Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
39 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Oh ok, thabks foe the answer.

I am looking forward to improvements in the video quality with HLG. 

If you watch the preview video from Newshooter, HLG has a minimum ISO of 1000.

This is interesting because it seems like a "DR800" mode, exposing using ISO160 then a 3 stop push to ISO1280, then a digital pull to ISO1000. My hypothesis is that it may have slightly more highlight latitude at the expense of a bit more shadow noise.

if you work with sliders, gimbals and other forms of stabilisation, you don't need to get the OIS lenses. If you want a zoom, I would go for the 16-55mm f/2.8, even though it has no OIS.

if you are recording audio near camera, don't go for 35mm f/1.4, 18mm f/2.0, 60mm f/2.4 those are loud to focus
I also wouldn't recommend 23mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.2 since you can hear those too. 

Optically even the cheaper lenses are very good, so you can't go wrong. 

16-55 is a great lens. Absolutely gorgeous and really does have a cinematic feel to it.

I am actually having some issues with the focus though, and most likely it is user error, I am flying mine on a gimbal and it locks and loses focus with the subject and hunts like crazy - yet handheld and tripod use is totally fine, and photo af is perfect, when im moving on a gimbal it freaks. most likely user error though

11 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

16-55 is a great lens. Absolutely gorgeous and really does have a cinematic feel to it.

I am actually having some issues with the focus though, and most likely it is user error, I am flying mine on a gimbal and it locks and loses focus with the subject and hunts like crazy - yet handheld and tripod use is totally fine, and photo af is perfect, when im moving on a gimbal it freaks. most likely user error though

If you're using it on the X-T3/X-H1, there's dedicated video AF-C setting with "sensitivity" (affects how much hunting) and "speed".

1 hour ago, KnowsNothing said:

Can anyone recommend the Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95? Thinking of getting that over one of the fuji F2 primes.

Here is a review using it on Fuji Bodies. He didn't like it on the X-T2 because it was too front heavy.

https://fstoppers.com/originals/fstoppers-reviews-zhongyi-mitakon-speedmaster-35mm-f095-fujifilm-206972

I own the Mitakon as well as the Fuji f/1.4 and the Mitakon has a special look to it. It's not just the amount of blur, but bokeh and overall how it renders. Aperture is smooth and stepless. No sharpness problems in video either, since X-H1 and X-T3 oversample from 5K and 6.3K, resulting in more than sharp enough videos.

For photos and overall I prefer the Fuji 35mm f/1.4, but not for video, since the AF motor is loud

5 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

wonder if the af remains brillant with the viltrox and other brands af

I meant to say Fringer, they make the better adapter. Their auto focus is ok'ish. But its a huge downgrade from normal auto focus. You'll be dissapointed. 

The viltrox works but the auto focus isn't really usable, at least not continuous. 

52 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

I own the Mitakon as well as the Fuji f/1.4 and the Mitakon has a special look to it. It's not just the amount of blur, but bokeh and overall how it renders. Aperture is smooth and stepless. No sharpness problems in video either, since X-H1 and X-T3 oversample from 5K and 6.3K, resulting in more than sharp enough videos.

For photos and overall I prefer the Fuji 35mm f/1.4, but not for video, since the AF motor is loud

Thanks, i’m assuming this is the mark ii? And is the lens capable enough to be one’s main prime, or is it too niche? I really like the look of it. Weight is a bit of a concern but it’s so small, how problematic can it really be.