Industar 61 L/D 50 mm F/2.8 Won't Focus

sora90

I just purchased an Industar 61 50 mm lens for my GH2 off of Craigslist. I have the right adapter it fits perfectly; yet, when I just tried to test it out (in my bedroom at night) nothing would come into focus. Please keep in mind I'm a novice learning my tools.

I've read that this lens when wide open can be rather soft and isn't fast enough for indoors; yet, I didn't realize how this was connected to focus. Do you think this is the issue here? Not something wrong with the lens itself. Regardless I'll be testing it out tomorrow in daylight and have a better idea. Would appreciate any insight and lessons from your expertise!

Thank you! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

go into the menu on the gh2 and turn on 'shoot without lens ' which you need on for a manual focus lens on the gh2

this stops the camera hunting for a fly by wire panasonic electric lens  when you have fitted a manual lens onto the camera

then focus the lens by turning the focusing ring , you can use the x10 focus assist to zoom in and check your focus is correct

just push in the wheel on the back with your thumb this activates x10 zoom in.