Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, andrew_dotdot said:

2.0 firmware is released. Anyone running it yet?

Downloaded the 1.2 like 8 hours ago and v2.0 wasn't available ?

On 12/16/2018 at 3:33 AM, thebrothersthre3 said:

would be cool to see a quick video test 

I'd like to but i am travelling for the next 3 weeks and my laptop  Is far too old to handle It. Will do when i come back home

The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issues:

* Regarding the new function "Recording over 4GB movie file as one file" which was planned to add to the firmware Ver.2.00, we will announce the schedule to release the firmware with the function in January 2019.

Regarding the details of No.1,3 and 6 download the "X-T3 New Features Guide" from our website.

-- Select a language --English (PDF: 308KB)Français (PDF: 312KB)Deutsch (PDF: 312KB)Español (PDF: 308KB)Italiano (PDF: 312KB)Nederland (PDF: 308KB)Polski (PDF: 312KB)Svenska (PDF: 308KB)Norsk (PDF: 316KB)Dansk (PDF: 312KB)Pусский (PDF: 312KB)Suomi (PDF: 308KB)中文简 (PDF: 452KB)中文繁體 (PDF: 432KB)한국어 (PDF: 352KB)ภาษาไทย (PDF: 348KB)Arabic (PDF: 304KB)

OK

1.4K HDR video recording in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) 
Supports 4K HDR video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), one of the formats defined in the ITU-R BT.2100 international standards (*1). It allows the capture of rich and realistic images in a scene where there is a huge gap between highlight and shadow, or subjects with high color saturation. 
*1:Only compatible with H.265(HEVC). Please enjoy with television or display compatible with HLG formats.

2.Simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage (*2)
Supports simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage. It allows you to record in F-Log while checking Film Simulation image on an external monitor.
*2:Not compatible with 59.94P/50P, FHD high speed rec., 4K interframe NR, and HDMI output info display mode. Also, cannot choose different image size (4K/FHD) for HDMI output and internal SD card recording.

3.Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD.

4.Supports slower shutter speeds with DCI4K/4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P (*4) Slower shutter speeds than the framerate can be selected with 4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P. *4:Cannot select slower shutter speed than framerate with DCI/4K 59.94P/50P or DCI4K/4K/FHD Long GOP recording. For detail, refer to the Shutter Speed in the “Movie Recording Mode” list.

Movie Recording Mode(PDF:8.00KB)

5.Compatible with ALL-Intra and maximum bitrate 400Mbps with H.264
Using H.264 compression, you will now to be able to select ALL-Intra at a maximum bitrate of 400Mbps.

6.Display power supply icon
Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD (*5) and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD (*6).
*5:Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*6:Product may not be available on your country.

7.Fix of slight defects

Major bug in X-T3 2.00 firmware update: when selecting SD: film simulation, HDMI: F-log, or SD: F-log, HDMI: film simulation. A 1.18x crop is applied on all 4K framerates.

8 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Gonna get it today. Mainly interested in HLG and if its any better at high ISO's or with DR. 

It's a bit less noisy than F-log (mainly because the shadow/black level are not as high), DR is exactly the same.

Minimum ISO 1000 matches F-log ISO 640, so it does not look like actual analog gain, it's really just an EI rating to encourage slight underexposure.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Actually his conclusion about the Pocket having better highlight retention than the XT-3 seems a bit skewed.  He base's this on having more tools in Resolve, because it's raw.  But in fact when you look at the files, the Xt-3 has far more chroma info.  Once again, grading in the eyes of someone who doesn't appear to know that much about grading seems to be all based on what button you can click on or what LUT you can apply.  Which is just silly as far as I am concerned.  If you just look at the files on the scopes you can see that the BMPC4K is clipped more harshly and that it is missing chroma info by comparison.  This would be consistent with my experience of BM in general.  Images have info, but lack chroma range.  Lastly, he incorrectly states that the URSA has 16 stops of dynamic range.  No way in heaven this is true.  I would be surprised if they have more than 13.5 to be honest...

Kind of a noobish question here, but what exactly are the computer specs needed to edit and export the 10-bit HEVC files?

I know the latest Intels have hardware acceleration, but I'm lost in the tech lingo and find a lot of conflicting info of what exactly is hardware accelerated: 8-bit only or 10-bit DEcoding but software only on ENcoding, GPU renders on the timeline and CPU on export, etc. I'm also a Mac person and some say that the OS is the bottleneck...

So what do I need to transcode and export 10-bit HEVC with reasonable speed? Mac or Windows doesn't matter. If I can edit natively in FCPX (time to upgrade my 2013 MBP anyway) I'd be more than happy, but if building a Hackintosh or PC with Windows to transcode to Prores (finally Adobe!) and double as a HTPC as well, that's fine.

3 hours ago, Ingerson said:

Kind of a noobish question here, but what exactly are the computer specs needed to edit and export the 10-bit HEVC files?

editing is fine with new hardware. Any 7th gen Intel cpu and modern gpus work fine. 
But 10 bit HEVC export is not hardware accelerated. Forget about that and think about other ways of delivery. It's just too time consuming. 

Personally I'd go for an iMac if you can find one for a good price or, if you go for a macbook, take the vega graphics. A 13" macbook pro or mac mini with e-GPU might be a great tool too. 

37 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

is there waveform on the xt3 ?

same with focus peaking.

no waveforms on the camera. Focus peaking: set the camera to manual focus. In the video menu look for MF assist and set it to focus peak highlight. You can change the color and intensity 

3 hours ago, frontfocus said:

editing is fine with new hardware. Any 7th gen Intel cpu and modern gpus work fine. 
But 10 bit HEVC export is not hardware accelerated. Forget about that and think about other ways of delivery. It's just too time consuming. 

As long as I end up with a Prores master without having to wait an hour per minute of footage :) thanks!

4 hours ago, frontfocus said:

Personally I'd go for an iMac if you can find one for a good price or, if you go for a macbook, take the vega graphics. A 13" macbook pro or mac mini with e-GPU might be a great tool too. 

no waveforms on the camera. Focus peaking: set the camera to manual focus. In the video menu look for MF assist and set it to focus peak highlight. You can change the color and intensity 

In Premiere CC 2019, with compatible Intel CPU or Nvidia GPU/NVENC, 10bit HEVC decoding and encoding are lightning fast.