Behind the Scenes footage

IronFilm

On 8/14/2018 at 11:38 AM, webrunner5 said:

And you wonder why they don't pay you shit for money! ?

On 8/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, IronFilm said:

Saw this, would kinda like to make it like that:

image.thumb.png.411a97b5ebdb5b31827e795b08a3d454.pngimage.thumb.png.94b23ba69a165fc4383fa49a89a01a5b.png

But I'll probably just slum it like this (but surely horizontal boxes make more sense than vertical? Then three could be fitted in, instead of two, and would make for a larger surface to mix on! Win-win.)

image.thumb.png.3bb6d8749fc7c173e6d8327e5071b27d.png

Pretty good page here for some cart ideas to copy off of.

https://www.pinterest.com/andyparnell1/sound-carts/?lp=true

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ah yes, I know of Andy Parnell, he is an aussie soundie from across the ditch.

You might notice most of those pics on his pinterest originate from jwsoundgroup

They have their very extensive gallery of sound carts:

https://jwsound.smugmug.com/Gallerysoundcarts/i-NFtfZsx

Plus many more images scattered across the forum:
http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/forum/22-images-of-interest/

http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/forum/31-do-it-yourself/

5 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

"from across the ditch" Funny stuff!

All of us our-country-is-also-a-continent people over here have a club, one of the main things is cool names.  The US says "across the pond" about the UK, but actually that was started by the UK, because they are technically a member of the club too, and we let the US use it because we're all very nice.  That's part of the club rules too.

All you have to do is start being nice, and to merge with Canada, Mexico, and all the South American countries and we'll consider your application ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Super Members
12 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Bluetooth connection swap

With it being Bluetooth LE, I suspect this will be related to the F8n not allowing multiple client devices being registered for notification and/or write on the same service characteristic(s).  

However....whilst not a single button button option I think this will provide you with a solution....

If you go into the Ipad settings screen and tell it to forget the F8n then it will remove the bonding from the F8n which will then make it available to the iPod.

Then when you want to swap back you would do the same on the Ipod to break the bond and make it available to the iPad.

As I say, its not an instant single button solution but shouldn't take more than 10-15 seconds.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, IronFilm said:

i thought i saw some  progress on your trolley in an earlier vid however this time around looks like your back to stacking a couple of bags on top of one another or do you have separate trolleys for different jobs ? i'm sort of preparing to do a similar thing with a trolley myself. have you considered those flat pack plastic storage containers ? i plan on getting a couple of different sizes and making a couple of shelves for them. i also come from a removalist's background i'm tempted to get with one the ratchet strap mounted to the trolley as not only could you run it around the cart and secure everything. you can also just ratchet the trolley to the side of a truck or lug point in a ute for a quicker departure. one other question i have is have you had an issue with the tires marking timber or vinyl floors ? as a removalist i can say people do tend to get agitated if they think their floors might become marked. one other tip i have for you is that uhf walkie talkie is pretty handy out on the road as well change it to channel 40, the truckie's channel and you will get constant road reports.

plastic container.jpg

2 hours ago, leslie said:

i thought i saw some  progress on your trolley in an earlier vid however this time around looks like your back to stacking a couple of bags on top of one another or do you have separate trolleys for different jobs ?

Still got basically the same set up, been a bit lazy/busy and haven't finished the rest of my plans yet. 
So currently it basically is a double tier of drawers (this is a more or less a three part plastic set up: the frame + two drawers) tied down onto a hand trolley. A very simple set up indeed! But a good starting point. And I can use the trolley to carry around other things too attached to it: camping chair, gear bags, C stand, boom poles, sound mat, etc

You can see the drawers I'm talking about here, but I went with the double height ones not the triple height ones in this video:

I'm sure in five years or so I'll have more than one sound cart build, but for now this is it!

one other question i have is have you had an issue with the tires marking timber or vinyl floors ?

Nope, but I'll keep an eye out for this now. 

have you considered those flat pack plastic storage containers ? i plan on getting a couple of different sizes and making a couple of shelves for them.

If I had these attached to the cart then they wouldn't be quite so easy to access gear in. But yeah, I have one of those flat pack ones just for transporting around bits of camera gear rigging.