Panasonic Profile Stepper App

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

@BTM_Pix Great analytical mind, just wish you were in the NX camp when the mod/hack scene was a thing!

Amazing stuff, nevertheless!

I thought they did plenty well enough without my ham fisted blundering about !

Its portable to the NX though from what I can see of their protocol.

If I had one.

But prices seemed to take a big jump in the last few weeks of March for some reason ;)

• Super Members

Just a couple of additional notes regarding intended usage.

Unfortunately, Panasonic don't offer a way to control the highlight and shadow parameters remotely which is why they aren't included.

However, what I would recommend is you setting up the parameter ranges you were interested in using the app and doing several passes with adjustments to the highlights and shadows between each pass.

This will achieve the same end.

With regard to doing this as stills versus video, the purpose of the video is so that you can put it on a timeline and not only observe the changes all in one place instead of ploughing through hundreds of stills but also to be able to add a LUT to it so you can see if there are settings changes you can make in camera to better prepare it to be used with a particular film simulation LUT you may have.

The benefit of the stills is in making your own LUT without the image changing !

Obviously, don't also just think this is for analysing dull test scenes and colour charts but take it out into the outside world and see what you can extract from the sensor and processor in a real scenario. 

BTM, first of all, thank you for this and congratulation again.

I play with the program a little, but i can't take the point to the combination test. (Stepper method)

I think it will be more usefull (to me) just simple slider for each value (contrast, sharpness, NR, saturation) and play with them with a hdmi external monitor to see the changes in real time. (Without going to the camera menus, loosing the image-reference).

Something like Panasonic Profile Slider App.

If the slider say the number of value that is sending to the camera, will be the best way to found the "golden combination" in the field.

But anyways really great job, consider a donation page or similar because your work worth it.

• Super Members
5 minutes ago, Grimor said:

BTM, first of all, thank you for this and congratulation again.

I play with the program a little, but i can't take the point to the combination test. (Stepper method)

I think it will be more usefull (to me) just simple slider for each value (contrast, sharpness, NR, saturation) and play with them with a hdmi external monitor to see the changes in real time. (Without going to the camera menus, loosing the image-reference).

Something like Panasonic Profile Slider App.

If the slider say the number of value that is sending to the camera, will be the best way to found the "golden combination" in the field.

But anyways really great job, consider a donation page or similar because your work worth it.

I agree regarding a real time tweaker (as with my hardware one) but, yes, this is for a different purpose to build a complete reference file of all the permutations in a very structured way.

Let me get back to you about a tweaker app as its not a huge effort to knock one together if you want it.

• Super Members

OK, as requested by @Grimor I've just written an additional app for live tweaking of the parameters.

Screenshot_20180405-203112.thumb.png.5d8e7fb22fc48f87e2768436e8e852ef.png

Usual instructions, so put your Panasonic camera into wifi mode and attach your phone/tablet then press the Connect button in the app.

Select a base profile with the Profile button and then tweak away on the sliders.

Press the STILL button to, erm, take a still and the REC button will start a video recording.

While the video is recording, your tweaks are still live to the camera and will be recorded.

Download link is here

https://mega.nz/#!djgk1aIL!fzloi_GiFqTNULCcYhCaG0oZHes6sQd-RzW_PsUlK-I

Enjoy !

Working ok with no issues at the moment. 

Really helpfull for match color style of different lumix cameras and fine tunning on the field.

13 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Hope it works and doesn't break your phones.

Or your cameras.

;) 

Now that you have all my phone contacts, don't forget to call my mom and say her i will be on her house to lunch next saturday... :grin:

Thanks a lot, you are great!!!

@BTM_Pix G'damn this deserves more attention man. Excellent job. Hope the community picks it up. Just ordered a cheap GX80, can't wait to give it cine D ;-)

(OT: you mentioned in another thread a mic input hack for the GX80? Did you take it apart and find a connector on the board or something? Or just kidding? ;-))

• Super Members

OK, another day, another app 

As I originally mentioned, the Bracket part of my test app was a bit flaky but as another forum member wanted just the bracket part, I've made a dedicated one.

