Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

6 hours ago, Grimor said:

It's like a "hide a seek" game with panasonic guys.

Again, awesome findings you make, seens you are one step forward!

Mp4ed mistery solved!

And now if someone have an FZ2500 and can upload any 1080p 200/100mbps 25p .mov footage we can try to repair headers from my files.

Screenshot_2017-06-05-11-20-11.jpg

I'll have a look to see if I have any cards with footage. I don't edit natively and transcode to ProRes for storage and edit. I then usually erase the card, but I may have one lying around. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The only nagging thing I have about it that might be worth trying is to set the region using the octopus boot up method to Japan. It is in no way guaranteed or expected but neither is it beyond the bounds of possibility that for its own domestic market, Panasonic may have additional functionality. 

You might be right. It could very well result in being a purely cosmetic thing.

BTW, my GX7 has already been switched region via the octopus method. Not sure how important it is, but my GX7 has already unlimited recording as I've bought it from Hong-Kong. The region switching has only brought 60p and 30p option.

38 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I would do if it didn't clearly identify the camera shop I did this in.

It was a bit of a cheeky thing to be doing so I'd rather not put it up. 

You are going to have to trust me on this one though that hacking the files together is not likely to bring any joy. Even if they could be persuaded to play more than just black (which in itself was a bit of effort that you don't really want to be going to anyway) then just the file sizes alone will tell you that what its recording is probably not 200mbps. 

Ok then.

Octopus boot, lol!!!????

Vitaliy Kiselev said there are a lot similarities between GH4, GX80 and G80 LSI. (Firmware research)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/226982#Comment_226982

10 hours ago, jonpais said:

I just shot this with direct light hitting the lens, zebras filled the window to the left, mixed daylight/tungsten. Lumix G85, CineLike D, ISO 800, Leica DG Summilux at f/1.4, SOOC.

Edit: Incidentally, the footage at ISO 800 is noisy as f***, I'd never go beyond that with the G85.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 2.17.11 PM.png

Not to jump off topic but the rendering of that lens is amazing. Def want to see this still graded because the microcontrast of the lens is bringing new life to cined flat footage wow

20 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Now, I think that is a very interesting little function that people could be able to manipulate to create some profiles that are more akin to other manufacturers favoured tones?

And when I say that the FZ2000 has got that Hue function, what I of course mean is that now we've all got it ;)

Big caveat here is that I have only tried this on the G7 as thats all that I've got to hand at the moment but it should work on the others too but please test it and let everyone know if it does or not for your camera.

Updated html file attached to enable it and I've used values that will get it going for you but please make your own experiments by just editing the last number in the command to shift it in the direction you want. I have no idea what the range is so I've set it at 5 either way so you can see the effect but tweak away until you find the end points! 

Enjoy and please report back if it works for your camera so everyone can share the results.

DEPLOY CINELIKE D AND V WITH HUE.html

Works with my GX80 firmware 1.2!!!

Thanks!!

BTM So is there possibility to alter hue on the fly (like sharpness-contrast etc) or only by altering the number in the command as you say?

• Super Members
57 minutes ago, Georgios said:

Works with my GX80 firmware 1.2!!!

Thanks!!

BTM So is there possibility to alter hue on the fly (like sharpness-contrast etc) or only by altering the number in the command as you say?

Yes, its an absolute value so you have to change it to a specific figure rather than just having a plus or minus button that you can hit.

And yes with it being a hidden function it won't show up on the camera screen to be edited.

Well, my forthcoming gadget will be able to do that way of course ...........

Here it is used on GX80 cinelike D,  GH5 (12-35) - wide angle, slow motion (cinelike D) , GX80 - Longer lens (pan 42.5 1,7 ) cinelike D 

GX80 shot - 0:34 , 1:16 ,  1:43 , 1:46 , 1:59 , 2:11 , 2:13 ,  2:16 , 2:21 , 2:42 , 2:44 , 2:45 , 3:15 ,  3:17 , 3:19 , 3:23 , 4:32 , 4:44

all shot on GX80 is handheld ,one hand, the other hand holds the gimbal with GH5 :-)

• Super Members

If you could find a GH4 that hasn't been upgraded then what I would be tempted to try is do the initial octopus boot up sequence and then go to the ROM backup menu that appears when you do this and do the backup to SD function.

Then get your updated GH4 and do the same and back its ROM up to SD.

These are plain text files though ideally you would open them both in a hex editor and do a compare between the old one and your upgraded one.

There might be a clue in there as to how you could do something that would allow the old firmware to be put on the GH4 with the newer one.....

