Tell Santa! All I want for Christmas is...

EthanAlexander

Tell Santa! All I want for Christmas is...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I want santa to bring me (pick your top 3):

• Sony Mirrorless (A7RIII, A7SII, a6500...)
    • GH5 or GH5S (Santa can bring one from the future)
    • 3-Axis Gimbal
    • Canon VDSLR (1DC, 1DXII, 80D...)
    • Lights (Cause this sh*t ain't cheap)
    • Panasonic EVA-1
    • Canon C200
    • Audio Equipment (So we don't leave out IronFilm)
    • Video monitor/recorder (like a Shogun Inferno or SmallHD Focus)
    • Nikon D850
    • Other (Please let us know in the comments below)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i wanted snow but it looks like thats not happening this year... its cold enough but no rain

i left my mountain fortress of solitude to go shopping and found a six pack of bell's expedition stout for xmas~! yay!!! quite a find in the middle of nowhere o_O

i just want santa to bring me good luck on my lil short im starting production on in January!! thats p much it. oh and the disclosure news is the best present ever omg

18 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

Audio Equipment (So we don't leave out IronFilm)

Haha! I selected more than just that! 

Also wish for an EVA1 and a complete lighting kit. 

14 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

@IronFilm Audio is the only one that hasn't been picked yet... It's up to you to defend the most overlooked part of filmmaking ;) 

I'm one of three votes for it now! :-D 

14 hours ago, JordanWright said:

Sigma 50-100

I'm a poor man who is struggling by with his Sigma 50-150mm instead :-( 
(as the 50-100mm had not even came out when I made my purchase)

And now I've decided to focus on audio instead, I doubt I'll be in a hurry to upgrade any time soon. 

Weirdly enough: the Panasonic G9 (or should the answer have been 'world peace'? :grimace: ). Already have the GH5, but I think it's a good time to ditch the D5300, E-M1 and G80 now to take the G9 with that supposedly insane EVF and stills improvement, as well as hybrid (bit of video/B cam) capability; especially as it has 6.5 stops of sensor stabilization (another reason I couldn't jump onto the X-T2/X-Pro2 train right now: no sensor stabilization in the Fuji line-up (yet)). USB charging too. During black friday cyber monday sales I picked up a Ricoh GRII already as well, for more casual streetphotography-esque stills (but I'm waiting for a special dust cap (and thumb grip) to arrive before I'm gonna lug it around; the dust scare is real), but having a vast MFT collection, the E-M1 starting to get old and D5300 a bit unpleasant to use... a dedicated interchangeable lens camera for stills might be just the thing right now. I'd gotten the G80 before, because next to the GX80 it was one of the first doing sensor stabilization during video recording. Yet now with the GH5 and especially if I were to get the G9... it has pretty much become obsolete to me, it's pretty much only smaller and lighter... but more so is the GX80 already (which I think is still an awesome casual hybrid camera that's compact to pair with tiny lenses like the Leica 15mm f/1.7 or Olympus 17mm f/1.8).

I would say that I'd be tempted to trade in the GH5 against a GH5s at a later stage if the rumors are true. I prefer to use tools that are built for a certain task, rather than something that does alright at a little bit of everything (of course for some that's the role a tool might need to fulfil), so I'm not really opposed to going that route. I doubt C-AF and lowlight is vastly improved... which I'm okay with. But they say the G9 can't do certain video things, because they've optimized it for stills... so what if you pulled a switcheroo and completely dedicate infrastructure and processing to..: video. With improved hardware and then processing you could get superb detail, colors and especially a huge dynamic range that's more filmlike than anything we've ever seen before from a 4/3" sensor (I think the BMPCC was a great example, that had complete disregard regarding stills and focused to create a pocked cinema camera with awesome filmlike footage (in ProRes and RAW DNG even!)... so I tend to imagine the GH5s possibly being that, but 4K capable and in a much nicer and practical camera body for that task). But maybe like the GH5, we'll get an announcement in due time that keeps us from buying a Sony/Canon/Fujifilm/etc... and only release the camera like half a year later with the final specifications. So that's more like something that might make the 2018 wishlist...

-- thing with Panasonic is... they always know how to lure you in...

hnb69Ei.jpg

Deal ends today... typical. Well, Santa, you know what to do.

~ https://www.panasonic.com/de/consumer/foto-video/tipps-aktionen/lumix-g-dslm/lumixg9-zugabe.html