currensheldon

NAB 2019 Predictions and Wishes

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Pocket4K is the closest thing to "perfection" - if one considers the editing suite license, the dual ISO sensor, the price and the mini XLR - but the lack of internal ND is a huge omission. We are still waiting for the one!

3 hours ago, Django said:

I think they will be milking this camera for another year or two (or until the competition offers better).. who else even has 4K RAW 120fps on their roadmap?

Only Red currently i can think of..

Z Cam E2 already does this. 

26 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Z Cam E2 already does this. 

.. not in RAW as far as i can tell.. sub-Super35 category also.

impressive little cine body though.. all these new Shenzen companies are really giving the cine market a good run for their money!

I've been putting some thought into this, and I'm thinking this might be a slow year for the major camera companies as they all focus on their new Full Frame mirrorless offerings. I think the most interesting announcements this year might come from some of the smaller companies. From the big dogs, maybe we'll get a true G85 successor announced, giving us a preview of what to expect in a GH6? 

I expect more info on the GH6, and even the A7Siii to start trickling out towards the end of the year instead of NAB. 

I think we'll see more budget gear announced from some of the larger companies, re: lighting, monitors, mics, etc. Atomos coming out with a lower priced monitor I think is an example that those companies are starting to take note of the budget offerings that are out there. The quality and price is hard to ignore.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, newfoundmass said:

I've been putting some thought into this, and I'm thinking this might be a slow year for the major camera companies as they all focus on their new Full Frame mirrorless offerings. I think the most interesting announcements this year might come from some of the smaller companies. From the big dogs, maybe we'll get a true G85 successor announced, giving us a preview of what to expect in a GH6? 

I expect more info on the GH6, and even the A7Siii to start trickling out towards the end of the year instead of NAB. 

I think we'll see more budget gear announced from some of the larger companies, re: lighting, monitors, mics, etc. Atomos coming out with a lower priced monitor I think is an example that those companies are starting to take note of the budget offerings that are out there. The quality and price is hard to ignore.

You might be right, but we haven't really had a major sub $20k video camera announcement since C200/EVA-1, so it's definitely been awhile.

It seems like so much progress has been made in codecs (BM Raw, ProRes Raw, H265) and mirrorless tech (X-T3, S1) that it would be prime time to release some great sub $10k video cameras.