DJI Mavic killer? They say so...

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If this has a 1" sensor and h.265 I'll buy it in a heartbeat, even considering my bad experience with Autel's X-Star premium. A folding P4 Pro? Yes please! Otherwise it's not worth the risk.

Had the XStar and it lost contact constantly with the remote and initiated "return home" all the time. Ended up returning it after 3 weeks. The yaw was a big problem, too: impossible to make smooth panning motions.

11 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

If this has a 1" sensor and h.265 I'll buy it in a heartbeat, even considering my bad experience with Autel's X-Star premium. A folding P4 Pro? Yes please! Otherwise it's not worth the risk.

Had the XStar and it lost contact constantly with the remote and initiated "return home" all the time. Ended up returning it after 3 weeks. The yaw was a big problem, too: impossible to make smooth panning motions.

"The Evo will have a 4K, 60 FPS camera on a 3-axis gimbal, and it has a full 94-degree field of view"

Best info I could find about the sensor.

9 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

"The Evo will have a 4K, 60 FPS camera on a 3-axis gimbal, and it has a full 94-degree field of view"

Best info I could find about the sensor.

At CES a rep said it's an "all new sensor," which got me excited... but finally found a video where a rep says 12MP stills so it's not looking like a 1" :bawling:

EDIT: Looks like there will be two sensor options!

I wonder if, along with that bigger sensor, it has an adjustable aperture like the p4p as well, that'd be sweet.

I'm also assuming that if they're giving us the IQ-jump with the sensor size increase, then they've also thrown in a decent codec with a suitably high bitrate as well. Definitely keeping my eye on this one. 

Fair point, but if we're talking about filmmaking then really this or a DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the "minimum" standard we should aspire to. 

The likes of a Mavic or similar really is just for vloggers or other people who need ultra compact drones (such as if you're out hiking in the wilderness, or if aerial shots are only your 4th priority). 

So just thought this was a more interesting and relevant new drone to discuss in this forum, but yeah, probably should should create a whole new thread for this instead? Ah well, too late now! 

10 minutes ago, EthanAlexander said:

@IronFilm Shame on you for discussing other 1" drones on this 1" drone thread!

Neither the Mavic or the EVO is anywhere near close to a 1" sensor. If they did have this, then I'd be much more interested in them as an option.

To quote the specs:

It uses a 3.5 mm lens, has a field of view of 94-degrees and a focal ratio of f/2.8.

Impossible that is a 1" sensor. 

8 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Neither the Mavic or the EVO is anywhere near close to a 1" sensor. If they did have this, then I'd be much more interested in them as an option.

To quote the specs:

Impossible that is a 1" sensor. 

Soooo, first off, I was joking. Totally welcome discussion of other drones in here ;) 

But secondly, look at the video I posted above about the Evo. Pretty sure you're reading specs about the $1K 2/3" version. There will also be a $1300 1" version.

On 13/01/2018 at 9:27 PM, EthanAlexander said:

At CES a rep said it's an "all new sensor," which got me excited... but finally found a video where a rep says 12MP stills so it's not looking like a 1" :bawling:

EDIT: Looks like there will be two sensor options!

Except for these guys, I couldn't any other mention of a 1inch Autel Evo Drone. Not even on their website. Also they seem to be fiddling around with the Mavic Pro sized Autel Evo and claiming it has a 1inch sensor and the same range and same everything else. 

These guys are obviously on something. I just wish it were more easily available. I am sure it could solve 99% of the world's problems.

DJI doesn't only make great drones, it makes great cameras on those drones. I would actually love to see a shootout between the  same sensors on different drones and ones on the DJI. I would love to see the results. 

20 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Except for these guys, I couldn't any other mention of a 1inch Autel Evo Drone. Not even on their website. Also they seem to be fiddling around with the Mavic Pro sized Autel Evo and claiming it has a 1inch sensor and the same range and same everything else. 

These guys are obviously on something. I just wish it were more easily available. I am sure it could solve 99% of the world's problems.

The reason I believe them is that there are clearly two different cameras mounted on their prototype display EVOs:

5a5bb6f84f37f_ScreenShot2018-01-14at1_56_53PM.thumb.png.ea87db477a8c49a0ebb9af2735003466.png

5a5bb72949448_ScreenShot2018-01-14at1_59_43PM.png.30c499013a040aea871a40ec8200b24a.png

The top one is clearly bigger.

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

So there will be a 1" sensor. Interested now David? :-)

Wait... what?

2 hours ago, sanveer said:

Well you can see on the side it says 8.2mm for one of them, which makes much more sense of a lens for a 1" sensor.

But why the hell does my google sleuthing bring up nothing about this when I was looking earlier, and why do none of the other videos say this?

As a 1" foldable drone would be big news, they'd be shouting this from the rooftops if so! Surely??

2 hours ago, sanveer said:

DJI doesn't only make great drones, it makes great cameras on those drones. I would actually love to see a shootout between the  same sensors on different drones and ones on the DJI. I would love to see the results. 

Indeed, if true, the next question is if the camera quality from that 1" sensor is as good as the specs might promise. 

Next DJI Press conference is on Jan 23rd, we might see a DJI response any moment now.