Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Reid

This guy is a genius

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah I love his channel. His contax zeiss episode was one of the best things I’ve seen on YouTube in our genre. It’s refreshing to see someone put in actual effort and not clickbait bullshit over and over. The video/photographer cliche videos are comical at this point “don’t buy until you watch” or “I was wrong about this camera” with the same style thumbnails and the same style videos with horrendous color grading because they used a horrible LUT that blows out their highlights and over-saturates everything. Hopefully we can see more channels like the one you posted. Sorry, I had to vent. 

Yeah, a bit of that early content has already been in your forum for a while from the first half-dozen contribution series:

Hope no one does not misjudge this one as current spam now... LOL : -)

14 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

>snip<

An interesting experiment

This immediately reminded me of an incident from some years ago when my (then teenage) nephew grabbed both my brother's and my twin DCR-TVR820 Hi-8 Sony camcorders and began walking around holding them together, best he could, filming everything at a family event...his goal was to be able to shoot a "stereo 3D movie"! Interestingly, my brother later took that footage and was able to create some single-frame stereographs! I love watching this sort of out-of-the-box experimenting!

Regarding 8K/10K footage...too bad Panasonic didn't provide their S1R with enough electronic horsepower to give us some out-of-the-gate 8K UHD (7680 x 4320) or Cinema 8K (8196x4320) with that gorgeous new (8368 x 5584 Photo) sensor...though I expect this is all in the pipeline for future model releases. (...rolls fingers...)

9 hours ago, barefoot_dp said:

I don't understand his claim that what he is doing in not the same as a panorama.... it is.

No.  It's not.

He is just doing stitch/shift (he cutely calls it "twinspin").  Shots are captured as the sensor is shifted around the focal plane to cover the larger image circle of the lens -- the lens/camera is not panned. 

On the other hand, shooting a panorama with a normal camera involves panning the entire camera between shots  -- there is no shifting of the sensor along the focal plane of the lens to capture more of the lens' image circle.

I don't mean to be a downer, but there is nothing special about what this guy is doing in this test, and he makes most of the same fatal mistakes as other "format comparers" who came before him.

What he calls "twinspin" has been around for awhile known by another name.  He could have bought a more versatile shift/stitch bracket, instead of using that rig.  The most popular line of shift/stitch brackets probably are the Vizelex/Rhino-Cam offerngs:

By the way, our own @maxotics made his own shift/stitch bracket!:

I really enjoy Media Division. I love how he deep dives into topics with history and backstory. His shooting style is easy going yet beautiful. He likes his Panasonic cameras too!

I love to grab a cup of coffee and watch his stuff. He doesn’t post often though, which kinda, weirdly, makes things more enjoyable.

Its like slow food, or slow travel, you just enjoy it more.

even though YouTube demands quantity of quality.