Please note that I'm not in any way telling you to be brave and just go into the ROM backup menu and then load the file from the older version onto the GH4.

Its precisely the sort of reckless thing I would do of course ;)

Thank you for this!!!

I believe I found a better workaround for using the C1,C2,C3 custom functions, where you can:

- Save the CineD for use as an actual profile and
- Switch to other profiles normally

I was able to save the CineD profile into the custom slot by clicking the Disp.Save button while in the profile change window. This saved the profile as Custom and allows me to switch profiles now, but at same time I can still go back to CineD by going to the slot where Custom used to be, it still appears as Blank with Custom misaligned to the very left top on the screen :D

See the pic :) and check out the video I attached too.

20170607_033809.jpg

20170607_033823_1.mp4

• Super Members
23 minutes ago, livingcolor said:

Thank you for this!!!

I believe I found a better workaround for using the C1,C2,C3 custom functions, where you can:

- Save the CineD for use as an actual profile and
- Switch to other profiles normally

I was able to save the CineD profile into the custom slot by clicking the Disp.Save button while in the profile change window. This saved the profile as Custom and allows me to switch profiles now, but at same time I can still go back to CineD by going to the slot where Custom used to be, it still appears as Blank with Custom misaligned to the very left top on the screen :D

Yes, this is a perfectly valid way to do it.

However, for me, I also felt it was much easier to accidentally overwrite when using other profiles and mean you have to fire up a computer or smartphone to redeploy if you want Cinelike D back. Depending on where you are when you do this, it may not always be that practical and certainly not fast to do that.

This is true of using the C functions as well of course but its a far more deliberate process to overwrite those as you need to go and navigate through the menus to get there and do that so I felt it was a bit safer.

You could certainly use both approaches though and just save Cinelike D into the custom profile slot (along with any tweaks of its additional parameters as you would do using that function with the other profiles)and also save it in its flat format into C1 so if you did overwrite it then you could get it back easily.

And that approach definitely saves having to use an additional C slot too.

9 minutes ago, zsound said:

Hi everybody, my english isn't perfect i'm not sure to have understand everything. Is there someone can resume for each Pana models witch function has been unlocked?

Thanks in advance

By the moment Cine profiles for Gx80 and Lx100.

Some others funtions can be unlocked as well.

If you have a different model try to send commands to the camera and make some kind of collaboration

Hi all! 
Thanks for the work you've done! Ready to participate in all tests

My camera G7, I am use this html file DEPLOY VIDEO QUALITY.html and my camera for video quality returns err_parm by all link.
VLOG G - err_parm;
VLOG Gamma - place standart profile;
VLOG L - err_parm.

Cinelike D/V normal switch. 

I also attach my file "Options available" dump_G7.xml  

• Super Members
58 minutes ago, Octofocus said:

Hi all! 
Thanks for the work you've done! Ready to participate in all tests

My camera G7, I am use this html file DEPLOY VIDEO QUALITY.html and my camera for video quality returns err_parm by all link.
VLOG G - err_parm;
VLOG Gamma - place standart profile;
VLOG L - err_parm.

Cinelike D/V normal switch. 

I also attach my file "Options available" dump_G7.xml  

Yes those would be expected to fail at the moment.

There is some combination of video quality switch that puts the camera into an interesting runaway recording mode that could do with some structured testing if you have the inclination?

It basically needs testing in the following way

1) Put the camera into a 'legal' mode such as 4K25p

2) Use that html file to switch to the first mode in its list

3) Observe the return from the camera in the browser

4) If it says OK then press record on the camera and then stop again.

If you get a runaway recording that needs the battery pulling then repeat from the starting point which combination it was.

Unfortunately, to be comprehensive this test needs to be repeated for every single format in that html file.

And then ALL of that repeated with the starting point in step 1 being the next 'legal' format (ie 4K24p).

And then ALL of the ALL being repeated with it being in AVCHD mode and all its legal formats.

Because selecting a non-AVCHD format being sent to it causes it to change mode automatically, you still need to do all of the non-AVCHD modes and vice versa as it might well be this entire switching of mode that triggers something interesting.

That is a LOT of tests with not anywhere near approaching a guarantee of it working.

But its exactly this sort of structured matrix of tests that needs doing if everyone wants to chase this down. Stumbling upon it is fine - and shows that maybe there is something there - but it needs to be repeatable to move forward and also exhaustive in case there is a combination that takes this from 'interesting' to 'usable'.

Because of the extent of the testing needed, my advice would be to split it up amongst interested parties so someone takes the 4K25p starting point, someone else takes the 4K24p starting point etc