Jump to content

Sigma Fp review and interview / Cinema DNG RAW


Andrew Reid
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, FHDcrew said:

Old post I know. But do you leave this little setup rigged when placed in your camera bag?  Do you leave the HDMI clamp in place?

Depending on the bag, I mostly leave it attached, but try to make sure it won't ever lean or take weight on the HDMI clamp. For the day I mentioned in that post, the setup was lens down in a satchel style bag, so all the weigh was on the lens.

as you can see in the second picture thuogh, the cable doesn't come out past the edge of the clamp, so if it was to rest on it's side, I don't think it would cause any damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
49 minutes ago, Alt Shoo said:

I keep both of mine rigged, only taking out the hdmi from the Atomos’s hdmi port during transport. I feel confident with the port protection that the SmallRig cage provides. 

Do you have a micro HDMI clamp on the FP?  On my Z6 I don’t, because I got worried and just unhook it each time I put it in the bag. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, FHDcrew said:

On my Nikon Z6 I mean. 

Mini is probably way more reliable than micro. On my FP the plan was to never remove the port or put any stress on it. I used a micro to full hdmi. The micro is secured into the camera cage and the full hdmi is also bolted to the cage. That allows for the least amount of stress being put onto the port. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TomTheDP said:

Mini is probably way more reliable than micro. On my FP the plan was to never remove the port or put any stress on it. I used a micro to full hdmi. The micro is secured into the camera cage and the full hdmi is also bolted to the cage. That allows for the least amount of stress being put onto the port. 

Agreed, if we can't have SDI or full-size HDMI, mini HDMI is the preferred option.  I work with a Panasonic G7 and 2 Panasonic FZ1000s for a live-stream setup.  The micro HDMI is just so fragile, i have the full-HDMI smallrig cage bolt on the FZ1000s.  The G7 as with you, is double-clamped.  And I just never ever touch the micro HDMI.  I notice mini HDMI, while not perfect and i still get a bit nervous, is 1000 times better than micro HDMI.  Honestly as long as you are careful and only run short cables to monitors i don't even think you need a clamp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FHDcrew said:

Agreed, if we can't have SDI or full-size HDMI, mini HDMI is the preferred option.  I work with a Panasonic G7 and 2 Panasonic FZ1000s for a live-stream setup.  The micro HDMI is just so fragile, i have the full-HDMI smallrig cage bolt on the FZ1000s.  The G7 as with you, is double-clamped.  And I just never ever touch the micro HDMI.  I notice mini HDMI, while not perfect and i still get a bit nervous, is 1000 times better than micro HDMI.  Honestly as long as you are careful and only run short cables to monitors i don't even think you need a clamp.

I don't have enough experience with mini to really say for sure as most cameras either go micro or full. Honestly micro should just be banned 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, FHDcrew said:

Do you have a micro HDMI clamp on the FP?  On my Z6 I don’t, because I got worried and just unhook it each time I put it in the bag. 

Yes there’s a clamp that I purchased from SmallRig when I first received the cameras. I haven’t seen that clamp again on the SmallRig catalog site, which is pretty odd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TomTheDP said:

I don't have enough experience with mini to really say for sure as most cameras either go micro or full. Honestly micro should just be banned 😅

All of the small hdmi ports should be banned on these types of tools. Sigma is calling this a cinema camera, which I agree because the images produced with it are exceptional, but to have non professional inputs on a device like this is an oxymoron. On a similar note, I actually use to think that the port at the side of the fp, used for the flash attachment, was going to be a peripheral port for more professional inputs. Maybe even a power boost to get higher frame rates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • EOSHD Pro Color 5 for All Sony cameras
    EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
    EOSHD Dynamic Range Enhancer for H.264/H.265
×
×
  • Create New...