M5 Mark II. It has the best IBIS I’ve ever used and a nice organic look and color.

How did you like the files? If I remember correctly, this footage was recorded externally to a BMVA, so the ProRes files may be a little juicier than the in camera All-I files.

10 hours ago, mercer said:

I like it. Good job!

Actually, with your fondness for the forgotten cameras of yesterday, I think you may really like the E-M5 Mark II. It has the best IBIS I’ve ever used and a nice organic look and color.

How did you like the files? If I remember correctly, this footage was recorded externally to a BMVA, so the ProRes files may be a little juicier than the in camera All-I files.

Thanks, @mercer.

I always feel like people are way too concerned with tech/spec and the next "game ganger" camera. So I guess in some way I'm trying to say the older cameras can still produce quality images without the need to constantly upgrade. In my mind, the camera is just a tool. It's more a case of honing ones craft.

I'd probably like the E-M5 purely for the IBIS but would never get one. I'm happy with my original pocket camera and gh2. However, the only other camera that would be in my radar if I decided to upgrade further down the line would be the P4K.

I believe the externals were recorded in Prores 422 HQ which is overkill for my liking (the file above was around 460mbs). Might as well shoot RAW 😂

-- B

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Bozzie
      DJI Mavic Pro 2 D-LOG Cinematic Color Grade (4K). Grade based on my own LUT with some contrast and highlight mods. Overall, pretty impressed with the image quality. Holds up well to heavy color grading. Kudos to filmmaker @Emmanuel Pampuri for capturing these cinematic shots. 

• By Bozzie
      Panasonic GH2 + Flowmotion V2.02 Hack. Color Graded to taste. Download my BozGH2Pana_GT Film LUT for Panasonic GH2 Cameras HERE: https://bulentozdemirfilms.wordpress.com/downloads/bozgh2pana-gt-film-lut/
      Music: Ross Bugden - Dawn

• By Bozzie
      Shot on a Canon EOS M (Mk1) with my BOZ FLAT_V1 Picture Profile for Canon DSLR Cameras. Download HERE: https://bulentozdemirfilms.wordpress.com/downloads/boz-flat_v1-canon-picture-style/
      Starring: Selen Adem
      *** Strong Language ***

• By Bozzie
      Recently created a new (one-off) LUT for the Panasonic GH2 because like me, I know there are people out there who still use (or would love to get back into using) this soon to be forgotten gem of a camera for video. Though it's not free, it's still cheaper than a Golden Arches Meal and worth checking out the page even if it's just out of curiosity. Thank you.
      Download Page: https://bulentozdemirfilms.wordpress.com/downloads/bozgh2pana-gt-film-lut/

• By Jacobsanmartin
      Ok so I've been using cineplus cinema picture style along side ive Lotus picture style both being a Kodak vision2 kind of in camera grade. I usually tweak them a bit in post but for the most part they are very good and quite cheap honestly but that's not what I wanted to talk about. What do you guys think about grading footage to look like 35 or 16mm film? I'm not talking necessarily "the film look" but I mean making footage actually look as if it was shot on film. What techniques do you use? Any type of workflow/grains you recommend? Is it overrated to go for this look and how often do you do this kind of grade?