Strange Flares caused by taking lens with Iscorama 1.5x. Solutions??

Rcorrell

Hey guys,

This might have come up before, but I seem to be having a strange phenomenon while using any thrid party taking lens with my Iscorama pre 36.  The stock nikkon 2.8 fixed lens that came with the Isco doesn't display these "icicle" like artifacts from flaring. This happens with my Nikkon 50mm  f1.4, and my Helios 58mm 44-2m, and also some weird transparent vignetting happens with the iris blades on both.  I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening, and or have a possible solution for it.  

The picture below is with my Nikkon 50mm f1.4, very simular to the results of the helios.   

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had this or reverse vignetting as well. Its just the way the light is bouncing around the surfaces of the lens or in between the two of them. The only way I solved it was getting a custom helios taking lens from Rich here or DSO dog schidt optiks. The way he tested and made me custom rings for the lens was what did it. I dont get this issue anymore at all. Maybe there is a better solution but there is nothing like getting someone who also owns an iscorama to build and test out a proper taking lens for you.