Screenshot_20180406-153250.thumb.png.3fd6b59dbdf7c2e5081730333fcf5a34.png

Usual story, activate the Wifi on your Panasonic camera and select Connect.

Choose the base shutter speed with the Shutter button.

The choose the number of plus and minus steps that you want with the sliders.

These are 1/3rd steps so its 6 stops in either direction.

Depending on your particular Panasonic camera, you may have to activate electronic shutter to get the upper values if you've got a high base speed and have a number of + steps.

If you don't activate electronic shutter then it will just go as high as it can with the mechanical shutter and then repeat the same frames after that.

When you are all set up, press the Bracket button and it will begin executing the commands, beginning with your base frame and then doing the over and unders that you have set.

To prevent overloading the Wifi and to take into account slower FPS cameras there is a delay built in between frames.

Download link is here

https://mega.nz/#!92R11RaC!4IuYvd7SWu3UKpHzRK6nZA1PFPRruSEDw1nFp7ERXf4

Enjoy !

41 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I haven't actually done it myself but based on someone doing it on an LX100 (picture is somewhere on here) and a picture of the GX80 board you can see the same entry points on both.

My GX80 is out of warranty in a month or so. Maybe I'll give it a go then :)

I remember a YT video from a guy soldering a mic input on his LX100 yeah...cool stuff.

Let me take the opportunity to cheer you on for having a go at you GX80 ;-)

On 6.4.2018 at 3:36 PM, BTM_Pix said:

OK, another day, another app 

As I originally mentioned, the Bracket part of my test app was a bit flaky but as another forum member wanted just the bracket part, I've made a dedicated one.

Screenshot_20180406-153250.thumb.png.3fd6b59dbdf7c2e5081730333fcf5a34.png

Usual story, activate the Wifi on your Panasonic camera and select Connect.

Choose the base shutter speed with the Shutter button.

The choose the number of plus and minus steps that you want with the sliders.

These are 1/3rd steps so its 6 stops in either direction.

Depending on your particular Panasonic camera, you may have to activate electronic shutter to get the upper values if you've got a high base speed and have a number of + steps.

If you don't activate electronic shutter then it will just go as high as it can with the mechanical shutter and then repeat the same frames after that.

When you are all set up, press the Bracket button and it will begin executing the commands, beginning with your base frame and then doing the over and unders that you have set.

To prevent overloading the Wifi and to take into account slower FPS cameras there is a delay built in between frames.

Download link is here

https://mega.nz/#!92R11RaC!4IuYvd7SWu3UKpHzRK6nZA1PFPRruSEDw1nFp7ERXf4

Enjoy !

Hey, i have some issues with my "Samsung Tab2" and my "Panasonic Lumix G70". Camera is connected and under control by your app. Ure App is installed and running, but i cant release the script by pushing the bracket button.

In your Screenshot is also a shutter number which doesnt appear after selecting. Seems to be an andriod problem...

I have also tried your other App, after pushing the bracket Button it says Bad Argument. But if i push the Start Button in the upper corner, my cam starts shooting. I have activated electronic shutter, but it only goes +-7ev with 1/3 stops. Tomorrow i can give it another try with my old HTC Android phone.

Best regards from germany

Micha

30118162_10216507211577111_1313129271_n.jpg

30120792_10216507210897094_1960756078_n.jpg

30121164_10216507251258103_1619842437_n.jpg

30126151_10216507254738190_417053776_o.jpg

• Super Members

Don't use the Bracket function of the Stepper app as there is a bug with it, hence why I made the dedicated one.

So only use the dedicated one.

When you are using the dedicated one, make sure you select a shutter speed first by pressing the Shutter button

This will open a list and you select your base shutter speed from there.

It will then return you to the main screen and you should see the selected shutter speed.

1 minute ago, BTM_Pix said:

Don't use the Bracket function of the Stepper app as there is a bug with it, hence why I made the dedicated one.

So only use the dedicated one.

When you are using the dedicated one, make sure you select a shutter speed first by pressing the Shutter button

This will open a list and you select your base shutter speed from there.

It will then return you to the main screen and you should see the selected shutter speed.

Yeah, ive done. But he doesnt show the selected speed after returning :(