Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless talk hots up

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, jonpais said:

you just stated quite clearly that 10-bit is unnecessary, even if that was one of huge selling points of both the EOS R and Z7 cameras.

Liar. I said that some didnt care. But what ever, I care so little about your opinion of me that its not even funny.

This thread is probably dead in the water until the camera is released so I will leave it until it is. I suggest you do the same and film some "students" or what ever you crazy crackers are calling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Liar. I said that some didnt care. But what ever, I care so little about your opinion of me that its not even funny.

This thread is probably dead in the water until the camera is released so I will leave it until it is. I suggest you do the same and film some "students" or what ever you crazy crackers are calling it.

And I suggest you do some more boudoir shots of your mutt or whatever you assholes call it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Liar. I said that some didnt care. But what ever, I care so little about your opinion of me that its not even funny.

This thread is probably dead in the water until the camera is released so I will leave it until it is. I suggest you do the same and film some "students" or what ever you crazy crackers are calling it.

I know what elon musk would say ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yurolov said:

Image speaks for itself. 

This really look very bad, is it really a Canon R?…..I think the main issue is the shooter, I am sure the camera can make great images in the right hands…..this kind of footage is really disappointing….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canon video has always looked soft. One... it is and two... when you dial down the sharpening on a Canon camera, it actually dials down. Sony sLog looks pretty soft in 4K as well if you don’t add sharpening in post. And Panasonic you can’t get rid of, which is fine, but it seems some people add more.

I used to think I liked “soft video” but now I just think a lot of folks prefer the over-sharpened plastic look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mercer said:

Canon video has always looked soft. One... it is and two... when you dial down the sharpening on a Canon camera, it actually dials down. Sony sLog looks pretty soft in 4K as well if you don’t add sharpening in post. And Panasonic you can’t get rid of, which is fine, but it seems some people add more.

I used to think I liked “soft video” but now I just think a lot folks prefer the over-sharpened plastic look.

It's not like that, that footage looks like shit in all aspects. There is something between mushy and plastic, look at z7 or xt3 videos (just to name two cameras from the same generation the R is supposed to be a part of)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

It's not like that, that footage looks like shit in all aspects. There is something between mushy and plastic, look at z7 or xt3 videos (just to name two cameras from the same generation the R is supposed to be a part of)

I wasnt referring to that video specifically. I assume a lot of that was shot in 120fps in 720p, so yeah it’s not going to look that great when we’re used to seeing 4K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Canon certainly has reinvented mirrorless. ? 

 

 

Jesus….this guy talking shit about Canon R and his own video is pure SH….look at the skin tones, he looks more like an alien…..what was he using?, if I have to guess I would said a barby camera...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to set the record straight, @mercer , S-Log2 requires no additional sharpening in post, and this was shot with detail dialed all the way down.

30 minutes ago, mercer said:

Canon video has always looked soft. One... it is and two... when you dial down the sharpening on a Canon camera, it actually dials down. Sony sLog looks pretty soft in 4K as well if you don’t add sharpening in post. And Panasonic you can’t get rid of, which is fine, but it seems some people add more.

I used to think I liked “soft video” but now I just think a lot of folks prefer the over-sharpened plastic look.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mercer said:

YouTube is so boring. I have no idea who that guy is and no idea why I am supposed to listen to him talk for 10+ minutes about Caleb Pike?

That guy is awesome. Tells it like it is. Breath of fresh air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Just to set the record straight, @mercer , S-Log2 requires no additional sharpening in post, and this was shot with detail dialed all the way down.

 

I didn’t say it needed it, I said that you can dial it down and it actually dials down. That image looks nice but a bunch of dark straight lines on a white table will look pretty sharp no matter what camera you’re using. SLog isn’t inherently, bitingly sharp in a lot of instances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...