TERRA 6K Footage

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/10/2016 at 3:25 PM, Fritz Pierre said:

My next camera...been waiting for this for a while...and a GH5 as B cam and handheld...unlike most interest I see online though, I want the 6K...

The Terra body is so crazily small you can easily shoot handheld with it.

24 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

The Terra body is so crazily small you can easily shoot handheld with it.

Agreed...but if the GH5 gets IBIS and internal 10bit 4:2:2...and a little mass added, it will make for some ideal shoulder mount work...I like the look of the GX85 better than a gimble...not a fan of the floating look of a gimble...where as the Terra6k on rails or sticks or crane will be beautiful when rock solid...lot of image there...just a matter of my personal taste though, and I have to say these are 2 cameras that have me excited for the first time in a while...2 very exciting releases and looking at the grades that DBounce pushed, this is an amazing cam!

On 9/9/2016 at 1:24 PM, Hanriverprod said:

I didn't mean to sound negative on the footage or the camera, in fact, I'm excited that another small company is putting these cameras out there.  Good times for indie filmmakers!

Your first post was fine and i completely understood it. Sorry for the confusion.

Back at my desktop I gave it another try. Just love to grade this footage!

terra_grade-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok couldn't help but post my grade too... I'm not trying to start a competition and certainly open to criticism myself but some of the grades posted of this so far might not be showing it in the best light (except the grade from @Geoff CB which is gorgeous - I'm not that good!).

As a GH4 user this was just a dream to grade in Premiere Pro CC with Lumetri colour, I loaded a LUT called  AlexaV3_K1S1_LogC2Video_DCIP3_EE and then did some simple tweaking to highlights, shadows, contrast, saturation and minor adjustment to curves. I really pushed the saturation which might be too much for some peoples liking and usually mine too but it helped to naturally warm up the image a bit with some of the more subtle warmth in the skin tones that was otherwise hidden.

After grading GH4 footage for years this is going to ruin me forever! I might be upgrading to a Terra instead o a GH5! (though having both as some have mentioned would be quite complimentary for different uses). The background wall is naturally quite purple so if I were to go further I would be trying to reduce that as it gives the overall picture and foreground a magenta feel by association even though it's not.

PRJ-0001-006-A1-48A3.00_00_00_00.Still004.jpg

As always happens you look back at what you posted and don't like it... so here's an improved attempt using the 'actual' LUT provided in the download... instead of an Alexa LUT on the post above. Much cleaner looking! Ok I'll stop now... apologies if I'm breaking any guidelines I'm new around here :)

I've rendered it to 1920 x 800 (just MP4 H.264) and uploaded it here if anyone wants to see it in motion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/412n0gbo3axj04b/PRJ-0001-006-A1-48A3.mp4?dl=0

PRJ-0001-006-A1-48A3.00_00_00_00.Still008.jpg

On 26/09/2016 at 6:11 AM, neosushi said:

So this camera has been shipping for almost a month and this is the only image we got to see ? Something is really OFF. 

Pros are working with this camera. Why would a pro without a blog or YouTube channel waste their time producing content, that will not earn them as much as they could working, post samples?

And yet at the same time, very few pros are working with this camera. Why would you buy when you can rent or have local support. What the fuck do you do if this camera breaks during a show and you have to send it back to just a mere handful of global repair centers.

This is a sensor in a box time cinema camera. What's there to look for at someone else's footage? In mixed and low light it'll preform as bad as a DSLR and anything well graded and lit will be lambasted for being achievable with any other camera.

I think that Yihua did not say the whole truth and they are shipping but for testing, and it is not ready. When in April he was saying it would be ready for May-June was it realistic? At the end I think their clients patience will be compensate and the camera roks but meanwhile I've bought an ursa mini 4.6 and I'm very happy

On 9/26/2016 at 11:11 PM, neosushi said:

So this camera has been shipping for almost a month and this is the only image we got to see ? Something is really OFF. 

It is generally more just hobbyists who have the time and interest to make video tests to share online with others like themselves.

Plus Kinefinity is focused on first meeting local demand, will take longer before many people in the western world get and use their newest cameras.

36 minutes ago, icarrere said:

At the end I think their clients patience will be compensate and the camera roks but meanwhile I've bought an ursa mini 4.6 and I'm very happy

Yeah if you need a camera ASAP then get an URSA Mini 4.6K / Sony FS5, otherwise be patient and see what happens with the Kinefinity Terra 5K :)

• 4 weeks later...

More Terra 6K footage was just posted to the Kinefinity Facebook group. I could do without the watermark, but here are the links - viewable in 4K. And more downloadable clips (no watermark):

One of TERRA 6K owners in China shared a simple shot on landscape in autumn. It shows color and details of TERRA 6K at natural lighting. Here is video link

http://www.gaiamount.com/video/11687

And some clips shot as ProRes 4K shared on dropbox as following link:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7n2udsq3895y9zj/AAD7ZubfQ2jjY0GtHPBD51LWa?dl=0

On 26/10/2016 at 4:32 AM, Raafi Rivero said:

[snip] ...here are the links - viewable in 4K. And more downloadable clips (no watermark):

Thanks for sharing.

It's incredible strong footage, you just have to look at the histogram. Even after torturing it doesn't fall apart.

terra_6k_histogram.jpg

It's almost a punishment to get back to GH4 footage after playing what comes from the terra. Luckilly the BMPCC gives a bit of the terra feel

terra_6K_ooc.jpg

terra_6k_01.jpg

terra_6k_02.jpg

terra_6k_03.jpg

terra_6k_04.jpg

• 1 month later...