Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Sony A7R IV / A7S III / A9 II to feature 8K video, as new 60MP and 36MP full frame sensor specs leak

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 minutes ago, sandro said:

So when is the A7S3 expected?

Probably fall 2019. Latest rumor says the 17th of July announcement is for the A6500 successor. 
We never know, secrets are well kept at Sony it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoodlum said:

I see Canon just announced new cameras with Stacked 1" sensors.  I guess Stacked sensor are old tech now with the GS sensors coming.

Quote

Of note is that neither camera features Canon's Dual Pixel autofocus technology

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes 50 seconds record limit in 4K

No 4K/24p

No phase-detect AF (like RX100 V that uses same sensor)

No slow-mo 240/480fps modes

9 hours ago, hoodlum said:

I see Canon just announced new cameras with Stacked 1" sensors.  I guess Stacked sensor are old tech now with the GS sensors coming.

I am still interested in G7X III for the colour science alone, but that's about it vs RX100 series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

9 minutes 50 seconds record limit in 4K

No 4K/24p

No phase-detect AF (like RX100 V that uses same sensor)

No slow-mo 240/480fps modes

I am still interested in G7X III for the colour science alone, but that's about it vs RX100 series.

RX100V has 315 phase detect points. Can't be the same sensor in that case.

I am not sure why someone would want the Canon when the RX100VA/VI appear to be better cameras. Plus, there should be a RX100VII arriving soon, which presumably will be a step up from the older models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mokara said:

RX100V has 315 phase detect points. Can't be the same sensor in that case.

I am not sure why someone would want the Canon when the RX100VA/VI appear to be better cameras. Plus, there should be a RX100VII arriving soon, which presumably will be a step up from the older models.

Same sensor but without pdaf mask, just like Pana S1/A73. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, androidlad said:

Same sensor but without pdaf mask, just like Pana S1/A73. 

Then it is not the same sensor is it.

The IMX series are the off the shelf sensors sold by Sony. They do not include the modifications that exclusive clients might use in their designs. The general fabrication might be similar, but they are not the same sensors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mokara said:

Then it is not the same sensor is it.

The IMX series are the off the shelf sensors sold by Sony. They do not include the modifications that exclusive clients might use in their designs. The general fabrication might be similar, but they are not the same sensors.

Some people buy cameras with kit lenses, some buy body only. Different SKU, but same product.

A bit more details about some of the recent Sony Semicon FF sensor portfolio:

15MP Exmor R 7.52um 16Bit HS SLVS-EC 8Lane
24MP Exmor R 5.94um 14Bit HS SLVS-EC 8Lane
24MP Exmor RS 5.91um 14Bit DRAM SLVS-EC 8Lane
28MP Exmor RS 5.5um 16Bit SLVS-EC 10Lane
28MP Exmor GS 5.5um 12Bit SLVS-EC 12Lane
30MP Exmor RS 5.31um 14Bit UHS SLVS-EC 8Lane
36MP Exmor RS 4.88um 16Bit HS SLVS-EC 16Lane
42MP Exmor R 4.5um 14Bit SLVS-EC 8Lane
45MP Exmor R 4.35um 14Bit LVDS 12ch
48MP Exmor RS 4.2um 16Bit DRAM SLVS-EC 8Lane
54MP Exmor R 3.96um 14Bit SLVS-EC 8Lane
60MP Exmor R 3.76um 16Bit SLVS-EC 8Lane
100MP Exmor RS 2.91um 16Bit SLVS-EC 8Lane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Sony..

After latest Sigma fp announcement and Panasonic S1 video-oriented firmware upgrade, there is little left they can do to make a7S III groundbreaking and not cannibalize FS series / Venice.

Exceptional low-light capabilities and reliable AF won't cut it, I'm afraid.

 

These are interesting times we live in..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heart0less said:

Poor Sony..

After latest Sigma fp announcement and Panasonic S1 video-oriented firmware upgrade, there is little left they can do to make a7S III groundbreaking and not cannibalize FS series / Venice.

Why poor Sony? All those interesting cameras announced in the last weeks and months, no matter if they are called Sigma FP, Panasonic S1 or Fujifilm GFX100 all use Sony sensors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...