One lens for life...

Snowfun

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Guys, just pick 1 lens!

I noticed a lot of cheating had been going on :-o 

Makes it so so much easier if I could just pick one lens per mount! haha

12 hours ago, noone said:

Wait, 9.

Wait, 10.

Just now, IronFilm said:

Wait, 10.

Too late. 
I meant 100.

Shallow DOF doesn’t have any drawbacks in of itself. It depends on the intended effect and the technical contingencies. 

Also, you might find your aperture control affects your depth of field more than sensor size. Try it.

And, yes, historically, video camera sensors have been increasing in size. Right now it’s at super 35mm, which wasn’t a standard a decade ago (Red One came out 10 years ago).

Alexa 65 and Red 8k are already full frame. It’s definitely going to happen in less than 10 years, and on the horizon are medium format sensors.

21 minutes ago, independent said:

Shallow DOF doesn’t have any drawbacks in of itself. It depends on the intended effect and the technical contingencies. 

Also, you might find your aperture control affects your depth of field more than sensor size. Try it.

And, yes, historically, video camera sensors have been increasing in size. Right now it’s at super 35mm, which wasn’t a standard a decade ago (Red One came out 10 years ago).

Alexa 65 and Red 8k are already full frame. It’s definitely going to happen in less than 10 years, and on the horizon are medium format sensors.

F11 on my MF digital back still has quite a shallow DOF compared to my smaller sensor cameras and means I have to shoot with high ISO or only in bright light - any advice on how I can resolve this now and in the future ?

3 hours ago, Shirozina said:

F11 on my MF digital back still has quite a shallow DOF compared to my smaller sensor cameras and means I have to shoot with high ISO or only in bright light - any advice on how I can resolve this now and in the future ?

Sure, use a longer distance to subject.

You will be at infinity even with a fast lens wide open (regardless of the format).

Fast lenses are nice to have but they don't have to be used wide open.

5 hours ago, independent said:

Lol! You really think s35 was a standard created by Red? It was a standard film size for decades before that! DECADES.

And ask your focus puller whether micro four thirds is easier to pull focus on than full frame. Go ahead, I'll wait.

5 hours ago, noone said:

Sure, use a longer distance to subject.

You will be at infinity even with a fast lens wide open (regardless of the format).

Fast lenses are nice to have but they don't have to be used wide open.

So I'm shooting an interior - how can I increase the subject distance without knocking down walls?

17 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

So I'm shooting an interior - how can I increase the subject distance without knocking down walls?

Use a shorter lens?

Use a tilt shift lens and tilt (or camera movements if your MF camera allows)?

4 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Lol! You really think s35 was a standard created by Red? It was a standard film size for decades before that! DECADES.

And ask your focus puller whether micro four thirds is easier to pull focus on than full frame. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Keep your panties on. The question was video not film. Reading comprehension is tough, I know. Third grade was tough, but I made it.

I don’t ask my focus puller shit. We both know how to work within technical constraints. The issue in question is whether full frame digital will be a standard. I’m saying yes. It doesn’t even matter if I get to be right...because it’s happening. The argument is over. Also nobody cares about m43. If you work with it, great. But no, it’s not a standard right now. Get over it. 

15 hours ago, independent said:

Keep your panties on. The question was video not film. Reading comprehension is tough, I know. Third grade was tough, but I made it.

I don’t ask my focus puller shit. We both know how to work within technical constraints. The issue in question is whether full frame digital will be a standard. I’m saying yes. It doesn’t even matter if I get to be right...because it’s happening. The argument is over. Also nobody cares about m43. If you work with it, great. But no, it’s not a standard right now. Get over it. 

Keep your delusions in check - 'full frame' is just another format and not a new standard.

9 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Keep your delusions in check - 'full frame' is just another format and not a new standard.

Again, reading comprehension: I said “Will be.” I don’t need to repeat all the reasons why I think it will; just read these posts a couple times before responding.

Also, how is it that you have a medium format camera? Damn, what a waste.