G85 IBIS Performace

mattpitts74

Hi Guys, 

I used my G85 yesterday for a short shoot for a charity at a school.  I shoot much of footage handheld and the IBIS was switched on as far as I'm aware, but when I got back to edit I found the footage seems more shakey than I was expecting.  As you can see from the video

Does this look normal or did I forget to switch the IBIS on?  No doubt the shake is magnified at the longer end of the lens. Also wondering if people use other stablizers with their Lumix cameras?

After watching this back I think I need more stabilization for this kind of work.  

I am using the 1st 12.35mm 2.8 lens 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
35 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Jitter. Normal shake without stabilization looks different and so does IBIS. Seems like the lens would not play well with your camera.

So what your saying is it looks like the IBSIS isn't actually working? Do you know if there has been a firmware update for the 1st 12-23mm 2.8 lens? I'm sure I heard talk of it last year when they released the GH5? 

• 3 weeks later...