Panasonic G9 £599 At Amazon

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
3 minutes ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Thanks, good price indeed. Hopefully it arrives before brexit ;)

Hopefully, the G9999 arrives before Brexit does.

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

Doh, sold out already.

Yeah, says September delivery when I put it in the basket.

If they can deliver them though at that point then its probably worth the wait for anyone who wants one.

Worth keeping an eye out for if they chop the price of the lens kit versions next.

Mayne they just trying to get rid of stock.

There are huge discounts in 80D kits also. It is almost a certainty that the 90D is coming.

Maybe the new good Sony is coming also, the X-H2 before Xmas, maybe a couple of new m43 cameras..X-T30 and a6400 and a lot of entry level FF cameras are dead cheap these days. M43 has to sell for significantly less to keep existing (except specialized video machines of course).

4 hours ago, Grimor said:

Does G9 have anamorphic modes or Vlog? Not sure if it's worth the upgrade from G80

No (it's a stills orientated camera, after all).

I own both the G80 and the G9 - compared to the G80 it has the 20M pixel sensor, better IBIS, no-extra-crop 4k at 24p/25p/30p/50p/60p, clean audio from the on-camera mics, really nice looking 1080p, a headphone socket, USB charging and dual SD card slots. It's also faster in operation. Only downsides are that it's larger and heavier, and (for me) the video record button is in a more awkward position - but I just programmed one of the front function buttons to do that instead, problem solved. One of the other front function buttons I use to control the 'IS lock' mode, which is just an amazing feature...

So yes, I think it's definitely worth the upgrade from the G80.

14 minutes ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

But looks like the same as G80, 150mbps 4k and 30 min limit.

See below, table from the manual for the UK version - 100 Mbps for 4k24p/25p/30p (30 minute limit), 150 for 4k50p/60p (10 minute limit)

So yes, same bitrates as the G80, but honestly at £600 it's a steal...

image.png.01f381384ec929dccc93a0ff98252336.png

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

If anyone gets one of these or already has one, just a bit of a beg that if you have an Android device then we are looking for a helpful guinea pig to try and see if it can be persuaded to take the GH5 video modes and the HLG profile.

I have been planning to try it sometime ?

19 minutes ago, ac6000cw said:

See below, table from the manual for the UK version - 100 Mbps for 4k24p/25p/30p (30 minute limit), 150 for 4k50p/60p (10 minute limit)

So yes, same bitrates as the G80, but honestly at £600 it's a steal...

image.png.01f381384ec929dccc93a0ff98252336.png

But if you have G80 already and can sell the body only for say 350_400 euros, it's a extra 300 euros for the upgrade... 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

Didn’t something like this happen with Prime Day. A few people got a EM1X for $99. 

They don't honour things like this. I once pre-ordered the Nikon Z6 £1000 too cheap on Amazon and they cancelled the entire order :)

Given the UK G9 body-only price is currently £950, and earlier in the year the UK cashback on it was £300 for a few weeks (when the body price was higher), £600 as limited period/limited stock promotional price is not out-of-line with that... I don't think it's been selling well, it started out as a £1400 body, then dropped fairly quickly to £1100-1200, then to £950 a month ago.