Kinefinity Terra 4k has landed

Raafi Rivero

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, maxmizer said:

My personal opinion: It does not seem so cheap to be 1.86 m4/3 crop!!!

https://www.apple.com/us_smb_78313/shop/product/HK8Q2ZM/A/red-raven-camera-kit-final-cut-pro-x

Is this cheap?!

And x1.86 isn't so drastically far off from S35, especially not if used with the KineEnhancer:

http://www.kinefinity.com/shop/k2ef-active_en/?lang=en

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Philip Bloom will be at BSC Expo:

https://www.proav.co.uk/news/bsc-expo-come-visit-us/

Kinefinity_EmailBanner.jpg.37026b4e1bca4b911c6406295cfd0d42.jpg

So they paid PB to rep for them... I think his opinion will be biased at this point. Too bad, I wanted to hear is honest thoughts. Oh, I’m sure he will say that he is nonetheless giving an unbiased report... but we know better. You don’t piss all over the people paying your bills.

59 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well, you could also say you don’t risk your reputation endorsing a bad product?

And he would have known it was a bad product before he took their money? However you want to see it, once you take pay for a review your opinions are no longer objective. 

I can’t speak for Philip Bloom’s personal and professional ethics. I don’t know the man. He seems fairly honest with his reviews.

I do know he received the camera about a month ago. And although I don’t know the details of his upcoming appearance at this trade show, I’d prefer to assume the best than the worst.

And at this point there’s no indication to assume otherwise. Just my opinion. 

54 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Who says anywhere that he is getting paid for a review???! That is an awfully large leap to jump to. 

Well they state in the article that he will be appearing at their stand to answer customer questions and share his experience from using their camera... so he is either doing this out of charity or he’s getting something in return. One would naturally assume the latter, as Kinefinity is not a nonprofit organization. 

Really people, it’s not that far of a reach. I doubt many here can honestly say they would spend all day working as an unpaid rep for any “for-profit” company. Why would they? Hey I like Canon, Panasonic, Sony and many more, and I would happily check out their stand at whatever show... but I’m not working there for free. I sincerely doubt Mr.Bloom would either.

He’s probably charging them for use of his name and image in the promotional material also. 

Do the math.

3 hours ago, DBounce said:

Well they state in the article that he will be appearing at their stand to answer customer questions and share his experience from using their camera... so he is either doing this out of charity or he’s getting something in return. One would naturally assume the latter, as Kinefinity is not a nonprofit organization. 

Really people, it’s not that far of a reach. I doubt many here can honestly say they would spend all day working as an unpaid rep for any “for-profit” company. Why would they? Hey I like Canon, Panasonic, Sony and many more, and I would happily check out their stand at whatever show... but I’m not working there for free. I sincerely doubt Mr.Bloom would either.

He’s probably charging them for use of his name and image in the promotional material also. 

Do the math.

I wasn’t disputing that he was getting compensated for his time... I’m disputing that his review cannot be trusted due to his appearance. That becomes a question of his character.

Under your rules of trusted sources, how could you even trust any positive post about the GH5/GH5s by Neumann Films?

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

I wasn’t disputing that he was getting compensated for his time... I’m disputing that his review cannot be trusted due to his appearance. That becomes a question of his character.

Under your rules of trusted sources, how could you even trust any positive post about the GH5/GH5s by Neumann Films?

You make a valid point. But then again, as a current GH5 owner, I already know and trust Panasonic. The same can be said for most of the major manufacturers out there. So when I watch a work by someone such as @Neumann Films it's not so much about... is Panasonic a trustworthy manufacturer? Or, are their product reliable? It's more about the footage. And I believe in these cases the footage alone can speaks for itself. 

We no doubt disagree on this point. But for myself, before parting with several thousands of dollars I need to be convinced that it is cash well spent. I need to know that the product will be reliable and that the company is here to stay, and will stand behind their products. Any service issues must be handled promptly. I'm not staying that this will not be the case with Kinefinity... I'm simply saying, I do not know. 

If this was a camera I could buy stateside, from one of the major retailer, I would be more adventurous. But buying from a Chinese company and hoping for the best is not really my thing. I could be wrong, but I suspect many here feel as I do. Deny it all you like. But until Kinefinity can convince people such as myself, that have the cash to do business, but choose not to, because of these uncertainties, they will remain nothing more than an interesting oddity.

3 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

So you're saying only gigantic companies get the benefit of the doubt? And the smaller ones get looked down at because.... they're small?

No, I'm saying that gigantic companies have built their reputations over time, and are now in a position where the user base has learned to trust their products. I know you understand what I mean, so why act like this is a new concept?

I really don't think Philip Bloom ought to endorse Any product at all. Test them, tell it like it is, and don't take money doing it. Anytime money is involved it is easy to get the results they want you to get ,maybe not the truth.

Now if he needs money go out and shoot for a living and give up reviews. Pretty simple concept.  I just don't think a person ought to do both for money. And he Ain't doing this Kinefinity just for the hell of it. He is getting gear, or money, or both.

28 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

It just seems strange you'd take Philip Bloom at face value when he makes a statement about say the GH5S, but you won't if he says the same about the Terra 4K

Very unequal! He is still the same person.

Nothing unequal at all. I do not need PB to answer my questions regarding reliability, customer service, and company stability as relates to Panasonic. Panasonic has been in business since 1918... they have a market cap of $33 billion. I can take heart in the knowledge that they are no flybynight operation. So all I really need to look at is footage, and make my decision from there. 

Better still PB did not get the GH5s from Panasonic, it was loaned to him by Wex Photo. So not loyalty needed to Panasonic.

Kinefinity on the other hand likely paid PB, and thus requires closer scrutiny, especially since they have no reputation to speak of. 

I can see that perhaps some of you simply do not understand, or are unwilling to acknowledge what I am saying. If major retailers will not carry their product there must be a reason. Until they can get their act together and have stateside support that does not involve shipping units back to China, I will remain skeptical. 

@IronFilm I’ve seen you kicking this one around for sometime... did you buy one? If not why? I suspect you are just like me... curious, but skeptical. 

Yeah if B&H doesn't handle something probably not a good thing to buy it. I don't buy much new high dollar wise from B&H. I just can't afford high end stuff new. And every time they have some crazy ass deal like they had on the Canon C100 I seem to never have the money, or find out about it too late. :grimace:

18 minutes ago, DBounce said:

@IronFilm I’ve seen you kicking this one around for sometime... did you buy one? If not why? I suspect you are just like me... curious, but skeptical. 

Not anywhere near as skeptical as you I'd say! ;-) And much more curious. 

But with now my focus instead on sound for the last few years, I highly doubt I'll be making a big camera purchase any time soon.

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah if B&H doesn't handle something probably not a good thing to buy it.

B&H doesn't seem Zaxcom or Sonosax.... must not be any good?