GH5 180fps Clips for Download

Neumann Films

21 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Why would they not allow 40Mbps for the 180fps this is ridiculous :( Probably a cripple for their Cine cameras..

I don't know if I would go that far...could simply be something that they will work on via firmware before launch (remember...pre production model).  Could be something that you will see unlocked via external recorder. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
59 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

Looks great! I think it's so funny how far cameras have come in 5 years, yet the complaints compound even more. "Yeah it's HD 180 frames per second in a handheld camera with a 5 axis stabilizer, but....." :)

Hahaha, too true.  At this point...it's got what you need.  Buy it, shoot with it, stop worrying about it.  Hell, I would say we have been there for a year or two now.  

17 hours ago, SuperSet said:

It's a little early but just playing with those clips a bit more, I'm really not that happy with the colors. This reminds me of my GH4 and my struggles getting really good color out of it. It's a little better than my Sony A7s and 6300 but not as good as the Samsung NX1. 

This is another case where a c100 in a lot of situations is just going to look better. It will be just as sharp in 1080 and render better skin tones and overall scene colors. 

Don't get me wrong, I pre-ordered one and I am excited about it, but it seems like every clip still has that GH4 look. 

27 minutes ago, SuperSet said:

Ok, got some sleep and dug out the VLogL to Rec709 LUT from IWLTBAP for another shot at grading.  It looks much better now than my previous amateurish attempts.

But it would be nice if Panasonic worked on the VFR bit rate a bit more.  

Still, I'm back on board this GH5 train. Choo choo.

Sometimes a fresh set of eyes or a break is what you need to "see it as the audience" (which should be the goal)

6 hours ago, BenEricson said:

This is another case where a c100 in a lot of situations is just going to look better. It will be just as sharp in 1080 and render better skin tones and overall scene colors. 

Yeah I feel the same. Like I have said before, I just like the C100 Camcorder style body way more than a DSLR style one. Going to pass on a GH5 I think. Just keep my Pana G7 if I want 4k stuff and buy a C100..