Welcome to the newly re-launched EOSHD

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
EOSHD

EOSHD has a fresh look to both the blog and forum. Both are now responsive layouts with the latest source code and web technology. Now EOSHD comes to you faster and easier to use than ever before.

More features will be added in the coming days and one I am especially looking forward to rolling out is EOSHD Soundtrack Compositions. This is the start of a long project but right out of the blocks I am impressed with the quality of music we'll be providing to filmmakers through it.

So this is a new era for EOSHD and a new site design, please do let me know what you think of it on the forum and I will answer any questions you have about the new layout there.

If you spot anything you think isn't working properly or could do with tidying up, do let me know!

What's next this week on EOSHD

1. The final conclusion and part 2 of my Sony A7S review is almost done so look out for it.

2. I have been shooting with the Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM ART lens and it is very interesting to compare the performance to my Cooke S4i Mini 50mm T2.8 PL mount cinema lens. One is a $999 photographic lens and one a $8000 cinema lens. The mighty Sigma will also go up against the lenses I love because of character first and foremost rather than outright performance - the Canon 50mm F1.2L and Leica-R Summilux 50mm F1.4. What's the best high end 50 you can get? Find out soon on EOSHD.

3. Photokina 2014 preview, ahead of the show the following week. Every year the largest consumer photographic show comes round and I'll be in Cologne, Germany from the 16th to cover the show first hand and see what's new. There's plenty of video related action at Photokina (the last one saw the debut of the GH3). Canon have all their Cinema EOS offerings at the show. Will there be anything new from them? Sony will certainly have their new F series cinema camera at the show and I can't way to try it out. I'll be interviewing Sony's Bill Drummond at the show about their Alpha stills cameras, such as the A7S. Lot's to look forward to and do come along and say hello!

4. SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 review. What's the latest wide angle for Micro Four Thirds like? My full review is in the works and will be ready soon.

5. Metabones Speed Booster ULTRA and Micro Four Thirds EF Speed Booster reviews.

And finally...

Thanks for reading EOSHD and for just being interested! By being passionate and interested in what we love to do over the long term, we improve the quality of what we do.

It is a very interesting time to be a filmmaker in terms of the cameras and if there's any direction you'd prefer to see EOSHD move towards in the coming months do have your say on the forum.

Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest 5fc631bd86cd94e4321fb85743547c71

Nice but can we remove or shrink the banner from the forum? It takes up an amazing amount of space.

Yes we can, good suggestion. I'll be making some tweaks as the days pass by, I just had to really slog to get it working at all. Been burning the midnight oil on it for a while now! I have done it all myself, rather than outsource it to a programmer.

Guest 5fc631bd86cd94e4321fb85743547c71

Looks really nice!!!!!!

Thank you.

General note to users:

If anyone has any problems with colours, etc. please politely say so here without throwing rocks at me, and it would be really helpful to go into detail... for example the kind of browser you're using, screen resolution and stuff like that!

The main blog colour scheme should display like this -

eoshd-2014-design.jpg

The forum side of things looks familiar enough to the old one, and no doubt the eyes will get used to the new look in no time.

But on the blog side the new look is a clear step backwards. The reversed white text on black background is quite straining for the eyes. Therefore without the Reader button in the Safari browser, the blog posts would remain unread by many people, including me. At least on the regular computer and screen. I do wish the layout of the blog was the same black text on white background as it was until yesterday, and as it is over here.

That's my only negative feedback. The reversed layout is not just a matter of taste, it's quite a practical issue for many. 

eoshd-logo.gif

EOSHD has a fresh look to both the blog and forum. Both are now responsive layouts with the latest source code and web technology. Now EOSHD comes to you faster and easier to use than ever before.

More features will be added in the coming days and one I am especially looking forward to rolling out is EOSHD Soundtrack Compositions. This is the start of a long project but right out of the blocks I am impressed with the quality of music we'll be providing to filmmakers through it.

So this is a new era for EOSHD and a new site design, please do let me know what you think of it on the forum and I will answer any questions you have about the new layout there.

If you spot anything you think isn't working properly or could do with tidying up, do let me know!

What's next this week on EOSHD

1. The final conclusion and part 2 of my Sony A7S review is almost done so look out for it.

2. I have been shooting with the Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM ART lens and it is very interesting to compare the performance to my Cooke S4i Mini 50mm T2.8 PL mount cinema lens. One is a $999 photographic lens and one a $8000 cinema lens. The mighty Sigma will also go up against the lenses I love because of character first and foremost rather than outright performance - the Canon 50mm F1.2L and Leica-R Summilux 50mm F1.4. What's the best high end 50 you can get? Find out soon on EOSHD.

3. Photokina 2014 preview, ahead of the show the following week. Every year the largest consumer photographic show comes round and I'll be in Cologne, Germany from the 16th to cover the show first hand and see what's new. There's plenty of video related action at Photokina (the last one saw the debut of the GH3). Canon have all their Cinema EOS offerings at the show. Will there be anything new from them? Sony will certainly have their new F series cinema camera at the show and I can't way to try it out. I'll be interviewing Sony's Bill Drummond at the show about their Alpha stills cameras, such as the A7S. Lot's to look forward to and do come along and say hello!

4. SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 review. What's the latest wide angle for Micro Four Thirds like? My full review is in the works and will be ready soon.

5. Metabones Speed Booster ULTRA and Micro Four Thirds EF Speed Booster reviews.

And finally...

Thanks for reading EOSHD and for just being interested! By being passionate and interested in what we love to do over the long term, we improve the quality of what we do.

It is a very interesting time to be a filmmaker in terms of the cameras and if there's any direction you'd prefer to see EOSHD move towards in the coming months do have your say on the forum.

Read the full article here

The blog looks great! I noticed on the forum that "Main Forum" and "Anamorphic Forum" nav titles breaks to a new line. Not sure if this was intentional but try increasing #navContainer to 800px from 600px so the padding isn't forcing the break. Keep up the good work.

Hi, looks a lot better!

This is a minor thing, but I think your logo (and the banner) deserves to evolve with the web design - it looks out of place in this new modern world!

I recently changes my entire website and got the logo done, makes the old look really dated! ;)

I know it's a ball ache but these little things show evolution. Go on, you know you want to....

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

The front page was much nicer in white with black text. And things are a bit too complicated for my taste. On the old one I liked having the articles in a neat, simple way, you dont feel lost that way.

We know this takes time and effort so good luck!