Wedding videography advice

Jimmy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
52 minutes ago, kye said:

@Jimmy that setup looks quite neat and compact, nice work!

Thanks! though I will say that when trying to move the wing over it's full length, you need to put one hand on the tripod to fully steady it , when the tripod is at it's full size (still totally usable).... With the 90mm attached, this is even more pronounced. As I have it in the photo though, perfectly stable, leaving both hands to get even more smoothness

51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Thanks! though I will say that when trying to move the wing over it's full length, you need to put one hand on the tripod to fully steady it , when the tripod is at it's full size (still totally usable).... With the 90mm attached, this is even more pronounced. As I have it in the photo though, perfectly stable, leaving both hands to get even more smoothness

Could you perhaps put something on one of the tripod feet that you can stand on and it would secure that leg of the tripod to the ground and prevent it from moving or tipping up?

I'm not sure what that would be called, but its the same principle as putting sand-bags on the legs of big lighting stands to make sure they don't fall over.

Then you'd be free to use the slider with both hands.

The main reason why most don't bring extra wheights or sandbags to a wedding to secure tripods is that it's just another thing to drag around all day, it's hard enough to keep up with everything that is going on, with slider shots you place your camera, make a quick sliding shot and move on and then it's much easier just to hold down the tripod yourself.

5 minutes ago, dantheman said:

The main reason why most don't bring extra wheights or sandbags to a wedding to secure tripods is that it's just another thing to drag around all day, it's hard enough to keep up with everything that is going on, with slider shots you place your camera, make a quick sliding shot and move on and then it's much easier just to hold down the tripod yourself.

Now I am getting used to doing the slide with one hand... I think I could easily use that setup at a wedding. I've realised that if I have the wing pointing parallel to one of the legs, it adds stability. I'll mainly be using the bigger manfrotto tripod though, but this is doable.

17 minutes ago, dantheman said:

I use their slider one with a flex tilt head because it's so small that it fits in my backpack, the travel length is shorter but good enough for my needs.

Now this thread made me look at the compact sliders by Edelkrone lol. What do you think about the SliderOne vs SliderOne Pro? I never bothered with sliders since they look so bulky but now thinking of buying one. Is the pro worth more than the original?

One extra little thing about the wing... Due to the engineering of it, you can't really slide the full 40cm as the pressure gets too much at the start/end.... but.... for the same reason... you get a natural ease in ease out on your slide. It's like an accidental feature and really cool.

1 hour ago, kye said:

Could you perhaps put something on one of the tripod feet that you can stand on and it would secure that leg of the tripod to the ground and prevent it from moving or tipping up?

I'm not sure what that would be called, but its the same principle as putting sand-bags on the legs of big lighting stands to make sure they don't fall over.

Then you'd be free to use the slider with both hands.

Just carry an Anvil around with you LoL.

22 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Is the pro worth more than the original?

Only if you need controlled motion, in my case it's not worth the extra cost, I only use it for a few slides troughout the weddingday and then it's just fine to manually move the slider.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'll just hang my 6 pack of "work" beer on it

That only works in the beginning of the day. :)

25 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Only if you need controlled motion, in my case it's not worth the extra cost, I only use it for a few slides troughout the weddingday and then it's just fine to manually move the slider.

Yeah looks like the manual one is better for the price. Thanks you for the tip!

• 1 month later...

While it can sometimes be cost-effective to take on wedding videographer work yourself, it’s often best left to the professionals. The difficulty you’ll find in taking on wedding videography work without much experience is that you won’t be able to afford the best equipment in terms of both the camera and the editing software. You’ll have to settle for second best and alternative options that don’t hold the same value.

Before trying to take on this task, make sure you speak directly with a company that has decades of experience. Video Gems, for example, is a local wedding videographer in Toronto. Their team has completed many events for couples using top-level equipment and editing systems. They can guide you regarding the cost of the service and the considerations to make when choosing videography options. To discover more, call their team now.

9 hours ago, Video Gems Productions said:

Before trying to take on this task, make sure you speak directly with a company that has decades of experience. Video Gems, for example, is a local wedding videographer in Toronto. Their team has completed many events for couples using top-level equipment and editing systems. They can guide you regarding the cost of the service and the considerations to make when choosing videography options. To discover more, call their team now.

Sounds kinda spammy coming from @Video Gems Productions in the 3rd person??

• 8 months later...