Sony a7SIII - Full Frame 4K 60fps 10bit with Flip Out Screen

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, androidlad said:

All of these are likely to be true, as it came from a Japanese semiconductor engineer who's involved in the development.

We'll see soon.

This is the same Chinese site, which was the first to leak the A7SIII with a 15.4MP BSI sensor. Which is all well and good, except it was in 2016...

There was an A7000 leak confirmed to be fake as well. People also fully believed that 5D IV extra video features via firmware was a legit thing.

Rumors are rumors, some of them are fully true, but the majority is bogus.

Just now, padam said:

This is the same Chinese site, which was the first to leak the A7SIII with a 15.4 BSI sensor. Which is all well and good, except it was in 2016...

There was an A7000 leak confirmed to be fake as well.

We are talking about a specific individual on Weibo. She's the one who debunked the fake rumours including the 15.4MP sensor and A7000.

https://www.weibo.com/KazuoHiraiSONY

She's also the first one to (implicitly) point out that X-T3 uses a Sony sensor.

I would not be surprised if those are true , that would make a lot of sense so they can both bring a high spec product and protect/replace their FS range.
But the setup is going to end up between 5-10k and have a very different form factor, I imagine something a bit like a  kinefinity terra system.

I planned to wait for the a7siii, but I just ordered a A7iii + ninja V and will sell my a7rii.
To be honest I did DP/post produced some projects on both red and blackmagic 4.6k and  unless you really need the slow mo it s hard to justify the cost/size factor compared to the recent sony cameras.

2 hours ago, Laurier said:

I would not be surprised if those are true , that would make a lot of sense so they can both bring a high spec product and protect/replace their FS range.
But the setup is going to end up between 5-10k and have a very different form factor, I imagine something a bit like a  kinefinity terra system.

I planned to wait for the a7siii, but I just ordered a A7iii + ninja V and will sell my a7rii.
To be honest I did DP/post produced some projects on both red and blackmagic 4.6k and  unless you really need the slow mo it s hard to justify the cost/size factor compared to the recent sony cameras. 

Sony's plan has worked.  When the a7siii finally comes out, sony thinks it will be good enough to make you, once again, "upgrade".  I think that is why we offically haven't heard of the a7siii yet -- sony wants people to buy the a7iii first; and then ultimately the a7siii.  If they bring out the a7siii too soon, a lot of video people would skip the a7iii.  Sneaky sony... But I'm not going to buy the a7iii.  I know their game plan, but it sure is hard resisting :-)

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

Sony’s game is to get photographers to upgrade to a $10,000 cinema camera from an entry level MILC?

Sony is not bringing out the a7siii right now in part because they are trying to entice video orientated users to buy the a7iii.  If they bring out the a7siii too fast, they would lose a7iii sales - video orientated users would just buy the a7siii.

45 minutes ago, eleison said:

Sony is not bringing out the a7siii right now in part because they are trying to entice video orientated users to buy the a7iii.  If they bring out the a7siii too fast, they would lose a7iii sales - video orientated users would just buy the a7siii.

The reason they are not bringing it out right now cause they need more time testing, especially the thermal management part.

Wanna bet it wont have PDAF because Pro Video guy doesnt need it, and hopefully that means no more 30 minute limit.

3 hours ago, eleison said:

Sony's plan has worked.  When the a7siii finally comes out, sony thinks it will be good enough to make you, once again, "upgrade".  I think that is why we offically haven't heard of the a7siii yet -- sony wants people to buy the a7iii first; and then ultimately the a7siii.  If they bring out the a7siii too soon, a lot of video people would skip the a7iii.  Sneaky sony... But I'm not going to buy the a7iii.  I know their game plan, but it sure is hard resisting ?

I doubt that the case, it s better to sell a product once at a higher price than having your clients buying something cheaper, plus it create a lot of product on the second hand market that hurt your sales.
On top of that I hardly see the regular mirrorless buyer spend 5 to 10k on a system for occasional work , that FS5/FS7 territory.
If anything they will be introducing a new segment of product, with a "brain" and extensions. 

1 hour ago, ntblowz said:

The reason they are not bringing it out right now cause they need more time testing, especially the thermal management part.

Wanna bet it wont have PDAF because Pro Video guy doesnt need it, and hopefully that means no more 30 minute limit.

Well C100-200-300-700 users will tell you otherwise, I get paid for shooting MV and fashion stuff mostly and autofocus is very valuable in those situation.

18 minutes ago, Laurier said:

Well C100-200-300-700 users will tell you otherwise, I get paid for shooting MV and fashion stuff mostly and autofocus is very valuable in those situation.

Sorry to tell you but Im that C100MKII guy who still use MF 95% of the time

By the way that tripod there cost more than A7III, I was shocked when I found out the price.

92ACD05A-25E9-434B-88AA-5529C1602DAF.jpeg

10 hours ago, jonpais said:

What the heck?

Titanium cage ($10,000)

Gold plated HDMI clamp ($750)

Brazilian leather EVF cup ($5,000)

?

I think the A7SIII will fold out to reveal a built in A7III and A7RIII, shoot with all 4k cameras at once to create a 12k image! Could see that taking off! ?

In all honesty,  I think the A7SIII will have 4k60p (S35 cropped), 10 bit external, PDAF, windowed HD 240fps, few more MP and one surprise thrown in. 

I think they could have took the A7S III back into development due to the new Panasonic offering. 

In conclusion, there’s so many cameras now, that it’s not really that important anymore. GH5 going nowhere. It’s working. All is good.