Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

2 minutes ago, BjornT said:

Just got the X-T3 yesterday and currently figuring it out. Coming from a GH5 I wondered when shooting 4K in 50FPS and  1080p in 100fps in high speed mode saves as 50 does one have to adjust the shutter or does the camera do it? I assume when shooting 4K at 50 shutter should be 100 and for 100fps should be 200 to conform to cinema standard but just wanted to check.

Anyone know of a good video or page out there on how to set it up for video?

I think if you're shooting at 100fps it will only allow you a minimum 200 shutter speed, and it will switch to that automatically. I'm not completely sure as I don't have the camera in front of me right now.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

I'm not sure that's available to buy yet. Personally I've also ordered the Fringer to see if it's better than the Viltrox. There are a few quirks with the Viltrox that I'm not happy with. It struggles to focus on some lenses at maximum zoom length, and also with my Canon 70-200 F4 the stabilisation switches off after a few seconds even if I'm recording. I'm going to test both and decide which to keep.

The Fringer seems to have very good support and frequent updates, so I'm hopeful they will have sorted out some of the kinks. Having said that, it is more than twice the price of the Viltrox!

2 minutes ago, austinchimp said:

I'm not sure that's available to buy yet. Personally I've also ordered the Fringer to see if it's better than the Viltrox. There are a few quirks with the Viltrox that I'm not happy with. It struggles to focus on some lenses at maximum zoom length, and also with my Canon 70-200 F4 the stabilisation switches off after a few seconds even if I'm recording. I'm going to test both and decide which to keep.

The Fringer seems to have very good support and frequent updates, so I'm hopeful they will have sorted out some of the kinks. Having said that, it is more than twice the price of the Viltrox!

problem is that the fringer does not reduces focal length

1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

metabones does one but not sure it's greater than others.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1049207-REG/metabones_mbspfd_x_bm1_canon_fd_lens_to.html

i've read that they are working on new one but didn't find any real confirmation

Metabones confirmed in email communications that they are indeed working on smart EF-X speedbooster along with several other new products. Nothing imminent though expect a few months wait.

X-T3 V2.0 firmware details announced, available December:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-announces-firmware-updates-for-fujifilm-gfx-50s-fujifilm-x-t3-and-fujifilm-x-h1/

13 hours ago, andrew_dotdot said:

I'm trying to fully understand X-T3 video autofocus, and I'm curious about the above. When I look at the display as I record video, I see "AF-C" in the lower left whether the front dial is set to AF-S or AF-C. (MF comes up too, of course, but let's stay with AF.) My experience, and my interpretation of the manual is that there's basically MF or AF-C as the top-level focus modes for video; and under AF-C there's either "Multi" (full automatic) or "Area" which focuses on what's inside the focus box.

To autofocus on something and hold that focus, I've set the AF-L button to "Switch" rather than "Pressed", so I can lock the focus that's currently acquired until the next press of the AF-L releases it. This is akin to the "Shot" focus functionality, stopping it from refocusing.

The below table doesn't seem to apply to Movie mode. In my testing, AF and Area do the same thing (Area), and they do this regardless of whether the physical dial is set to AF-C or AF-S.

@Cameramoto, @Attila Bakos - Do you also get this, or does your experience contradict this? I would be interested to get the AF-S functionality in video without the AF-L workaround. Maybe I've got something in my settings that's blocking this for me?

//Andrew

If you have face detection on, AF mode will stay as AF-C even your dial is in AF-S position.

5 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yes! I am excited for HLG. Also looking forward to using film simulation luts to monitor log. I wonder if they will have more luts for vlog other then eterna(classic chrome maybe?)

I will have :) Check the ones available for the X-T2 at http://colorizer.net. You can also try them for the X-T3's F-Log. Just make sure to switch footage to use video levels. 

2 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Someone who goes by the name Lucas Mason on LiftGammaGain forums and is using the exact same profile picture ;) He used the name Luke Mason here and has the same style as yours :) Busted?

Oh that's peculiar, let's not spam this thread.

Fuji's updated set of LUTs for XT2, XH1 and XT3:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/lut/zip/F-Log_LUT_E_Ver.1.11.zip