Sign in to follow this  
ARThompsn

Need Some Panasonic GH3 Lens Advise

Hello!

I recently picked up a GH3 and am wondering what lens setup to purchase.

I have done some research and am thinking about these two options.

1. Metabones Speedbooster with a Sigma 30mm 1.4 II (Nikon Mount) as I had the old Sigma 30mm 1.4 on my 550D and loved it! 

2. Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 and the SLR Magic 12mm f1.6.

Would love to know what you guys think!

Thanks  :)

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

the Sigma is a superb lens I use mine alot , Im not a fan of f0.95 lenses as they all tend to be soft fully open (unusable in my book so whats the point for paying top $$)

Speed boosters are very very useful I have 3 in different mounts and I now dont ever shoot wiith out them on my Panasonics

I think it starts with you wanting native lenses or not; if size and weight is an issue (for instance, if you want to put it on a stabiliser or an aerial vehicle). Option 1 is perfectly fine if you intend to get other lenses with it. The speed booster isn't cheap, but its value goes up with each adapted lens you add to your toolbox.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By petertom
      Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E Mount On Ebay
      Price: $379.00
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sigma-16mm-f-1-4-DC-DN-Contemporary-Lens-for-Sony-E-Mount/303539800421?

• By Dave Reeve
      What are the best smartphone lenses out there and are there any decent optics tests online? I know brands like Moment lead the way (perhaps with their marketing) but are there better options for an iPhone 11? Looking for quality over price although of course when it comes down to it price will be a concern. Thanks.
    • By mnewxcv
      looking to sell my nx 16-50s lens. Good condition overall, link at the bottom with pics and description in my ebay listing. Will see to an EOS member with good feedback for $600 shipped via paypal OBO, USA shipping.

pics can be seen on my ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174229807044
    • By beeldlab
      Years ago, Tahnee was in a wheelchair and doctors told her she would never be able to dance again. Now she is one of the world's most talented dancers and choreographers.
      https://vimeo.com/394412259

• By thebrothersthre3
      $1700 shipped open to offers
      Looking to sell my GH5(mint condition), with battery grip, along with a metabones speedbooster, and three Minolta lenses. Also comes with 4 batteries.

The lenses are 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, and 50mm 1.4
      The Battery grip is a great addition, letting you record continuously for at least 3 hours straight. The image coming out of the GH5 is pretty amazing. Incredibly detailed image, free from moire and aliasing. The IBIS is amazing allowing you to shoot handheld without any shake. The speedbooster gives you a S35 field of view and an extra stop of light. Combined with the fast minolta glass you can get some really nice images at 3200 iso in low light. The minolta lenses give the image a cinematic feel. The 35mm 1.8 is especially nice being very sharp wide open. The GH5 allows you to crop in to get more reach out of the lenses too.
      Selling because I recently purchased an URSA mini and already have two Fuji cameras. This was my second time purchasing a GH5 and I'll probably be back to it at some point, but alas this one has to go for now. The GH5 is like the ultimate run and gun camera, at least for the price.