DJI Announcing Something New On The 28th

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, JurijTurnsek said:

But will the footage hold up being intercut with the Sonys? 

I  help support like 8 different people on YouTube through Patreon and most of them use a Canon 80D as their main, but all of them seem to have a DJI Drone of some kind, and a GoPro and about the only way you can see a difference is yeah it is a overhead view so they are using the Drone, and yeah they are underwater so they are using their GoPro. Even some Smartphone footage thrown in at times.

Now granted they are not shooting Hollywood movies, but most of them are really well done. I think particularly 4K has leveled the playing field and it is getting easier to interlace footage now. Is it perfect, no, is it good enough probably yes for most amateur, semi Pro stuff. Wedding event people have been using all kinds of different stuff combined for years. Look at even the crash cams big time movies use. Sure it is in short cuts, but if the story is good enough you really don't pay that much attention to camera work unless it just sucks being out of focus or blurry as heck etc.. Video has come a Long way in the last few years. It is all becoming pretty amazing on big and small devices. If you have skill you can do about anything.

35 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I  help support like 8 different people on YouTube through Patreon and most of them use a Canon 80D as their main, but all of them seem to have a DJI Drone of some kind, and a GoPro and about the only way you can see a difference is yeah it is a overhead view so they are using the Drone, and yeah they are underwater so they are using their GoPro. Even some Smartphone footage thrown in at times.

Now granted they are not shooting Hollywood movies, but most of them are really well done. I think particularly 4K has leveled the playing field and it is getting easier to interlace footage now. Is it perfect, no, is it good enough probably yes for most amateur, semi Pro stuff. Wedding event people have been using all kinds of different stuff combined for years. Look at even the crash cams big time movies use. Sure it is in short cuts, but if the story is good enough you really don't pay that much attention to camera work unless it just sucks being out of focus or blurry as heck etc.. Video has come a Long way in the last few years. It is all becoming pretty amazing on big and small devices. If you have skill you can do about anything.

You just inadvertently confirmed my thesis that smartphone 4K footage is really only comparable to 1080p from a APS-C or FF camera. I would be surprised if it were up to par with 4K from these bigger sensors, even in good light (quick cuts aside).

53 minutes ago, JurijTurnsek said:

You just inadvertently confirmed my thesis that smartphone 4K footage is really only comparable to 1080p from a APS-C or FF camera. I would be surprised if it were up to par with 4K from these bigger sensors, even in good light (quick cuts aside).

Not on the new ones. The Smart HDR, plus bigger sensor on the new Apple XS, XS Max has jumped up the quality, clarity. Sure it is not an Arri Alexa, but even the low light is vastly improved in it. It is a hell of a lot sharper than most Canon cameras are even in 4K. But that is not saying much. The gap is getting smaller every day. The Pixel 3 is no slouch anymore either.

This video is pretty amazing for a Phone. Sure it is sharpened and the Saturation is high, but still it is impressive in detail and DR. Hell of a lot better than 1080p that is for sure.

Speaking of AI, that is what the Smart HDR tech is mostly about in it, this article from DPR is in reality great and scary at the same time.  Not good for actors down the road. The video is pretty amazing.

https://***URL removed***/news/5207032592/nvidia-researchers-create-ai-that-generates-photo-realistic-portraits

6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

The small sensors like on this pocket turns to mush in low light. They need to fix that & the rolling shutter. 

21 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

The small sensors like on this pocket turns to mush in low light. They need to fix that & the rolling shutter. 

A Arri Alexa is shit in low light LoL. The Pocket is 350 dollars! You expect Canon C200 results? RS, you have to have a 6 thousand plus dollar camera with a Global Shutter to have great RS.

4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

A Arri Alexa is shit in low light LoL. The Pocket is 350 dollars! You expect Canon C200 results? RS, you have to have a 6 thousand plus dollar camera with a Global Shutter to have great RS.

Nope, xt3 has around 8ms rolling shutter in 4k 10 bit & you can get it new for $1300

Lens problems mostly. You can't use their lenses on other cameras, and other camera lenses don't play well on the Fuji body. And that mechanical aperture knob makes smoother Iris control in the lens for video jerky. They sort of boxed their selves in on that part. And not many good lenses with OIS in them linked to a body with no IBIS, no sale for me.

Now for Photo mode not really as big of a problem. But video, nah not so good.

I did a controlled test with connecting it to an iphone 6, S8+ and standalone for battery life. 

Based on how long it took to drain 1% battery

Time is in minutes:

Iphone 6: 1:41

S8+: 1:36

Standalone: 1:58

This test was done at idle, no recording was done. Iphone 6 showed that it was charging from the osmo pocket when first connected, but then displayed that it wasn't shortly after. The S8+ shows at all times that it is charging from the pocket. 

5% difference between iphone & android for power draw at idle. 22% difference between using android or solo. 

3 hours ago, Snowbro said:

Time is in minutes:

Standalone: 1:58

You should get the battery checked if standalone only lasted 1 minute 58 seconds. ? 

I wonder if the loss of power is due to the phones charging or more processing.  For example, In standalone mode, you only see a portion of The frame due to the square screen, but on a phone you see the whole frame.

21 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

You should get the battery checked if standalone only lasted 1 minute 58 seconds. ? 

I wonder if the loss of power is due to the phones charging or more processing.  For example, In standalone mode, you only see a portion of The frame due to the square screen, but on a phone you see the whole frame.

Poor reading comprehension? That is how long it took to discharge 1% of the battery

"Based on how long it took to drain 1% battery

Time is in minutes:

Standalone: 1:58"