Sign in to follow this  
sora90

Industar 61 L/D 50 mm F/2.8 Won't Focus

I just purchased an Industar 61 50 mm lens for my GH2 off of Craigslist. I have the right adapter it fits perfectly; yet, when I just tried to test it out (in my bedroom at night) nothing would come into focus. Please keep in mind I'm a novice learning my tools.

I've read that this lens when wide open can be rather soft and isn't fast enough for indoors; yet, I didn't realize how this was connected to focus. Do you think this is the issue here? Not something wrong with the lens itself. Regardless I'll be testing it out tomorrow in daylight and have a better idea. Would appreciate any insight and lessons from your expertise!

Thank you! :)

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

go into the menu on the gh2 and turn on 'shoot without lens ' which you need on for a manual focus lens on the gh2

this stops the camera hunting for a fly by wire panasonic electric lens  when you have fitted a manual lens onto the camera

then focus the lens by turning the focusing ring , you can use the x10 focus assist to zoom in and check your focus is correct

just push in the wheel on the back with your thumb this activates x10 zoom in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Thecryptolounge
      Rarely used this bad boy, mainly bought it for my wedding a couple years back. Other than that it’s in great condition. Will sell it with the battery and the 32GB SD.
      Askig: $700

• By Martin Facci
      Selling Panasonic GH5s
      It's almost new. 
      Only used on a few works as a B Camera. Really well taken care off.
      It includes original box, manuals and everything that comes with it.
      The price also includes.
      - Tilta Cage with baseplate and top handle
      - 3x Battery
      - 2x Charger
      - 2x DC-Coupler D-TAP
      Retail New Price 2700€ / OBO
      Selling Price 1900€ / OBO
      Ships from Spain, preferly to Europe but could send Worldwide if sellers pays the free
      Pics here:
      https://imgur.com/a/nUtmJZV
      More info or photos to
      [email protected]

• By dia3olik
      Perfectly working and in good conditions!
      Ready for Magic Lantern which produces some of the best images ever for 1080P imho...FULL FRAME RAW with Canon Colors as a base!
      Included in price:
      - Genuine Canon BG-E11 Battery Grip
      - A very fast Kingston USB3 CF Reader
      - 2x 64GB ML certified Compact Flash cards!
      Asking price is 1500€ for EVERYTHING ! ! ! !
      I can include also some LP-E6 Batteries and a charger eventually for a good price if needed!
      I also have a gorgeous Wooden Camera Cage and handles and other aks to further complete the kit.
      I can ship in Europe with UPS splitting the price with the buyer.
      Payment with IBAN or PayPal (adding the fees), or in person pickup in Bologna, Italy totally welcomed! 😉

• By wherezelig
      Selling a excellent condition 5D Mark III with Canon 50mm f1.8, battery grip with hand strap, 5 batteries, AC wall adapter, 3 CF cards, and 2 chargers. The 5D has Magic Lantern preinstalled for RAW shooting and upgraded operating system. I can also remove the Magic Lantern if need be. The camera is only 2 years old, has been mainly used in a studio setting shooting only video, and taken extremely great care of. It has less than 6,000 shutter count and is in like new condition. The Canon 50mm 1.8 is the hard to find older model with the better focus ring. The lens is in excellent condition, with no scratches, fungus, or oil on aperture blades. Set comes with 3 CF cards, a 64gig, and two 32gig cards.  $2000 OBO

• By Bozzie
      Panasonic GH2 + Flowmotion V2.02 Hack. Color Graded to taste. Download my BozGH2Pana_GT Film LUT for Panasonic GH2 Cameras HERE: https://bulentozdemirfilms.wordpress.com/downloads/bozgh2pana-gt-film-lut/
      Music: Ross Bugden - Dawn