Sony PMW-F3 with 2500 hours on it. Should I buy it?

basil_555

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/23/2020 at 1:07 PM, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Fabulous shots, Geoff! Those colors are TASTY. What was your lighting and grading process for these?

Slightly overexposed while shooting with fill from reflector. ACES grade, Secondary corrector to soften the skin tones and sharpened the reflection in the glasses. 

@QuickHitRecord great share and post! I was reading through this a few months ago and downloaded the film just to fancy myself buying this camera very soon. Now this beauty is waiting for a 5inch Blackmagic VA HD. Hopefully they show up for little money. So far no luck the last couple weeks on ebay. @IronFilm You just want me to buy a second one, you rascal. 🙂

16 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

@QuickHitRecord great share and post! I was reading through this a few months ago and downloaded the film just to fancy myself buying this camera very soon. Now this beauty is waiting for a 5inch Blackmagic VA HD. Hopefully they show up for little money. So far no luck the last couple weeks on ebay. @IronFilm You just want me to buy a second one, you rascal. 🙂

Highly recommend a PIX-E5 or PIX-E7 if you can grab them, those recorders are tanks and can get 4:4:4. Or get the Atomos Ninja V with SDI adapter. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Geoff CB Don´t you have a Tokina 28-70 2.6? Mind filming a bit with that beauty? I own that lens but still not BMVA, so I don´t bother filming with my F3 right now. My S1 gets more exposure for sure. I think F3 owners should do a F3 challenge. What kind of challenge could that be. Footage looks awesome no matter what. No challenge there.;)

@Antoin e Hey, would love to see your video! Stills look lovely.

22 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

@Geoff CB Don´t you have a Tokina 28-70 2.6? Mind filming a bit with that beauty? I own that lens but still not BMVA, so I don´t bother filming with my F3 right now. My S1 gets more exposure for sure. I think F3 owners should do a F3 challenge. What kind of challenge could that be. Footage looks awesome no matter what. No challenge there.;)

@Antoin e Hey, would love to see your video! Stills look lovely.

The Tokina is not worth it on the camera, better off getting a nice filter like hollywood blackmagic or something similar  and a wider lens. 28-70 is very limiting on the F3.  It actually is fantastic on the S1 though. Again I'm leaning towards filters for the soft look nowadays.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, Geoff CB said:

The Tokina is not worth it on the camera, better off getting a nice filter like hollywood blackmagic or something similar  and a wider lens. 28-70 is very limiting on the F3.  It actually is fantastic on the S1 though. Again I'm leaning towards filters for the soft look nowadays.

I do use my 28-90mm lens a fair bit on my F3, used it last time I shot with the F3 a week ago. 
But of course depends on what you want to be shooting with it. 

On 9/4/2020 at 12:54 AM, Geoff CB said:

I always loved the 28mm look on speedboosted (x 0.71) mft, which should be a little bit wider than the F3 sensor, which is 23.6mm wide. I am still waiting for a good deal on a Black magic video assist HD.

Let´s get something started like a fun challenge or whatever we wanna call it. @TheRenaissanceMan @IronFilm @Geoff CB @Antoin e

2 hours ago, Antoin e said:

Some of you know if the sdi port of the BMVA can be replaced ??

@Antoin e Look for someone who advertises modchip installations for consoles or look for a "hackerspace"; anyone with intermediate soldering skills and the ability to order a BNC connector from mouser can repair it for you, quick and cheap, assuming you didn't crack the PCB or dislodge some SMDs.