Tito Ferradans

The Diopter Thread.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:00 AM, Rikoshet said:

Is it possible to put the single focus element not in front of anamorphic lens BUT between the taking lens and anamorphic. It would be easier for focus pulling and matte box usage.

Thank you!

nope. that's not how the optics work. ;)

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/27/2019 at 6:00 AM, Rikoshet said:

Tito, asking, you're a guru! Is it possible to put the single focus element not in front of anamorphic lens BUT between the taking lens and anamorphic. It would be easier for focus pulling and matte box usage.

Thank you!

Heya! No, that won't work because optics don't work that way. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DIGICHombre
      eBay Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112426475899?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
      Superb close focus lens filter / diopter. Size 72mm filter thread. Increases minimum focus distance in front of lens. Same result as a macro lens or macro extension tube. Purchased 2, selling 2. Both in excellent condition. No scratches or dings. Threads perfectly in tact.
      These are the non-bayonet A9FB version, that come in 72mm filter size. 
      I sought this filter out specifically for shooting video on modified anamorphic lens adapters. Vintage anamorphic lenses typically are handicapped by close focus distances of over 1 meter or more. Stacking 1 or more close-up diopters on the end of your anamorphic can decrease this minimum focus distance. Stacking multiple diopters on top of one another will minimize this close-up focus distance even further, without noticeable distortion.
      +1 lens filter equals roughly .8 meter minimum focus distance.
      +2 lens filter equals roughly .5 meter minimum focus distance.
      These are also wide & slim enough o they don't produce a dark vignette in the edge of the frame. I used step-up/step-down rings to mount to my lens.
      *Be aware you won't be able to rack focus very far, or focus to infinity with this on. It is not a one size fits all solution.
      I'm told these adapters replicate what a Tokina +.4 achromat diopter can do at much less the price.
      Payment via PayPal only. Questions welcome.

• By EnzoNgu
      Hi Guys,
                   I'm looking to purchase a set of Voigtlander 95mm Focar A or B diopters to use with an Iscorama 54. Hoping someone has a set for sale as Ebay hasn't listed any lately. I just joined the forum after reading the posts for quite some time. Thanks in advance.
      -Enzo
    • By brianmcall
      Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a Helios 44m-7 lens.  I don't trust ebay with this lens as it looks like most are switched plate fakes, unless you know of a reputable seller with one.  Also looking to pick up a Tokina +0.4 Diopter, if anyone would like to part with theirs.  Thanks!
    • By Sean Keen
      Selling some lomo and foton diopters, photos  on request 

• By harharj
      Can some explain to me why +0.4 and +0.5 diopters are more desirable than +1 diopters? Are +1 diopters terrible? I would assume using +1 would grant the user the the option of being able to shoot at the distance a +0.5 allows and closer since its +1. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the pros and cons of each diopter strength.