Jump to content

Tilly Finnilly | Wildlife Mockumentary


Bozzie
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Haha, when she fell I almost pissed myself. Good stuff, Boz. I love how you are using these cameras from yesteryear in your films... very inspiring!!!

I am going to mess around with my eos-m next week. Did you use ML with this short? I want to experiment with the 3x Bitrate and Crop mode. Your profile looks great. So expect a donation. Have you compared your profile to others like Cinestyle or Marvels? I always used Prolost Flat in the past and found it pretty good, so since your profile is based on that but takes it further is very intriguing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2018 at 5:54 PM, mercer said:

Haha, when she fell I almost pissed myself. Good stuff, Boz. I love how you are using these cameras from yesteryear in your films... very inspiring!!!

I am going to mess around with my eos-m next week. Did you use ML with this short? I want to experiment with the 3x Bitrate and Crop mode. Your profile looks great. So expect a donation. Have you compared your profile to others like Cinestyle or Marvels? I always used Prolost Flat in the past and found it pretty good, so since your profile is based on that but takes it further is very intriguing.

Sorry for the late reply. Been out of town! Yeah, laughed my ass off too when she hit the ground :D. Thanks, bud. These little cams have got so much to offer that it's a shame they're discarded like some kind of antique relic from the past. I personally find them more enjoyable and more satisfying to use 

Yep, I used Magic Lantern. My personal setting is 1.3x bitrate. I've found this is to be the best balance between image quality/file sizes for my needs. I don't see the point in creating big file sizes for minimal difference in quality (especially if uploading to YT, Vimeo etc). 

My profile isn't intended to be compared with Cinestyle or Marvel. For me it was more of a case of trying to create something like a -6 contrast option with a smoother transition between shadows and highlights. Pushing the 8bit codec in these Canons just produces muddy/noises images that I personally think is not very pleasing to look at.

You'll def see the difference between Prolost and my profile. It's def worth checking out if you're looking for a little more wiggle room in your image.

-- B

On 27/04/2018 at 3:27 AM, jbCinC_12 said:

Looks good, and on an eos-m.  'scuse my asking, what lens used?

Thanks. I used a Carl Zeiss 25mm prime lens. Ask away, man. I have nothing to hide!

-- B

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bozzie said:

Sorry for the late reply. Been out of town! Yeah, laughed my ass off too when she hit the ground :D. Thanks, bud. These little cams have got so much to offer that it's a shame they're discarded like some kind of antique relic from the past. I personally find them more enjoyable and more satisfying to use 

Yep, I used Magic Lantern. My personal setting is 1.3x bitrate. I've found this is to be the best balance between image quality/file sizes for my needs. I don't see the point in creating big file sizes for minimal difference in quality (especially if uploading to YT, Vimeo etc). 

My profile isn't intended to be compared with Cinestyle or Marvel. For me it was more of a case of trying to create something like a -6 contrast option with a smoother transition between shadows and highlights. Pushing the 8bit codec in these Canons just produces muddy/noises images that I personally think is not very pleasing to look at.

You'll def see the difference between Prolost and my profile. It's def worth checking out if you're looking for a little more wiggle room in your image.

-- B

Thanks. I used a Carl Zeiss 25mm prime lens. Ask away, man. I have nothing to hide!

-- B

She popped right up like a trooper and didn’t miss a beat though... good on her!

So, I assume I have to load the picture profile before I change the firmware to ML, right? I used ML on the EOS-M years ago to test Raw, but wasn’t a fan of it on that camera. The bitrate hike may be perfect though. I think the EOS-M already had a slightly higher bitrate than the other Canon cameras of its time, anyway.

Yeah, I’m really just looking for a little more wiggle room. The grades on your website show you can do a lot with it... more than enough. Cinestyle is a bit much, but I always liked Marvels. Definitely looking forward to testing them yours and Marvels... if my stupid job would slow down for a few minutes.

Was that the C-Mount Tevidon 25mm or the M42 25mm? Either way, wicked look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mercer said:

She popped right up like a trooper and didn’t miss a beat though... good on her!

So, I assume I have to load the picture profile before I change the firmware to ML, right? I used ML on the EOS-M years ago to test Raw, but wasn’t a fan of it on that camera. The bitrate hike may be perfect though. I think the EOS-M already had a slightly higher bitrate than the other Canon cameras of its time, anyway.

Yeah, I’m really just looking for a little more wiggle room. The grades on your website show you can do a lot with it... more than enough. Cinestyle is a bit much, but I always liked Marvels. Definitely looking forward to testing them yours and Marvels... if my stupid job would slow down for a few minutes.

Was that the C-Mount Tevidon 25mm or the M42 25mm? Either way, wicked look. 

That's my Niece for you. She laughed and got on with it!

You can install the picture profile with or without ML installed (ML was installed on mine).

Those grades were pretty testing too -- I personally didn't see any noticeable reduction to image quality. Test away, man :)

Nikon F Mount Carl Zeiss 25mm :thumbsup:

-- B

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...