Andrew Reid

Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

5 hours ago, Chrad said:

Voigtlander primes

SLR magic primes

Kowa primes

Olympus Pro zooms and primes

Olympus 17mm and 12mm

Would they be in order of their preference?

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

On manual lenses realm, you won't have access to touchscreen focus... The best workaround to full AF IMO.

No idea if with SB + Sigma 18-35 on Canon side, you have it or not, though.

To af and touch af I have Panasonic 12-35 Mk1, is the one I plan to use in my Crane or run and shot.

I would like something to start to manual focus, with the panasonic I find it a hell, I do not know if the sigma would improve the focus by wire for panasonic. The option of Veydra or Rokinon / samyang Cinema is to have a prime with a repeatable focus for video.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, eltorrete said:

Would they be in order of their preference?

I only own Voigtlanders at the moment and love them but I've used SLR magic and also really like them.

The Olympus lenses I mentioned are interesting because they have auto focus and repeatable manual focus with hard stops.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:46 AM, Zak Forsman said:

if the BMPCC speedbooster fits, like it does on the GH4 for those brave enough to try it, that'll get you to a 1.10x crop.

Has anyone tried this yet? BMPCC speedbooster on GH5?

regarding dynamic range- when a challenging backlit shot presents itself i go to idynamic high. seems to see into the shadows by a few extra stops.

happens a lot with real estate where i am trying to hold the sky and the building.

anyone have any reason not to do this?

44 minutes ago, Matt Holder said:

regarding dynamic range- when a challenging backlit shot presents itself i go to idynamic high. seems to see into the shadows by a few extra stops.

happens a lot with real estate where i am trying to hold the sky and the building.

I'm getting a refusal to take a photo on this scene unless I turn af off. 

IMG_20170418_125028.jpg

5 hours ago, Matt Holder said:

On the GH4 it was just ugly pushing shadow areas to midtones with lots of noise and strange noise reduction...

7 hours ago, funkyou86 said:

To everyone who already activated V-log:

Have you tried to tweak your GH5's picture profile with the James Miller (like) settings? I tried to use a similar setting on my GH4, but it was a mess. Now, that the GH5's got 10bit, can you increase the dynamic range just by tweaking the camera settings?

Thanks!

what are his settings? i bought his lut pack still testing it out. does anyone know the name of his lut where he films his wife in, theres so many luts to sort through

Firmware 1.1 just announced, releases April 24th. Includes:

-10-bit 4:2:2 in 1080p

-4:3 anamorphic mode (3398x2496), also in 10-bit 4:2:2

-exposure adjustment problem in VFR mode (I'm guessing this is the darker screen when using shutter angle)

-V-Log high-ISO ghosting problems (doesn't this happen in normal profiles too? Hope this addresses that too)

9 hours ago, arson519 said:

what are his settings? i bought his lut pack still testing it out. does anyone know the name of his lut where he films his wife in, theres so many luts to sort through

I meant these settings, "pseudo log" using master pedestal level, etc. 

1 hour ago, aldolega said:

-exposure adjustment problem in VFR mode (I'm guessing this is the darker screen when using shutter angle)

-V-Log high-ISO ghosting problems (doesn't this happen in normal profiles too? Hope this addresses that too)

Two things I noticed this weekend: Current timelapse photo count does not show on screen during capture. Exposure zebras disappear when exposure compensation is being changed. 

11 hours ago, aldolega said:

That's great that they are pumping out firmware so soon after the release.  

I'm guessing they'll fix the autofocus problems later in the summer, though?  Can they afford to wait that long as that might affect sales.