Sony E mount to Nikon Z mount adapter

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wait,...hold on.....what? Is the a passive adapter or an active adapter?

Ok....I'm about to take a super long crazy shot in the dark here. We know that Nikon is buying the Sony A7-III's IMX410 sensor, this is now fact...and a zero supprise to everybody here.

Here is the crazy part.....is it possible that Sony has leased their Emount lens and focus protocol to Nikon for all their new lenses? I could certainly see why Nikon would rather buy it than design it themselves. Could Nikon also lease Sony PDAF pattents too? And Sony IBIS also?

The cost of just buying it could beat the cost of developing it from scratch and trying to mature it as fast as they can. Buying an already tested and mature system could be A LOT easier!

Nah....on second thought. This kind of industry camera collusion never happens like that in reality. Plus, Sony is not known for selling itself to customers in that way.

This is just crazy talk.......

• Administrators
1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Production sample, ready for release soon.

They also showed it working with EF-E adapter on top of it, so you can use Canon lenses as well.

Wow it works with the EF-E adapter on top. What company is developing the adapter, may I ask? Or is it a small indie producer?

6 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Wow it works with the EF-E adapter on top. What company is developing the adapter, may I ask? Or is it a small indie producer?

Techart

6ebfe269ly1fzawcjx2ekj20tl13hwm3.jpg

23 minutes ago, Cliff Totten said:

Wait,...hold on.....what? Is the a passive adapter or an active adapter?

Ok....I'm about to take a super long crazy shot in the dark here. We know that Nikon is buying the Sony A7-III's IMX410 sensor, this is now fact...and a zero supprise to everybody here.

Here is the crazy part.....is it possible that Sony has leased their Emount lens and focus protocol to Nikon for all their new lenses? I could certainly see why Nikon would rather buy it than design it themselves. Could Nikon also lease Sony PDAF pattents too? And Sony IBIS also?

The cost of just buying it could beat the cost of developing it from scratch and trying to mature it as fast as they can. Buying an already tested and mature system could be A LOT easier!

Nah....on second thought. This kind of industry camera collusion never happens like that in reality. Plus, Sony is not known for selling itself to customers in that way.

This is just crazy talk.......

Active with electronic contacts, so AF works.

27 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Don't some of the Fuji lenses cover full frame? I would be surprised if anyone made an adapter to fuji though, would be a small market I imagine. 

Z mount flange is 16mm, E mount is 18mm, X mount is 17.7mm. Maybe they can shave off 0.3mm.

• Super Members

That looks like the original TechART Pro stacked on it as well I'm presuming?

Which would mean Z cameras have not only picked up the lens lineup of Sony and Canon but also have AF of a huge array of manual lenses.

When you throw in the ProRes RAW output upgrade thats quite a week !

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I meant their E to Leica M one which you then use other dumb adapters on to also mount R, C/Y etc 

Useless for AFC but great for getting one shot AF for blind old gits like me !