Sony A6500 movie and photo samples are coming in

Cubanito

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, Olympus doesn't have sucky colors, just a bit boring ones, but hey, it's a solid base to work with. Fuji might be a little edgier. Wish Sony would just deliver a camera somewhere in between a E-M1 Mark II, Fujifilm X-T2, Samsung NX1... like maybe even in an A7-body, but with APS-C. The body doesn't determine the system's compactness anyways. It's mainly the sensor size and the native availlable lenses. Which also sucks with Sony, so I don't know why they're so determined not to move a couple of mm on body size to get these hot issues out of the way? Honestly would be in the market for a serious APS-C/S35 shooter. But only if it would be close to the features and reliability of the Olympus E-M1 Mark II. So... the Fuji kinda misses a vari-angle touchscreen and sensor stabilization... the A6500 comes close on paper, is off by miles in the real world. So, I'm forced to stick with M43. Not that that's so bad... especially now the line-up of bodies and lenses gets more interesting! But still, the sensor... David VS Goliath. Dynamic range, color accuracy, noise performance, you can learn to work around the limitations... but you know, of course it would be nice not having to. ;)

On 26 November 2016 at 7:21 AM, JurijTurnsek said:

Sony really needs to come up with a substantial touchscreen FW update - it works nice on a5100 and previous models, so they have no reason not to make it work as it should.

Probably a good idea to wait for the 1.1 version with Sony products, to actually assess their capabilities fully. The downside of offering so many features.

Cinema5D continues with the moaning rhetoric, yet disqualifies all PRO complainers with the official Sony statistic:

Sony-official-target-user-640x360.jpg

Working professionals are 16% of all buyers for the a6300 - sales are after volume and PROs are still a minority. The statistics for a6000 would probably show an even smaller percentage of PRO users.

https://***URL not allowed***/sony-a6500-review-real-world-video-samples-first-impressions/

• Administrators

It always feels like their reviews are a greater service to Johnnie's ties with Sony than to their readers. Johnnie goes to Japan. Johnnie gets into feedback session. Johnnie gets a loan camera. Johnnie is the oracle to consult if Sony want advice. Johnnie is holding camera and looking serious in every review shot. Johnnie is documentary filmmaker. Johnnie with his bumbag on being PRO. Johnnie writing boring piece of shit review that looks like it took 12 minutes, that didn't tell me anything whatsoever that I didn't already know, that nevertheless everyone reads as it turns up on SonyAlphaRumors due to special friendship between two hacks.

On 25/11/2016 at 5:53 PM, Cubanito said:

I've got mine yesterday, but no time to test yet. Much better to hold than the a6000.

There is a new one at TheCameraStoreTV:

That's more like it.

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It always feels like their reviews are a greater service to Johnnie's ties with Sony than to their readers. Johnnie goes to Japan. Johnnie gets into feedback session. Johnnie gets a loan camera. Johnnie is the oracle to consult if Sony want advice. Johnnie is holding camera and looking serious in every review shot. Johnnie is documentary filmmaker. Johnnie with his bumbag on being PRO. Johnnie writing boring piece of shit review that looks like it took 12 minutes, that didn't tell me anything whatsoever that I didn't already know, that nevertheless everyone reads as it turns up on SonyAlphaRumors due to special friendship between two hacks.

That's more like it.

I see your point, but conversely Johnnie makes a film with most of the cameras he reviews, and his reviews are anecdotal based on his experience while making the film. I come here for technical knowledge, but occasionally go there to see a finished film with very specific cameras. Hell, I bought the EOS-M10 for $200 because I wanted to use your Canon profiles and because I saw his real world use of the M10. So, it's all symbiotic.

5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

That's more like it.

I take all of their 'reviews' with a huge pinch of salt. Fortunately for them, people forget months later that they failed to tell us about all the problems that since came to the surface with an individual product because they have 'reviewed' another twenty cameras by then. Jason Lanier is much the same in terms of shamelessly blushing over Sony products but at least he showcases some fantastic work, whereas I have never seen anything remotely impressive produced by TCSG. I guess that the former is an artist and the latter are sellers of cameras.

10 hours ago, Davey said:

I take all of their 'reviews' with a huge pinch of salt. Fortunately for them, people forget months later that they failed to tell us about all the problems that since came to the surface with an individual product because they have 'reviewed' another twenty cameras by then. Jason Lanier is much the same in terms of shamelessly blushing over Sony products but at least he showcases some fantastic work, whereas I have never seen anything remotely impressive produced by TCSG. I guess that the former is an artist and the latter are sellers of cameras.

TCSTV has just begun by adding a segment called Wooden Niccolls to their reviews, which should give viewers a chance to see how cameras hold up in real world shooting, for lack of a better world. 

Panasonic and Samsung does it, I shoot with NX500 (and NX1) in the hottest day of this summer, and astonishigly managed to cope perfectly well.

Maybe Canon doesn't seem very exciting, but they really work, and whatever they do they do it right.

The problem isn't the a6500 so much,but the very mediocre(uninteresting, not well thought) a6300 in between. 

A6300 is - body only- 1300€ right now, a6500 doesn't have a price yet, and one of my business partners bought a6300 a week before the a6500 announcement for 1500$(body) while he got the a6000 few months before the out of the blue a6300 release (while rumors were talking about a7000 with IBIS, touch screen, double card slots, etc).

He doesn't admit it, but he isn't very happy!

3 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Maybe Canon doesn't seem very exciting, but they really work, and whatever they do they do it right.

Yes... they work... except that they didn't update their APS-C sensor for years and even now it's only on par with the M43 sensors... and also their HD video quality still sucks. So yeh they got everything with their cameras right except those two little things. Oh and also their APS-C lens lineup is still lacking despite all the sales of their APS-C and Super 35 cinema cameras. But yeh other than that, they're great!

X@inazuma the M goes the right direction for the very first time, and sales show that Canon must do somethings right. Also, I was refering to the whole Canon range, and the C100 must be the best selling camera of its class. The 80D also, 6D e.t.c Maybe people want less features, but consistent performance. I do not know, as I am spoiled with my NX set of 3 cameras, lenses and accessories.

Back on topic, I am not really sure the a6300/6500 series is for, definitely lacks important features for pro (ergonomics, battery life-which the reviews say is worst in a6500, other well documented issues ); the bodies and really good lenses are very expensive (I live in Europe) for amateurs, and hobbyists market is shrinking by the day.

Even dpr is critical to the Sony for the very first time, like, ever!

Nikon and Fuji squeeze better image quality from the same Sony sensors, everyone has better touch screen (and) user interface (Sony is making phones since ever, do remember) and m4/3 cameras have more features, that work.

As of the lenses situation, I am not impressed with the Sony APS-C line up either. Samsung has a few holes (especially in the long tele) but overal is a complete system (excellent 16-150 S lenses 2(!)-2.8f, fish eye, amazing 45+85mm portrait lenses, etc), Fuji has the most APS-C lenses in the market (I think they only lack a fisheye) and Pana/Olympus unlimited options, from very cheap to very expensive.