Jump to content
Andrew Reid

I WILL be getting a Fuji X-T3!

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, DanielVranic said:

ProResRAW would be so dope for the Fuji-XT3

ProRes RAW only works with Bayer sensor.

X-Trans RAW stills are already problematic, I can't imagine how disastrous it would be in video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xtrans raw is superb if handled correctly, but tends to be software dependent, Adobe being one of the more criticized.

The biggest issue for many over the years was for those coming from DSLR processing their images, especially sharpening, in Lightroom and getting a less than satisfactory result.

That scenario is far better than it was and one of the tricks (some say there should not need to be any extra steps) and in my moderately extensive testing, is to batch the raw files through Iridient X Transforner before importing the resulting DNG’s into LR.

I do that while making coffee and doing a bit of admin so actually only takes me less than 1 minute.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 8:53 PM, DanielVranic said:

Curious how well that adapter would work with the 18-35 1.8

I love the adapter with the 18-35. It works fantastic. I haven't run into any major issues with it. AF is good, aperture control works, its great honestly. If it had IS in the lens it would never leave my camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

If Fuji moves away from X-trans then I will move away from Fuji. The X-trans raw files is the main reason why I use them so much.

Wow, same here, the reason I started with an X-E1 a long time ago, still have it somewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one thing that i don't understand and that anoys me a lot is that when i am recording and i approch my eye to the evf then the screen goes off and the image appears in the evf. ok makes sense.

but the fact that it sends a black frame threw hdmi to the atomos recorder and don't get.

it fucks up the recording putting a black frame in the rush.

maybe there is a reason but i cannot find which one.

i had the issue with my moza air 2 when the camera's evf was getting close to the arm, it automaticaly shuts the screen and turn the evf on. perfect to me cause i want it to be like that but this is a pain for recording.

btw i could deactivate the thing but 1 i don't recall the name and don't find it in the endless menu and 2 it would be so much better not to send the signal threw hdmi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

i approch my eye to the evf then the screen goes off and the image appears in the evf. ok makes sense.

I don't know about this camera, but on most there's an option to turn off the evf eye detect thing - if this is a regular problem for you, I'd definitely see if you can turn it off. You might lose some battery life, but that's better than ruined shots.

---

Edit:

Oh you mention turning it off... seems to me you have a problem, and a solution to that problem, but are choosing not to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anaconda_ said:

I don't know about this camera, but on most there's an option to turn off the evf eye detect thing - if this is a regular problem for you, I'd definitely see if you can turn it off. You might lose some battery life, but that's better than ruined shots.

yes it is an option, just can't recall where it is and don't find it.

the xt3 menu is a bit gigantic 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

turns out you don't even need a menu, no matter how large it might be.

2046576325_ScreenShot2019-04-04at11_53_03.png.e3ccd34446699ca9076658a2be83565d.png

Since you're going to an Atomos recorder, you don't need the camera's LCD on anyway, so the EVF Only option will save you some battery life ;) Strange there's no option for both on though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

So I am in need of some faster AF glass for video.

Fuji doesn't have it. (yet. I see you 33f1) But I was thinking maybe Sigma ART line - 30mm 1.4 with the Fringer Ef-FX Pro

How would that perform?

It works really well Daniel.

In regards to AF if you use it, not quite as fast or as accurate all the time as native, but to be expected.

I haven't used any other adapters, but use the Fringer Pro with the Sigma 18-35 for that f1.8 aperture. For me, it is the best compromise of size, weight, speed, aperture, focal range etc.

Once that firmware upgrade comes out, I expect it to move from the 'good' category to 'very good' based on: bad, less than average, average, good, very good, excellent, a 6 point system with 6 being best and it currently on a 4 with an expected 5 imminent.

Last year with the XH1 I would have classed it a 3, but mostly because of the AF, but actually image quality-wise, bloody good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrSMW said:

It works really well Daniel.

In regards to AF if you use it, not quite as fast or as accurate all the time as native, but to be expected.

I haven't used any other adapters, but use the Fringer Pro with the Sigma 18-35 for that f1.8 aperture. For me, it is the best compromise of size, weight, speed, aperture, focal range etc.

Once that firmware upgrade comes out, I expect it to move from the 'good' category to 'very good' based on: bad, less than average, average, good, very good, excellent, a 6 point system with 6 being best and it currently on a 4 with an expected 5 imminent.

Last year with the XH1 I would have classed it a 3, but mostly because of the AF, but actually image quality-wise, bloody good!

Great. And I rarely if ever use face/eye detect, usually use like Spot detect. Work well?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should do Daniel. Last year with the XH1, I needed to give it the occasional manual nudge, but it was pretty decent.

I try and shoot it manual focus as much as I can, but as a one man band hybrid photographer/videographer, I sometimes need to do both at the same time such as entrances and exits so have to rely on the AF.

There has been a firmware update I think since Oct last year for the Fringer and that new one is coming for the XT3.

I just need my season to get under way ASAP because no amount of practicing etc can replace actual in the field working conditions unless they are replicated completely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 4:36 PM, thephoenix said:

one thing that i don't understand and that anoys me a lot is that when i am recording and i approch my eye to the evf then the screen goes off and the image appears in the evf. ok makes sense.

but the fact that it sends a black frame threw hdmi to the atomos recorder and don't get.

it fucks up the recording putting a black frame in the rush.

maybe there is a reason but i cannot find which one.

i had the issue with my moza air 2 when the camera's evf was getting close to the arm, it automaticaly shuts the screen and turn the evf on. perfect to me cause i want it to be like that but this is a pain for recording.

btw i could deactivate the thing but 1 i don't recall the name and don't find it in the endless menu and 2 it would be so much better not to send the signal threw hdmi

 

You don’t need to go into the menu, just use the EVF button to toggle to screen only before you start recording

You can toggle EVF only, Screen only, or Eye Sensor auto switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...