DJI Pocket 3?

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

@markr041 How have you found D-Log also going basically along 4K 120fps BTW?

And compartively with GoPro Hero 12 for same frame rate other than low light shooting?

No D-Log option for 4K 120P.

It seems to me the Hero 12 (11) has greater dynamic range using G-log (which is available at all frame rates and resolutions) than the Pocket 3 D-Log.  At least the Hero 12 handles highlights better. I am now shooting the Pocket 3 with EV -.3 now to try to improve the preservation of highlights.

No D-log in 4K120p is a joke and deal breaker. Was planning on buying it to use exclusively as a slow mo wide angle gimbal cam.
Wish it had M43 sensor and 4K240p as well. 

Why is there essentially no 4K240 camera on the market except specialized tools? Is processing power in November 2023 the same as 5 years ago when 4K120p was already here? I don’t think so.

Why is DJI not making a compact pro Osmo? Something with the IQ of a GH6 with M43 sensor and interchangeable lenses and all the modern features (good AF, 4k120…) and that’s very compact? 

DJI kills everyone else in the drone market I wish they invested more in the regular camera market or at least gimbal camera market.

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

No D-log in 4K120p is a joke and deal breaker. Was planning on buying it to use exclusively as a slow mo wide angle gimbal cam.
Wish it had M43 sensor and 4K240p as well. 

Why is there essentially no 4K240 camera on the market except specialized tools? Is processing power in November 2023 the same as 5 years ago when 4K120p was already here? I don’t think so.

Yes there is only a few limited options for 4k240 .... RED and Blackmagic have models but are heavy crop, Freefly Ember but it is very specialized and expensive.

If you have a sharp and high shutter speed image at 4k 120fps to start with Davinci Resolve 18 with retime: OpticalFlow and motion estimation: Speed Wrap, does a quite good job interpolating frames, here a complex background and movement example that I tried a couple of weeks a ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5gxj6KVBoY

Look at the horse tail for me is quite impressive.

I am still concerned by the audio (not relevant for this video, which is just for Happy Halloween), with the internal-mic audio sounding odd.

For the internal mics, there is no control of gain. For any external mic, however, there is. And any usb-c mic will work even in stereo (I tried one), and with an external mic you see audio meter bars on the screen by which to check and set audio levels. It also seems that any usb-c to female 3.5" converter cable will also work so one can use wired standard mics with unbalanced connectors with the camera, unlike for the GoPro's.

Finally, you can use two DJI wireless mic2's to record in stereo, if you can purchase a second DJI mic2. So, interviewer and interviewee mic'ed up wirelessly with 32bit float recorded on each "mic" as backup.

So, the audio is actually a big focus for the camera, but I do not understand why the double standard, internal and external.

Should say that it is the 1st Osmo Pocket that got my attention. The 1 inch sensor look a huge upgrade on low light.

Still think that the images looks oversharpened - but I guess that one of the clip-on filters is a black mist-alike, could make it a little less edgy. And someone (Moment?) could do a magnetic tele adapter, could be interesting.

Still prefer my camera (the X-S20 with a Scorp Mini gimbal does not attract much attention), but the portability and the convenience of this new Pocket is amazing.

Looking for good 24p footage.

The internal audio has horrible digital hash in the background, and has no manual level control.

The external mic audio, however, is not bad and has a manual gain control. Here's a test: with live music and sounds:

SonicPresence SP15C Binaural Stereo USB-C mic. 4K 60P, HLG.

Jazz trios, solo guitar, tap dancing, typing, compressor, fountain.

18 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Overheating tests chart with and without the battery handle:

1978690328_OsmoPocket3Prooverheating.thumb.jpg.e806b56bb45a6c673019cedbc8f8dc35.jpg

source

Ambient temperature was 30C/86F which isn't a real stress-test but is better than the stupid people that test these things practically in the freezer, either to game the results because they're dishonest or because they're too stupid to realise that there are warm countries on earth too.