Fuji GFX 100 II official launch

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

https://www.newsshooter.com/2023/09/12/fujifilm-announces-gfx100-ii-large-format-mirrorless-digital-camera/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fujifilm-announces-gfx100-ii-large-format-mirrorless-digital-camera

I am impressed

Aggressive pricing for what it is too.

Perhaps the best mirrorless camera ever made, from a technical standpoint.

Also you don't need the expensive medium format glass...

A lot of full frame SLR stuff adapts just fine, although still trying to find out if there are crop modes in video this time... Full frame crop mode would be handy as would S35. It has the spare res!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
43 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2023/09/12/fujifilm-announces-gfx100-ii-large-format-mirrorless-digital-camera/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fujifilm-announces-gfx100-ii-large-format-mirrorless-digital-camera

I am impressed

Aggressive pricing for what it is too.

Perhaps the best mirrorless camera ever made, from a technical standpoint.

Also you don't need the expensive medium format glass...

A lot of full frame SLR stuff adapts just fine, although still trying to find out if there are crop modes in video this time... Full frame crop mode would be handy as would S35. It has the spare res!!

Any examples on the FF glass that covers the sensor well? I had never heard that. As crazy as it sounds putting these on something like this I can't help wonder if my Tamron 70-200 VC or 28-75 would be workable! Not that I can afford this.

The tilting viewfinder looks like my dream. 8 stops IBIS sounds cool, especially if Fuji's previous stepping woes on the stabe movement are improved. Anything on 120fps modes?

Ah, a money no object camera.

X2D for me.

If I could justify it, with a set of the 3 newest primes.

But that is around a 22.5k investment 🤔😏🤨

A mint used GFX100S looks good value now…

I’m still sitting on my S2H/S2R fence and seeing how that plays out, but at some point soon (within 6 months max) I will be dropping some dough on something to take me through the next 3+ years…

I just want that the newest stuff (anamorphic modes, waveforms / vectorscope, Reala film sim, AND FINALLY general tracking for video) would trickle down for the X cameras with the same X-Processor 5.

But since Kaizen is dead, I guess that Fujifilm will play the old segmentation game.

Waveforms / vectorscope I guess that could arrive at the X-H2s. Anamorphic modes too, but I did not looked at the resolutions needed.

Reala...as far as I remember, Fuji is not updating the film simulations in the cameras.

But general video tracking, would be idiotic not to trickle down to all the newer X cameras. Have hopes to get it in my X-S20 - since is one of the few things that I miss in that camera - but...I bet not.

Watched a few reviews, looks good.

I like the design, that angled back top and the finish.

But bloody hell, 8000+ euros in France... Without lenses... 

Primes = 2 bodies for me, or single body = zoom and the only one that would work for me is the 45-100 f4, but it's massive and heavy and slow.

Nah... sadly not. MF has to remain a bit of a pipe dream for me, so my career peaks at full-frame.

It does look REALLY nice though 😝

• Administrators
23 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Ah, a money no object camera.

X2D for me.

If I could justify it, with a set of the 3 newest primes.

But that is around a 22.5k investment 🤔😏🤨

A mint used GFX100S looks good value now…

I’m still sitting on my S2H/S2R fence and seeing how that plays out, but at some point soon (within 6 months max) I will be dropping some dough on something to take me through the next 3+ years…

X2D is a bit rubbish though isn't it for the price?

It doesn't have a proper shutter and doesn't even shoot video, not even 480p

GFX100 original gangster (is that the phrase kids use now?) is the one to get used as that will soon be under £2.5k

I was never keen on the GFX100S, it didn't do it for me.

By the looks of it the GFX100 II makes a very good full frame camera as well, with all those crop modes in DCI 4K and 5.8K, plus anamorphic modes too.

It is about time we finally had a Fuji full frame mirrorless cam.

• Administrators
On 9/12/2023 at 12:09 PM, dgvro said:

Any examples on the FF glass that covers the sensor well? I had never heard that. As crazy as it sounds putting these on something like this I can't help wonder if my Tamron 70-200 VC or 28-75 would be workable! Not that I can afford this.

The tilting viewfinder looks like my dream. 8 stops IBIS sounds cool, especially if Fuji's previous stepping woes on the stabe movement are improved. Anything on 120fps modes?

This is the blog that got me started on my GFX 100 lens adventures.

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2017/08/16/minolta-x-fujifilm/

I have tried a ton of stuff and nearly all of it is more interesting looking on GFX vs FF, but it depends how much you value clinical perfection, light fall off in the corners and corner sharpness for landscape shooting. If you value all that then best to stick with the GFX stuff or crop a bit, or put some vintage medium format glass on it.

Hopefully AF is improved as that was the only thing on the GFX 100 you could consider let it down.

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Even better stills than the GFX100 but yeah, anyone who tries shooting video on one will be in for a shock 🤭

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

GFX100 original gangster (is that the phrase kids use now?) is the one to get used as that will soon be under £2.5k

MPB had one t’other week for I think about 4k?

I was tempted to smash that buy button right then and there…but I know I would have regretted it as my days of big units are done. Done I tell ya!

On 9/13/2023 at 3:07 PM, Andrew Reid said:

I was never keen on the GFX100S, it didn't do it for me.

By the looks of it the GFX100 II makes a very good full frame camera as well, with all those crop modes in DCI 4K and 5.8K, plus anamorphic modes too.

It is about time we finally had a Fuji full frame mirrorless cam.

Hasselblad has the advantage of use of central shutters in each lens, so you can flash sync normally at all speeds (Fuji is limited to 1/125s and slower, which is very slow). For daylight + flash shoots this is very useful, one can use much smaller flashes to balance with bright daylight. The Hasselblad is also very well-designed ergonomically and compact with some of the lenses being quite small.

Fuji has focus drift:

https://blog.kasson.com/gfx-100s/focus-drift-with-the-110-2-gf-on-the-fujifilm-gfx-100s/

https://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/fujifilm-gfx-af-accuracy/